Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
"melee" and "ranged" are not concepts that describe any warframe well since your melee and ranged dps are both based entirely on your mod collection. Also melee sucks in general.

You should be looking at powers instead.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vauban_(Warframe)

Vauban has Tesla(25), Bounce(50), Bastille(75) and Vortex(100 energy).

Tesla is a little lightning ball that zaps a target within range every 3 seconds for a decent amount of elec damage. Great vs corpus, can stunlock anything that isn't an Ancient if you have enough out. Fire-and-forget area denial. Lasts 40 seconds(unchanging), has 10 Zaps at max, modified by power duration. Good power.

Bounce is a jump pad that has 4 uses at max level. It's a Super Jump you can share. Decent mobility power. Also activates on enemies to ragdoll and knock them into the air. You can also chuck it on an ally or enemy to bounce them around. Everyone loves Bounce.

Bastille is an aoe that lifts a set number of enemies(increased by mods like Focus) into the air, incapacitating them for the duration of the power. Decent. Can't increase the enemy cap by dropping more down on top of each other though, you have to spread them out so they don't overlap. Slows down bosses immensely instead of lifting them.

Vortex ragdolls and sucks in all enemies that can be ragdolled and does 1000 damage over the base duration of the power through lots of little ticks. Damage is affected by armor. Mostly useful for the unlimited CC, pairs well with AOE weapons like Ignis or Ogris.

NONE of Vauban's powers interrupt firing or reloading or running or wallrunning, so you can use them while doing whatever else you want.

If making GBS threads out lightning balls, jump pads, cages and black holes sounds fun then Vauban may be for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah there's still netcode issues, but it's pretty playable now. Heat Sword is poo poo, Dual Heat Swords are better, but melee in general is bad. Afuris are still bad. You want armor-ignore guns, but there's a complete damage system overhaul potentially in the very next update and that'll shake everything up.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That is also enemy level, not the level you should be at. You should be able to cruise through Venus pretty simply, but Earth will be a bit of a wall until you at least get an AP damage mod.

The game is kind of wonky.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The clan vault is just where materials go when you remove bits of your dojo, or decorations, or whatever.

Don't upgrade the size of your clan until you get most of the research done, invite poopsockers first. The research and building requirements scale up with your clan membership cap, not how many people are currently in your clan.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
A lv0(15%) No Return mod on akvasto now would get you 7.5 AP damage. With the new stats as seen in that image, you get 1.3 damage. This makes elemental mods way more powerful by comparison, since you get 7.5 damage from Heated Charge lv0(15%). It also encourages weapon specialization, since you'd get more raw damage out of using No Return on a mostly-Piercing weapon(Despair, say) instead of something like the akvasto. Which means a well-prepared Tenno is going to be going into a game with their weapons all slotted for a different enemy type. Which means that they'll be forced to deal with the ridiculous weapon swap times. So it's going to be fun to see how DE handles Speed Holster either by buffing the poo poo out of it or removing it and letting everyone swap guns at a reasonable speed. I'm betting that'll happen after the "just use Speed Holster lol" response.

Another effect of the new damage model(as stated) is that it'll probably make critbuilds the damage builds, even more than they currently are due to AP being the only thing worth building for at high levels, because they'll give you the most damage, period.

Elemental guns like Ignis are an interesting problem too. Will they be getting elemental damage in addition to the base 3 damage types, splitting their damage 4 ways, or will they be purely elemental damage? If they remain pure will stuff like Piercing Hit scale based off the elemental damage or will they simply have no effect? Will the base fire damage mean we can just add in an Ice mod to shoot explosions or will we have to add a Fire mod and an Ice mod? If the latter, will we be shooting burning explosions? Also would a matching-element mod effectively be another +basedamage for the purposes of calculating further mods(pierce,slashing,impact,elemental)?
edit: probably not considered +basedamage since that's not how it currently works but hey, who knows. Oh poo poo I just realized, if mods scale off the non-fractured damage of elemental guns then Ignis etc are going to be comparatively godlike.

I really need to know more about how the procs, well, proc. There's lots of different ways it could go. Are they additive- is there a % chance to proc for each one of the three types, plus elemental effects, or is it a single % chance to proc an effect and then a die rolled for which? Is it one % for the base 3, then another % for elements? Do elements each have their own % or is it one umbrella % with a die rolled for which effect to apply? Or would it apply all the effects? And so on.

So many fiddly things to pick at!

Denzine fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 19, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Stand on a box or shelf.

The AI isn't very good.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Feenix posted:

Is there something I can do to increase starting ammo capacity?

There are +ammo mods but they are not worth slotting compared to +damage mods unless you have nothing else to use. Slot +AP and +damage. Then multishot.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12RBu24s5gE

Update 11 preview. We're getting a better map and Trading and some other poo poo I don't care about.

PS we need an updated layout for the clan hall to integrate the trading room someone get on that.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

please oh please replace Excalibur, which is a boring hackyslashy, with the new what'shername, who seems to be a lot more dynamic and interesting. That said, I'm sure she'll turn out to spam 1 all day in lieu of any other power, because GRAPPLING HOOK!

I too hope they replace a solid frame with a suite of useful powers with a frame whose only useful power is a lovely grappling hook that isn't even animated well.

Hey remember when they fixed the camera-activated lasers so the slide thing didn't work any more? Remember how loving fast they unfixed it?

why the gently caress do they even have them in the game. honestly.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Iron Skin, Stomp. Maybe throw a Roar in somewhere.

Rhino's pretty fun to play as because Iron Skin lets you ignore the stupid bullshit DE likes to put in the game for no reason.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
They really need to start giving themselves some breathing room for giant updates like this.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Wooden sandals. you know it'll happen.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Hysteria is a stupid loving name because it's got nothing to do with RRRAAARRGHRGHRRHGRHHRRR.

Also 75plat for a lv10 Serration is a steal good job.

edit: OH YEAH GUYS I ALMOST FORGOT Blessing has a loving damage cap now, making it largely loving worthless.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 21, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
High shotgun crit rates were a bug and are now fixed. Shotguns are now poo poo again. All the critguns had their crit nerfed. Soma lost over 20% off its max and stwraith lost ~10%. Gorgon now has 10% crit base, making it poo poo again.

Blessing still has a damage cap, looks like that one's NOT a bug.

Lanka doesn't show its crit rate in the Arsenal but it crits ingame so all that poo poo about how gun stats would be taken directly from the actual stats the game uses for mechanics? A loving lie.

edit: oh and I just tried the Lanka cuz it lists its damage as Elec again and maxed the proc chance and it doesn't actually seem to have any ability to proc the chain lightning effect. Or the range is really lovely. who knows.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 21, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
respect my pet mob

do it

fine i'll just make it impossible to cc and oneshot everyone no matter what

respect itttttt

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Instead of buffing Ember specifically, they reduced the enemy's defenses against her by removing Armor from most things and reducing overall mob HP. They also seem to have greatly reduced the speed of World On Fire's damage ticks.

Fireball is still a single-target waste of energy, Overheat still does nothing worth using, and Fire Blast is still too expensive, but World on Fire now kills Ancients at the cost of not being even remotely as good against hordes.

In short, no, they didn't fix Ember at all.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Ardeem posted:

Mobile Defense on Cyath, drop two Fire Blasts on the aproach lanes to the console and then stand inside one of them doing nothing but trying to take pictures of runners before they immolate themselves.

That worked before the update though. Fire Blast's dot ignored armor.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

wid posted:

I find using the Corrosive element is the closest I could get to pre-U11 Ignis and Flux Rifle damage, even against Infested. But since it's a proc, there are times when it took a long rear end time just to kill one. But more often they die almost as fast before. Weird how Infested is supposed to be more vulnerable to Heat but all Heat Ignis kills them much slower than Corrosive Ignis.

Does corrosive make you do increased damage?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Any element or combination of elements will boost your damage overall. Corrosive allows you to do more damage through armour.

He said it's doing more damage to Infested, which mostly don't have armor, than straight up Fire damage, which they are weak against. I'm asking if Corrosive lets you do more damage to unarmored enemies as well as unarmored ones, if the proc can be considered a generic damage modifier. I guess it wasn't as clear as I thought.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah okay so I grabbed my Dera and plopped corrosive on it, the proc doesn't change the damage at all. Although the first time around I was getting strange variance in the damage dealt, guess I was just seeing things. Also tested with additional elemental mods, no extra damage after a corrosive proc. oh well.

Also, Ogris doesn't proc. Anything. At all. Even if you hit them with the rocket.

edit: Frost's attack powers are actually useful now, although Avalanch is a little buggy with Fleeting Expertise. Max range Avalanch hits a respectable area and, more importantly, has some pretty effective CC going for it. Also you get a few seconds to run around and shoot your frozen statues in the brains.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 24, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Puncture gets bonus damage against armored targets. It does not ignore armor. This means that a well modded Boltor's low base damage makes it not very good vs. anything, even armored targets, compared to pretty much any other rifle with similar mods that isn't the Grakata.

vvv .3% on the Afuris and Twin Vipers! Stacking procs would help these guns, but DE went and made that not a thing that can happen.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 25, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Will there be space ninja pajama parties in update12? Only time will tell.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Coldbird posted:

Keep in mind that although the physical damage (impact, piercing, slash) mods look weaker than the same elemental mods, that the base damage the elemental mods calculate from is after the application of the physical damage mods.

"elemental" damage mods like Piercing Hit(+Piercing), Hellfire(+fire), and so on are calculated separately from each other. The only thing that will increase elemental damage is +basedamage mods like Serration, Hornet Strike, faction damage and such.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Go ahead and take pictures for the codex as you can, but right now all it does is give you resistence/weakness info and their drop tables, which you can get from the wiki without doing DE's ridiculous bullshit.

Also, Bastille is not a bad power. It's just not the end-all of Infested Defense any more(vortex is). It is now the single best picture-taking power in the game, and fantastic for figuring out damage mechanics because it immobilizes enemies without doing damage to them.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If you hit Shield Polarize immediately after the cutscene Zanuka's loving 100k shields or whatever will kill Alad V outright, Alad's radial damage will knock Zanuka down, and you can calmly stroll up and put the doggy down for a very, very quick boss kill. It's also pretty good in Tower Defense.

Hunting electric crawlers is the biggest piece of bullshit the game's had in a while, though. Shotgun poison is basically transmutation-only at this point.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
In Damage 1.0 the Boltor was a good newbie weapon because its damage was entirely armor-ignore, except on medium grineer who slightly resisted it. With everything in that system relying on armor amping their effective HP, and the Boltor ignoring armor, you got an effective dps far higher than most other guns with far less modding required. THAT made it a good newbie weapon.

In Damage 2.0 Piercing damage does not ignore armor, which many units still rely on to amp their effective HP, and units that don't have armor have more base hp and potentially resist the Piercing type(infested). With its low base damage, crit, proc, and its main gimmick gone the Boltor is pretty much a poo poo weapon no one should use except for mastery.

The Ballistica was never a really practical weapon but at least it didn't get shafted in base damage with the change, and the charged attack penetrates dudes innately. That's something I guess.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
http://ow.ly/i/3Rfxq/original

yeah this sounds like a good idea. Also, update:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/139326-update-1110/

Update 11.1.0

ADDITIONS:
New Weapon: CERNOS Tenno Hunting bow
Dual Kamas added to the Market
Aklex (Akimbo Lex pistols) added to the Market

CHANGES:
Melee Auto-Targeting System:
Allow more customization based on player preference.
Add Settings for Auto-lock (Melee Assist), attack toward character facing or camera (Align Attacks To Camera)
Auto-turning the camera to face the target (Camera Tracks Melee Target)
Do smooth turns when attacking away from a melee target.
Updated Gram skin to match faction style better. This is automatic, all your Grams are updated!
Microphone sampling rate changed to 48KHz (from 8KHz) for dramatically improved VOIP (in-game chat).
Visibility improvements made to sniper scopes.
Improved networking code to work around the OS delaying network port reuse; previously some users were forced to use arbitrary ports which rendered UPnP or manual port-forwards useless and prevented connections.
Improved Codex AI display for mod drops.
Survival Missions will now allow the replenishing of Life Support if the bar hits 0% while a player is activating a life support capsule.
Survival Mission enemy level scaling changes.
Flipped positions of timer and broadcast/defense elements when displaying overlay map.
Offer to sell more slots to user if none left when attempting to claim or rush a Foundry item, followed by offer to buy platinum from store if user has insufficient amount.
Removed tooltip for daily sign-in reward, and added text field that states it when the roll is finished.
Alad V - increased Single Player level cap. Zanuka scaling matches Alad's. AI minions spawn a little less frequently.
Alad V - Added some jump actions on the exterior catwalks for Zanuka to get back to the main platform.
Improved handling of AI that get hung up or stuck.
Adding kick and punch events to stealth finisher animations.
Increased the speed of the social tabs flashing when they have unread messages.
Reduced effectiveness of the interaction between Rage/Quick Thinking mods to prevent indefinite immortality in all game modes.
The QuickThinking mod no longer saves you from suicide damage.
Chat - Hold onto the current user list scroll bar position when the user list is refreshed, instead of always being snapped back to the top of the list.
Require movement to do an auto-vault (like we do for wallrunning).
Added the new capture objective rooms to Orokin Void and Derelicts.
Disabled scanner in training levels.
Added gamepad support to Trading.
New Corpus Survival and Defense squads using new U11 enemy types.
Private conversation tabs will now have their chat histories persist through multiple game sessions.
Alad V – can no longer be pushed/pulled/bounced.
Mouse scroll input is now eaten by the Social Menu when it's maximized and the mouse is hovering over the social menu.
Volt’s blueprints added to Mission Reward tables. We would like to clarify here that the original U11 notes suggested that his former Boss, J3Golem, would be dropping them in systemic invasions. This is no longer the case, and his parts can be found by playing various missions.

FIXES:
Fixed issue where players knocked into bleedout while using Codex Scanner would lose weapon firing functionality until revived.
Fixed reported issues related to Codex.
Fixed Mire not dealing poison damage on its own.
Fixed issue that made some mods un-tradable.
Fixed enemy pain barks that were not playing.
Fixed enemies that would fire after death.
Fixed enemies killed by Rhino’s Stomp being suspended for eternity in slow motion death.
Fixed issues with Alad V boss fight and teleportation after falling off level.
Fixed issue with Tigris where second shot would be fired upon melee, weapon switch, landing a jump, or roll dodging. Performing any of these actions will now cancel the loaded shot from semi automatic behaviour.
Fixed reported issue of Nova’s Wormhole ability being too high when used above her head.
Fixed issues related to dead enemies hanging around on clients.
Fixed knockdown resist mods not working for clients in some situations.

Fixed: The effect of puncture damage mods being inconsistent:
-The dual stat mod now increases existing puncture damage, as intended
-Reworded the text for damage increasing mods to possibly make it clearer

Fixed rich presence updates failing when the contact list was resized to include more users.

Fixed some client / host issues with the Capture missions:
-lock the session if all targets are captured or escaped
-made the bounds of the capture context action larger.
-Added ragdoll injury handlers to the capture target to support some more Warframe powers.

Fixed some enemies not dying when taking magnetic damage.
Fixed Mods upgrade screen to remember last sorting choice.
Fixed mod sorting issues when using Price and Recent filters.
Fixed Trading UI to display only “tradeable” mods.
Fixed the social menu flashing when it receives messages from the chat history of a tab.
Fixed color customization that would not be saved if you transitioned between screens.
Fixed the chat area fill position getting set incorrectly if we're not in the Social menu Chat tab and a new private conversation/session tab is created.
Fixed issue where Capture target does not stay downed after a host migration.
Fixed Mobile Defense dioramas to make sure 1st player always holds datamass in diorama.
Fixed cases where users with names beginning with '-' or a digit would receive all whispers in one chat panel.
Fixed Corpus security lasers to force knockdown as design intended.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
It's like reading an angsty kid's deviantart fanfic.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The Supra is as good as it ever was, the Soma just eclipses it entirely. Crit damage(which Soma mostly does) is multiplied by 4 when it's on a weak point. So you can hit a lv60 Grineer heavy gunner in the head for over 1,000 damage per crit with Soma.

If you're trying to make the Supra useful you should unslot your Piercing damage mods(old AP damage) and instead work towards getting a full rainbow build going. Rifle poison drops from Elite Crewmen and Corrupted Lancers, so it's pretty common, and it's necessary for the best damage combos in the game- Blast/Corrosive for fighting armor(Cold+Fire, Poison+Elec) and Magnetic/Gas(Cold+Elec, Fire+Poison) for shields.

and yes, the Ignis is just brilliant in the new system. I need more mod slots and potentially a Forma respec (and then another Forma or two) before I can maximize its damage while keeping loadout flexibility, though.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Bring Dread to Cyath, Xini or any other Infested map. Dread is mostly Slashing damage which gets a bonus vs Infested.

edit: Ignis doesn't shoot through doors or walls, technically. It just has a radial effect- of significant size- on wherever the center of the cone hits, and that is what ignores obstacles.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 28, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/139996-hotfix-1111/

- Anti Moa's now drop Pathogen Mods
- Fixed Survival mode enemy levels increasing at an astronomic rate.
- Fixed Valkyr's Warcry not slowing enemies down more at higher levels
- Fixed Alad V being too weak to Valkyr’s Ripline.
- Fixed issues with Orokin Void and Derelict capture rooms causing a game hang.
- Fixed Ember Prime missing her "prime effect" in the Void.
- Fixed Rage mod activating when shield-only damage is received
- Fixed "Power In Use" occurring when using Trinity's Energy Vampire
- Fixed some of Darvo's transmissions not playing during alert mission
- Fixed "select a node" hint appearing when playing key-based missions
- Fixed Solar Map progress including event and PVP nodes, resulting in incorrect progress “X/239”.
- Fixed being able to scroll and element underneath the social menu when the Social Menu’s context menu is open.
- Fixed gas, viral, and corrosive melee fx on non-Tenno weapons causing performance issues.
- Various crash fixes

Having problems with Challenges/Achievements? Please see here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/139977-issues-with-achievementschallenges-megathread/

A script has recently run to give all Founders of Hunter of above the Excalibur Prime Avatar in-game.

-----------------

About Trinity builds, this one (with the Aura hat) gets me ~20 seconds of Blessing for 25 energy. +148% duration from mods, 25% from Aura, -60% from Fleeting Expertise, +113% duration total. There is room for improvement, I just don't care. This build lets you take lv0 frames basically anywhere.

This build(without Aura) gets me 40% duration Energy Vampire that lasts 3.6 seconds and is worth 55 energy per pulse and costs 25 energy to cast. 220 energy every 4 seconds or so within 36 meters of the target, assuming I can chain cast it on cooldown. This build would let everyone else run without efficiency mods, and with max Blind Rage, and still spam ults all day.

There's also all sorts of in-between builds to keep Blessing up while also having a useful Energy Vampire. Trinity's pretty neat with how different her builds all are, but some of her powers really need work. Well of Life specifically. That thing is still just awful.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Harrower posted:

Because you have the choice of a) killing things better b)jumping around like a moron. B is a pretty valid choice, but A is pretty good too.

What the gently caress is your build like that you can't slot Super Jump without unslotting Focus or Reach or something?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Sobek or Hek do well against Corpus, since Impact gets a bonus vs shields.

GarudaPrime posted:

Anyone want to weigh in on endgame sentinel gun dps?

Sweeper is king and has no falloff. With the -spread vault mod it becomes a sniper unequaled(so far).

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Nekros is loving awful now that his one single use(Rage->Quick Thinking) is gone and Search the Dead doesn't work on electric crawlers, which are the only thing that drops shotgun poison.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kokoro Wish posted:

To me they seem at the very least technically competant as this game runs glass on my way out of date system at full detail. And they must be doing something right design wise as well as this is a game I and my friends have sunk far too many hours on with no money spent until recent months.

The engine they're using is at minimum five years old and designed to run on the 360(it's the original Dark Sector's engine) and is full of dumb poo poo. FOR EXAMPLE, aiming lets you do this!

Tiny Valkyr standing on another warframe's head!

There's also birgirpall's "I Broke Star Trek" video, which showcases some bugs that stuck around for a really long time in Warframe and some which were never really fixed at all. Including the aiming thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ2X8PHAI6Y

Warframe deserves its score. When Warframe "launches"(even though it will never be out of beta until maybe just before they discontinue development) it'll get reviewed again. And it'll still get a low score.

Its saving graces are that it's not particularly difficult so many of the balance issues don't always matter, the grind isn't so monstrous that the random issues with missions and mission rewards aren't crippling, and it's really really easy to drop into a game and just play. Then randomly phase through a wall or get pulled through the floor by a door and fall into the void and be stuck forever/die and revive because there's no /unstuck command or ability to report bugs ingame because clearly that's what a beta doesn't need did I mention it's a beta guys it's a beta can't judge a buggy beta it's a beta even though we're taking people's money for it it's still a beta can't judge what the final product is going to be even though we're currently selling it you can't judge a beta

Diet Lime posted:

As a person who is itching to play MechWarrior Online the moment my 3-day Warframe bonus ends, I assure you that's wrong.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Ruddha posted:

Would you care for a bottle, and a nap?

I like you.

Piercing is reduced by Armor so slotting Pierce isn't as useful as slotting Blast. Pierce is an extra 30% damage based off 90% of a (mostly Pierce) gun's base damage with a 50% bonus vs armor for one card slot. Blast takes 2 slots(cold+fire) for 180% of a gun's base damage with a further 25% bonus vs armor. Assuming the gun has 100 Pierce damage, that's 100*.3=30*1.5=45 extra Piercing damage(90 for pistols) vs. 100*1.8=180*1.25=225 Blast damage.

Grineer heads also seem to be unarmored, so even if Piercing DID ignore armor your rainbow build would have a solid backup plan of "shoot mans in head" for ridiculous amounts of damage.

The piercing/impact/slashing damage mods are basically worthless and you shouldn't slot them. Shotguns and melee get Piercing bonuses attached to other things that you'd slot anyway, so that's not a concern.

edit: vvv My intense dislike of cooldowns aside, you know they'd just add cooldown reduction mods and we'd be right back where we started.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Dec 2, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Super Jump is pretty much the laziest power in the world yeah.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Dapper Man posted:

On the scale of game reviews, 4/10 is not a fun game. Warframe is a fun game, much matter how much Denzine has little breakdown over his gaping timesink, god rest his soul.

I choose to believe this post's structure is intentionally mirroring Warframe's. It is art.

Khorne posted:

So it's a pretty neat game to play, take a break from, and come back to play more.

This is easily Warframe's strongest point, far more than anything else. It is popcorn shootmans video gaming and I love that.

That said if they ever gate Cyath etc, or if they make something actually important as hard to grind out as shotgun poison, this game will die within days.

vvv I meant it in a "this has issues, but you still get the point" sort of way. Despite Warframe's problems it still works, just as everyone would be able to understand what you posted. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to be so insulting.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 3, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I could list a few games I've sunk hundreds of hours into, but I could also give you more than a dozen lovely asian MMO's that I sunk thousands of hours into... if only I could remember their names. :v:

edit: ^^ That a reviewer doesn't write as an obsessed fan would ought to be a point in their favor :psyduck:

Denzine fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Blocking makes you wave your melee around like a dumbass until you don't take fire for ~2 seconds and it can't be stopped by releasing Block and you can't do anything while the animation is playing.

I wouldn't have noticed this if I hadn't tried to interrupt my reload in a firefight, after which I was worthless for about 10 seconds.