Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's weird how Mag is the smallest and most plane warframe but also gets the weirdest hats.

I want to know what she listens to with the Gauss helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why have I never tried putting a vortex on a wall above a crowded doorway before?

It's magical.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Warframe (PC/PS4): oh poo poo i accidentally parkour

Wish I had screened this.

quote:

Don't spend platinum on anything, unless you're forced. The game doesn't get TOO much different from the first planet, so there's no point in spending cash if you aren't going to like the game. That said, if you do spend it on anything, spend it it on either a type of potato with reactors for your frame being more fun, but catalysts for a gun you like being more rewarding in the long run, or slots for more weapons/warframes. I think I ground out four or five warframes and up to mastery 4 or 5 before I decided to go ahead and spend platinum. I could have kept going by just selling unused/disliked weapons and hoping for potato alerts.

Honestly I do think it gets pretty different the further you go. It starts super super slow compared to what you can do later. If you hate every fiber of the game then you won't magically start to love it if you just get to a certain point, but I definitely think it gets a lot better if you can just get past the first boring grind with your first warframe. Once I was launching myself on bounce pads firing puncture rockets at hordes of hapless infested below me and breaking the sound barrier with zorencopter and volt speed (still voting to rename that ability Turbo Fancy) it really stood out to me how different the game felt from slowly picking away at space orcs with the Mk1 Braton.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vauban Chassis is on Saturn for another 13 minutes or so.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Recent discovery: Don't sell parts for things you're currently building in the foundry. I was making a Mag Prime and sold my extra components since I figured the game would actually subtract the ones you used to build from your inventory, and now she's completely disappeared from my foundry.

Why would the game let you do this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Feenix posted:

Is there a way to tell stat comparisons or whatever? Like there's this Cronus Blade I can build now, but I have NO idea if its worth 12 hours and 15,000 credits plus valuable parts.

How do I know if it's better than my default Skana sword?

You usually have to look this up on the wiki unfortunately. In the case of the Cronus you should just sell the blueprint for money and save up for Dual Heat Swords instead, they're a much better melee weapon that can last you for a while.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

It's even weirder than you think. I did the same thing, but when I got a new BP, the item showed up as finished in the Foundry. I think it actually uses your components, but the BP sticks around because you need it to claim your ticket. If you can, try getting a new BP before anything else, and then check if it's still building/done in the Foundry.

I wish I had tried to do this instead of bothering support. They were super fast and nice and gave me back the parts I sold though so it's all good.

quote:

Glad I looked at the OP before using my Bundlestars 170 plat. Managed to net two warframe slots, four weapon slots, classic saturated paint, and the Carrier sentinel (god he's so nice to have, at least early on. I don't need to worry about melee enemies sneaking up on me since he just stuns the grineer sawer/corpus taser when they do).

I put a catalyst on Patriot Potato's weapon and it's kind of disturbing how powerful it is. Anytime a couple enemies sneak up while I'm sniping or get too close to shoot with a rocket, he just shreds them. And the vacuum ability is always useful. It's a great sentinel.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wow I think I'll start finally using those preset buttons for mod setups after this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lawlicaust posted:

If only I had skill mods for any of the frames that I have the blueprints for.

When you build a warframe you get all 4 of its skill mods automatically so you always have them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Looking at that some more, that "5% status" thing could mean that rapidfire weapons will be a lot better at doing status effects so if they adjust those numbers for every weapon then underpowered things like the Grakata could actually have a use (provided they don't give the Soma the same number so it continues to be better at absolutely everything). On the other hand it could end up making sniper rifles even more useless if they will have status chances like 5%.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coldbird posted:

Carrier. You cannot go wrong with Carrier.

edit: Might also want to note, I'm pretty sure Loki's invisibility doesn't affect his sentinel (?) so be prepared to lose any sentinel a lot when playing Loki.

It will also get blown up any time you use absorb as Nyx which sucks because I just tried getting the minimum duration possible on it by using Fleeting Expertise, and it's pretty amazing. If I can survive long enough to get into the middle of a group then it's gone.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

There was a period where he could show up in the tutorial. WELCOME TO WARFRAME :unsmigghh:

xXdarknappa420Xx, you cannot escape from your past.

The murder of DEFAULT_BOSS_NAME_STRING will not go unpunished!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They are alert rewards every now and then.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I think duration is the most important thing on Trinity. DE changed energy vampire in a weird way that makes duration actually hurt it, but it can give you 20-30 seconds of blessing which is pretty awesome all around. I just press 4 and then start flailing around all over the place, shooting rockets at my feet. Every now and then I explode into tiny pieces because I'm not sure exactly when blessing runs out but that's just part of the trinity experience.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It looks like there's achievements for getting up to mastery rank 27. :frog:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really like the look of some of those changes, like making the camera not react to other players and changing the stun mods to be proc mods.

Feenix posted:

And then after having all 3 it's just a matter of having someone help me get a control module or whatever? Right away? Or do I have to reach a specific map?

You need to have the resources to make each part, which you then use in the complete Rhino blueprint, which you get from the market. Unfortunately those resources come from all over the place so it will be quite awhile before you have another character unless you can get people to help you the whole way. It took me over 40 hours to get my second character.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You can do a badass little vault thing over small barriers that wasn't in the patch notes!

There's also scopes on snipers now.

Lanka:

Vulkar:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Denzine posted:

edit: OH YEAH GUYS I ALMOST FORGOT Blessing has a loving damage cap now, making it largely loving worthless.

If I can't shoot rockets at my feet then I'm done with trinity forever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There's an Orokin Catalyst alert on Mercury for about 100 minutes! Everyone should get it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really have no idea how this new damage works. I'm enjoying the update a lot but I don't know what to expect from anything. Nothing seems to do the amount of damage it says so I think enemies have a bunch of hidden resistances and stuff, and I can't figure out how to be able to shoot Corpus helmets anymore (even weapons with more puncture damage than any other kinds and a +puncture mod just bounce off).

Every now and then when my Carrier shoots something there's a loud TONK sound and a yellow outline appears around the enemy but unless this is the puncture weakening effect I don't know what it's supposed to be. I haven't noticed my other weapons doing special effects but I guess they all have pretty low chances.

I'm hoping that scanning an enemy to max will give some info about its resistances and weak spots so I can figure some of this out. You can scan Corpus really easily on these event missions because they don't attack you.

edit: The Ogris still blows up both enemies and myself so I'm not in much of a hurry here

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

On Nyx I actually like to get the minimum duration possible by using Fleeting Expertise because it means your Absorb will blow up after something like two seconds. You can just jump into the middle of a bunch of enemies and explode them all. Your sentinel will die all the time and you sometimes just fall over dead after absorb ends because it's buggy or something, but these are sacrifices you need to be willing to make to play as a walking bomb.

amuayse posted:

Thanks for that. Also, which Warframe has the highest DPS abilties and butt?

Nekros' butt is basically just a pelvis so you can't get much buttier than that. Questionable DPS though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

LOOK AT THAT FISH

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is there a fast way to get capture void keys besides just random defense maps? It sounds like all of Ember Prime's parts drop from void capture now but I'm not getting anything reliable from defense rewards.

Schubalts posted:

Also, the Stalker is a lot stronger than he used to be and has some new abilities.

He seems pretty stupid now honestly. Every time I've seen him he's one-shotted everyone in about five seconds because basically all your powers don't work against him anymore, he's super fast and his bow does hundreds of damage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Presumably, he can still be defeated by two crates stacked on top of each other.

He'll just kill you in one shot with his bow if you try this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

PrinnySquadron posted:

Did Ember get buffed with the release of EMber Prime? I've been out of the game for a bit and remember people saying she was rather weak.

No, but a month or two ago she got nerfed for some reason.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Has anyone seen if that screenshot option works for Steam screenshots too? Those are all I use. I also wish they would just add a button to toggle the HUD since there's an option for it but you have to go into the options menu to get to it. This game's graphics are so nice but the ugly HUD gets in the way a lot of the time.

Also if anyone is stuck on the mastery rank 9 test, I was kinda amused to find that you can use psychic bolts to instakill all the enemies from range and it's silent so they'll never detect you.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

I seem to recall DE mentioning that it's going to be replaced with something else. I tend to avoid them wherever I can, personally.

I think either Sabotage or Deception was the one they were planning to replace, since they're basically the same thing. I really wish Rescue would go too though.

The tower 3 capture targets are a little ridiculous. One of them glitched out or something so he wouldn't run away, but he took about 30 shots to die from Lanka with a radiation damage listed at about 1300. He was the Corpus one too so shooting him in the head did way less damage and bodyshots were the only solution.

Now that I think about it, I have absolutely no idea how this new damage works in general. My Ogris rockets sometimes kill groups of enemies in one shot, and then they start taking off tiny slivers of a corrupted crewman's shields. Randomly one of these rockets will suddenly kill him, no matter how much health he had left. I guess blast damage is bad against shields? But I see this weird variation on other enemies too sometimes. Pulling the trigger on anything now feels like pulling the lever on a tiny slot machine.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 23, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Have there been any non-credit rewards for the event besides that Gallium one? I think I missed one of the levels.

amuayse posted:

I made my first weapon from scratch! Makes me happy in the same way finding my first artifact in STALKER was.

And if it was a bad weapon you'll even get the same experience of realizing that the STALKER artifact gives you radiation poisoning after you put it on!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

E: For an aspect of the game that's NOT so dire, we did devise an improvised gamemode!

While running some T1 Caps, I spammed a bunch of wormholes into the exit room door and announced "SOLVE MY MAZE TO SAVE YOUR FRIENDS".
At which point Vauban Bouncepads to my face were threatened. And followed up on!

Thus, Vauban dodgeball was born!

The team goes through the mission accomplishing objectives as normal, but the target evades Vaubans (and Vauban-allied Lokis) who are trying to plaster them with as many bounce pads as humanly possible.
Strategies as the target: DZoren, Wormhole, skipping enemies for Vaubans to fight through, setting off traps for Vaubans to deal with, taking down the Capture Target but leaving him behind for the Vaubans to pick up.

I forgot to equip my zorens which explains why I could never keep up. But next time...Pink Vauban evolves.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 24, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

So, in addition to attaining apotheosis, we see to have broken the dueling room and created a Crisis Across Infinite Dojos situation, inexplicably creating Dojo instances where everyone sees the fish spin. In addition to Dojo Prime, the tels-Lavan and Gestalt-Meckell realities appear to be semi-stable.

Research into breaching between these parallel dojos via fish portals is currently underway.

guys I've seen things

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's the level range of the enemies. Since enemy levels were recently changed, nobody is quite sure what that means right now though.

Also I recommend everyone stay out of the dojo right now. It's getting a little unsettling in there

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 25, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Actually probably going to do Amphis since I've already got the pattern and the Zorens don't look all that good. Either way I get to be a unique snowflake because I never see those weapons being used.

You don't hit things with the zorens, you use them to defy physics and laugh at the world.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

How long do you want to dick around in each area before moving onto the next? I've finished Mercury and have the first Venus mission unlocked, but got completely wrecked when I tried it. My Excalibur's currently Rank 9, and my weapons range from ranks 5-8.

When I started I was able to go straight to Venus but that was during a double affinity weekend and I also got lucky with some mods. The balance probably got screwed up for new players since everything about damage was just changed. I would save up to buy a regular Braton first, and then try to get the Serration and Redirection mods. You'll be able to deal and take a lot more damage if you have those and upgrade them.

Also definitely don't try to play solo if you're doing that, it kinda makes the game fall apart a little. Just playing with randoms will probably be a lot easier, or much better would be to ask goons to join you.

ZeusCannon posted:

Finally d/l'd the game this week after wanting to try it for a while. Very enjoyable so far even though I'm just in the beginning stages. Hoping to play with some goons soon I applied to the clan is there a steam group or anything?

We don't have a steam group because we just do everything using the ingame clan chat and you can't connect to games through steam anyway. But I guess a steam group would be handy for posting when people will be playing/doing void levels/etc from outside the game.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 26, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

I've been playing with pubbies, which has been hit or miss, but pretty okay for the most part. I've already got my Braton, so I guess I have to transmute to get the mods since they drop off higher-level stuff? Or trading's an option, I guess.

You should be able to get them from early on, although since the way mods drop was also recently changed, that might be harder now. Either way I can give you a Serration and Redirection and a few other mods that will probably help (I'm sure other clan members can help you too if I'm not online)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Wait, there's actually lore to this game? :psyduck:

It's being kinda generous to say that there is.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

barren_sky posted:

I've been grinding a bit to find my first Morphic in order to construct my Clan Key, but no luck so far. I saw while looking at the wiki that its possible to just buy one, which I would do if I could figure out where to buy them on the PS4 version. Any hints?

You can get resources from the market but they cost platinum so you should never ever ever do it. Unless something changed, you should be able to get them from the first boss. If not then play Defense or Survival on a planet that has morphics and you should get at least one in a game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tenno just want some greedy milk.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It would be enough just to mimic EYE's wonderful dialogue.

"Ohhhh...I'm shivering...a hobo is threatening to kill me..."
"gently caress you! You're the hobo!"

Truly the Shakespeare of videogame writing.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 29, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

In the half pipe room there are also two globes on the ceiling that contain pots and a pressure plate in the middle that opens them for a limited time, so you can shoot the pots to make the loot fall out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

So am I correct in understanding in order to cook the Nekros, what is currently considered the absolute worst warframe in the game by a wide margin, it is necessary to first farm nav coordinates to forge a key to a special orokin void, and then in those special orokin voids farm special nav coordinates to forge a special special orokin void key, and then run those special special orokin voids and defeat the boss (which is nearly impossible to do solo) to farm the component blueprints?

Why?

DE likes making every new thing they add fancier and more needlessly complicated to get, which I guess might be exciting for long-time players who have nothing better to do by now, but really all it does is make everything inconsistent and impossible to understand for everyone who didn't happen to be playing at the time.

You'd think they would have learned their lesson now that this has resulted in a five-step process to get the worst character in the game but nope