Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
There's a stream up right now. http://www.twitch.tv/warframe#/w/7506991104
They just showed some whip tenno animations

Edit: Corpus Gas tileset has a new "most hated enemy ever"

Edit2: A lot of enemies have been give shields and had their armour removed.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Kokoro Wish posted:

Ember is ripped as hell, an Nyx is pretty drat solid too. Saryn is just a huge meat-and-bone-tank and Nova's like this little, pudgy looking thing. Trinity looks pretty great in her armour skirt thing. Mag is only the really non-descript one.

And Banshee, well, she's just weird.

It's weird how Mag is the smallest and most plane warframe but also gets the weirdest hats.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Serpentis posted:

On the other end of the scale, actually managing to get through a half-hour survival mission (mostly the three who came along with me, it has to be said, thanks for carrying me ;)) is fantastically cathartic.

Question: Just got the Vectis and Obex out of the foundry. Are they worth potatoing or are they just more mastery trash?

Maybe the Vectis but I wouldn't bother wasting a potato on a melee weapon. I do really like the Obex though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Neurolimal posted:

I know this was from page one, but I wanted to use it as a springboard for a gripe of mine: I really don't like how most of the female warframes look.

This isn't specifically a social justice-ish issue either, I just feel that they're a lot less focused in their designs than most of the male warframes (like Loki, who is crazy focused in his design and imitation of ninja garments down to the organic Gi, or Excalibur and his fencing suit, or Frost's thick nobleman-esque jacket that's fitting for a heavy spellcaster), and are mostly just "Muscular Naked Lady with weirder head/fur mane/claws/etc." (though I do appreciate that they actually do have some visible muscle in their weird moldy ninja getup, big step up from most games.)

Saryn is probably the most focused of them though, and I definitely dig the weird pustule-covered gauntlets, and Mag is a close second.

Banshee and Nova have pretty good designs IMO. Banshee has a ton of sound waves everywhere and Nova's cracked porcelain look is pretty appropriate.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Dapper Man posted:

How do Tenno poop?

Switch teleport is pretty handy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Epsilon Plus posted:

As someone who's worn a full fencing outfit at least once in his life: how do you figure on Excalibur?

Probably because of the default white colours and the mostly smooth armour. I generally like all the Warframe designs. There might be one or two details I don't like (Banshee's shoes, Trinity's back thingies, Nova's bell-bottom high heels) but the game has a really great art style overall.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Getting Thunderbolt has made Dread completely worth it :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Crowbear posted:

Hey guys, I'm still super new at the game but I'm running the PS4 dojo right now, so I'm looking for some advice.

I've got a reactor and a shadow(??) barracks building right now, and I'm wondering what I should focus on building next. Should I go straight to setting up some labs for research? Or is something else worth prioritizing?

Labs and clan membership (and the trading post when that's implemented) are the only things with tangible and useful effects. Everything else is just for fun.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Radioactive Ignis, here I come.

Edit: We also have a reason to slot things other than damage now too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Dapper Man posted:

I think they went through 4 pitcher of beer during the last livestream.

I'm more stoked for that map than I should be. I'm always getting lost.

Having been to London Ontario, I totally understand why they would spend most of their time drinking.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I thought her second was a team armour/spped buff and her third was an enemy debuff. I hope that she is good. I really like her design.

I also can't wait for armour/damage 2.0. Last stream they said that a very large number of enemies have had their armour completely or mostly removed and replaced by shields. Hopefully that will make the shield focused elements useful.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

bald and fail II posted:

Ok so it looks like it might be possible to get to rank 8 with the controller. As they added an option where you dont have to hold jump whilst wallrunning. But you still need to tap jump when making contact with the wall after the initial jump, I wish i'd figured this out before loving up the mastery test again. :downs:

Also I feel like going back to use trinity again but my mod loadout looks like poo poo, whats best to slot? Duration and range? Power strength?

Duration means that Trinity can basically be invincible for long periods of time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
A friend of mine bought Valkyr outright last night and I gotta say that I'm jealous. She looks cool and her grapple looks really fun. I can't wait until we can fight Alad. Is experiance still borked?

I also have Nyx coming out of the oven today. Does she have any "must have" mods? She seems like a neato frame overall.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I've been getting 1000 damage crits with my magnetic Dread :stare:

Also, is it just me or is the event really easy this time around? The levels are nice and short at the very least.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Ularg posted:

I broke down and bought a sentinel with my PS+ bonus platinum. How could I not love a flying squash?

Assuming that Sentinels aren't ridiculously expensive on the PS4 they're a good plat investment, relatively speaking.

amuayse posted:

Thanks for that. Also, which Warframe has the highest DPS abilties and butt?

Rhino for both, obviously.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Edit: Whoops

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
You can scan Nekros' zombies

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Twice today I've been doing a capture mission and get the first target just fine, but the second one gets away and I can't find him anywhere. There's no marker on the map, and the level design in this game isn't really conducive to going and playing hide-and-seek. I had to quit out and lose all the goodies I had picked up because I couldn't finish the goddamn level. I've been having fun but gently caress this is frustrating.

Capture missions should only have a single dude to suck into your space-USB.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Yaos posted:

The Stalker is a big jerk. I'm still hanging around in Venus and the jerk shows up and one shots me with his bow. :argh:

I haven't been able to kill him for a while now when he's targeting me. Good thing I already have his weapons :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Chomp8645 posted:

Super noob question: how does one acquire special crafting materials for stuff likes suits and guns? Like, to build a waframe I need the chassis and helm or whatever, or for that first gun blueprint you need two specific gun parts.

How are these items acquired? Do I need to do/go somewhere specific or are they just random drops?

The warframe Chassis, Systems and Helmet are blueprints dropped by bosses in Assassination missions. Each boss drops a specific warframe's parts. The Seer pistol requires a barrel and receiver. These are dropped fully build by Vor. There are other weapons that have similar requirements and their parts are always fully built. It's just a matter of collecting them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

MrDude posted:

I've been playing a few days, but I seem to have hit a brick wall with Jupiter - can I not progress until this Alad V event thing is over? I did both of the current event things (where you teleport between ships) five times so I can get the reward, but the missions after that didn't open up. It let me skip a few to do the second Alad V one, but I can't do any of the adjacent ones still. Sucks 'cause I think I want to aim for Volt, and I'm blocked off from the Golem.

You should ask a goon to bring you along for a Golem run. That would permanently unlock the mission for you.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone who is familiar with the Vauban warframe, is there any reason to use anything other than Vortex? It does a shitload of damage and seems to be better at controlling mobs than bastille. The tesla grenade seems pretty underwhelming and bounce seems pretty gimmicky.

Just wondering if I'm discounting tesla and bastille too early and if there are some scenario's I'm not thinking about. Regardless the frame is worth it just for how awesome vortex is.

Tesla is actually really goddamn strong right now. You can toss out dozens and just wreck everyone forever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Pierson posted:

I was just wondering if this was a way to get that Corpus handcannon from the last event and I missed the announcement, but I guess not, what a shame. :(

IIRC they've said that all the event weapons and mods will eventually be available through normal play.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Detron and Prova Vandal will involved in the later stages of this event somehow though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Schubalts posted:

The Grakata seems to be a status effect gun, now.

I've finally decided to finish levelling mine and this is pretty true. It hurts that it still has bad damage but at least you're guaranteed to get frequent procs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm going to start playing this on PC again in anticipation of the PS4 clone tool showing up. Right now I'm trying to farm up Ash and playing around with that some. I've not heard much chatter on him, is he any good? I've got the patch downloading now, but if I remember correctly, I'm right about mastery level 4 nearing 5 and working on farming up the mats needed to make the ash parts.

Also been thinking if I have time to try and make a tankier frame like Saryn or Frost. Are there any suggestions for gearing one out?

As someone who has Ash and Saryn, they are both fine choices. Ash has a kinda weird powerset but Smokebomb is a great panic button and pairs well with a Galatine or other high damage melee. Bladestorm is a bit slow but is a decent room clearer that makes you invincible for its duration. Shurikin is one of the better 1 powers because it has a short casting time and does good damage.

Saryn is really good but Venom and Contagion are bad, bad powers. Molt and Miasma are pretty good though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I wish that some of modifiers were additive stats, rather than multiplicative because it would be really nice to have a +15% bonus to procs, rather than the current ~2% you get from Status mods.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Male Man posted:

Stalker has absorb now? What a dick.

Absorb saved me last time I fought the Stalker. Their absorb ended before mine :smuggo:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Alad V seems really, really talkative.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Speaking of Volt, is the wiki right about him becoming the second Alert only frame?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

RADmadness posted:

Has anyone managed to kill the Stalker since update 11?

Once upon a time you could do it without cheesing (Orokin void seems to be missing tall crates) but now I find it literally impossible. The fucker killed me from full health and shields during a Rhino charge. Must have been in his range for less than 0.2 seconds and he just 1 shots me as I fly past. Any other time he's showed up it's been against a pubbie and they decided to stick around and fight so those weren't fruitful either.

I was only able to kill him by popping my ridiculously long-lasting and otherwise useless Absorb while my teammates just pumped shots into him.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

amuayse posted:

So Tenno are just biologically/mechanically augmented Orokin humans?

Excaliber's entry gives something of an answer, assuming the Orokin were humans.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

amuayse posted:

So from what I read of the descriptions and fluff, I'm wondering why the Tenno and Corpus team up with each other so much.

Corpus are entirely driven by profits. They're probably slightly easier to work with then the genocidal clones or the horrible mutants. They also seem to be the most "human" of the enemies and Tenno seem like they might have a "friend to all humans" thing going on.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

amuayse posted:

Oh wait, I read that as EVE for a sec. Yes, this game really does remind me of EYE, especially the Japanese aesthetic like the Jian. Thankfully, Tenno aren't as hilarious rude and insane as the EYE agents. If the Gates and Dragon powers were added to Warframe, that would make me very happy. Warframes that resemble the Culter Dei armor would be awesome as well.

I want a frame that explodes werewolves out of my foes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Murodese posted:

Are Kunai etc recommended even for Excalibur frames?

All of the throwing secondaries are good on every frame.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Devor posted:

So, what am I supposed to do with my duplicate mods? I've started to accumulate a fair number now.

You can either fuse them into other mods or trade them to schlubs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Broniki posted:

I don't see a lot of people in this game, is it very active? I disabled the ping limit but it's still pretty tough to find teams for a lot of missions.

It's becoming a pain trying to access some of the outer planets because I can't find people to help me clear the intermediate ones (especially Neptune which is a dead zone). I'm considering attempting them solo.

It's pretty active but some of the outer planets have few people running anything other than the system boss.

Edit: Nekros Chat: Terrify should last long spread, from enemy to enemy, and make them cower in fear, Desecrate should explode corpses and Soul Punch should have its damage upped.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 2, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Kokoro Wish posted:

I just slot the Equalibrium mod. So much energy drops during a level that I can keep health topped up pretty well with just that, and easily be back up to full heath after a Hysteria induced slaughter.

Too bad Rejuvenation and Energy Siphon aren't affected by Equilibrium.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Did you finally snap or something Denzine?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Broniki posted:

Jackal tricked me into thinking the bosses would be more interesting than they were. I haven't explored all the planets, but most of them seem to be regular enemies with more health/armor. I agree that the game feels a lot like PSO, but the boss battles are one of the many places where Warframe falls short in comparison.

They've slowly been revamping the various bosses so that they're more than a big version of a regular dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/143351-update-1120/

quote:

Changes:
Warframe Armor Buff across the board: All Warframes have received a buff to their Armor stat.

Ash: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Banshee: Buffed to 15 (from 10).
Ember: Buffed to 15, (from 10).
Excalibur: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Frost: Buffed to 190, (from 150).
Loki: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Mag: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Nekros: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Nova: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Nyx: Buffed to 15 (from 10).
Rhino: Buffed to 190, (from 150).
Saryn: Buffed to 155, (from 125).
Trinity: Buffed to 15 (from 10).
Valkyr: Buffed to 300 (from 200).
Vauban: Buffed to 50, (from 40).
Volt: Buffed to 15 (from 10).

Incoming private messages will now also be shown in Clan chat when in-game.
Changed Banshee Alt Helmet Alerts to include style type, “Reverb” or “Chorus”.
We now display active Alerts whether or not the planet has been unlocked to improve awareness.
Changed mouse-scroll only occurring in the Social Menu if your mouse is hovering over said Menu.
Changes to Trading confirmation pop-ups:
- We now show rarity of Mods as well as Rank, to prevent “Fusion Core Fraud”.
- More visibility to the items involved in the trade to increase awareness at every step of the trade.
- Switched order of getting/giving for the trade accept confirmation, to be consistent with the new offer confirmation. What you are giving is always first, what you are getting is second (matches the slots as well, giving on top, getting on the bottom)
- Tweaked Radiation Proc to not last as long on players and is more obvious when active.

Fixes:
Fixed issues with End of Mission XP numbers in the UI showing a lower amount than what was being received. Players were seeing less XP in the UI than they were actually receiving in the Database! For example, you may have finished a mission with Nekros receiving 28,000 XP in the GAME UI, but in the Database you were actually getting 54,000 XP.
Fixed Tutorial not being replayable.
Fixed Captain Vor becoming unkillable and not doing anything when affected by his viral proc. His viral proc now does viral DOT instead of the default max health reduction effect.
Fixed issue that would visually skew Dojo Costs if you visited another clan’s Dojo in a higher tier.
Fixed selections made in Arsenal prior to missions starting not saving after the mission is complete and you return to your Arsenal.
Fixed bolt type projectiles not always causing enemies to ragdoll on death (and thus not pinning them).
Fixed Kick/Punch style weapons not ragdolling enemies with charge attacks.
Fixed Steam Acheivements for Play Time not being updated Retroactively – visit your Profile while playing through Steam to activate.
Fixed Desecrate not working on Crawlers.
Fixed script error in Trinity's Well of Life that would cause power-in-use bug.
Fixed script error in Valkyr's Rip Line ability that would cause power-in-use bug.
Fixed News & Alerts panel breaking when more than 3 news entries exist.
Fixed issues with dead Grineer’s helmets floating and staying around.
Fixed for being able to collect items multiple times from the Resource Drones/Extractors.
Fixed Zanuka trying to revive Alad V after he is truly dead and gone.
Fixed issue where Arsenal would become inaccessible at times (greyed out).
Fixed Valkyr's Rip Line being usable on downed players.
Fixed switching to main weapon when picking up a datamass with the codex scanner equipped.
Fixed Nyx and Valkyr being vulnerable to Procs from Disruptor and others when Absorb or Hysteria are active.
Fixed Nekros Shroud Helmet Alert giving Raknis, a 12 hour Shroud Alert is coming shortly.
Fixed issue with objective marker breaking in the Gas Cities tile set.
Fixed laser doors not knocking you down, potentially fixes inability to melee after knockdown.
Fixed Syandana’s PhysX not functioning properly when fighting Mine Ospreys.