Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Spanish Matlock posted:

As someone who just bought Khora, what is the nerf?

Whipclaw checks line of sight now, per patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Johnny Joestar posted:

oh, that's literally nothing lmao

Agreed. The reason everyone on the forums/etc is complaining is because it means they actually have to, like... move around, and look around, to farm with Khora. Like every other frame. There are some minor issues with weird collision but it's mostly just "my farming bot got taken away".

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Pipski posted:

I wish they'd change iso vaults to just automatically prompt you to start the next one, or at least prevent you from accidentally restarting one that's already been cleared. But then, I wish lots of things.

I'd at least like them to not make the next vault only show up at one unmarked Mother location. But either of yours would be a big help too.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

Eh? My experience is that you get to choose the order you do them in as long as you know where the mother start points are.

Yeah, the issue I'd like to see get fixed is that which one is which isn't marked anywhere. (also pretty sure they have to be done in order? may have changed, I haven't done them for a couple weeks)

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Apparently Steel Path planet completion now rewards 25 SE instead of 2, and they're working on a script for people who already completed it (per Marcus).

Cool.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

slow_twitch posted:

Obviously happy for this but what a lol..

Sign in and get an extra 437 SE

I mostly didn't bother with SP since it's not my idea of fun at all, but I think the payout from what I did is enough to cover the operator armor so I never have to touch the mode again. Thanks, DE!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

I checked out my profile for what I'm missing for mastery and the fortuna kitgun chambers are greyed out again. Do I have to level a second set of chambers and master them twice for the primaries?
It's a UI bug, they only count once last I checked.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

gnoma posted:

Otherwise strong weapons like Exergis or Heavy Attack Scythes get turned into mk1-bratons with no communication to the player about what's going on.

And it's not even consistent that way, seeing how absurd heavy attack Stropha is on them. Still high crit but near nonexistent rate of fire, it just manages to brute force through the DR.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

BMan posted:

Tonkor is bad because it has a 3.17 fire rate but only one shot

99% of the time the fire rate is useless, but I did make the amusing discovery of infinite ammo fissure effects interacting with the Kuva Tonkor very well. I imagine the same Energized Munitions combo that gets me an 8 shot Exergis would work well with the Tonkor (if sufficient magazine mods exist, I don't think they do without multiple slots; even 4 is plenty though).

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Victory Position posted:

It works extremely well with the Kuva Ogris and works phenomenally with Rubico Prime, making it an actual gun :toot:

edit: that being said, I'm sure you could do something really stupid with Energized Munitions and a kitted-out Secura Penta/Prisma Angstrum.

The Penta would run into the projectile limit fast. I don't think this would be effective.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Interestingly, noticed last night that Lavos shows up in the Mend the Family prompts as the namesake of one of the "tinctures" you can get (which, like all the others, are grossly overpriced for what you get). Considering the compressed timeline to get him released and the ongoing Deimos expansion focus, odds on a Baruuk situation where he's a rep buy from the Entrati with some annoying resource gate?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Prop Wash posted:

that Monday stream is RIGHT NOWaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rip too late to get this part. Is the Braton Vandal even any good? I've got the Prime and was deeply unimpressed, only still have it because I don't junk primes.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

New Baro mods. Not guaranteed for this visit but usually new mods come within one or two rotations.

+66% self stagger radius

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Gotta get past the login count first.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

RIP double stacked Fulmination, 12/4 - 12/4

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I hope eventually we can get a -power strength mod over 30% that's not Overextended. Nova would be happy. Sure, Power Donation + Overextended is fast, but I also like my null star tanking, thanks.

Come to think of it, are there any other important "missing" mods?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Guilty posted:

Null star damage reduction scales off of duration, not power strength. Check your build that you have max duration if your null star isn't making you tanky

OE boosts range, which makes my stars fly off. Running right around 250% duration. My slowva has 34% range and the stars stick forever, but OE forces longer range so the stars start flying off at the stairs of the Hydron platform from on top of the cryopod.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I do run it. Good luck when you get paired up with 3 Brammas/Saryns/anything that kills faster than the glacially slow wave moves. It works with Mirage though, so I just only ever bring her out when my friend is running Mirage and otherwise pretend she doesn't exist.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

Arcana is in ps4 cert! Looks like I'll be blowing a lot of plat on fashion this patch.

Anything I should know about the new content?

Bonewidow is hot garbage. Proboscis Cernos and Bubonico are great. Infested kitguns are a mixed bag, Sporelacer chamber is very good. I haven't touched the new bounties at all because of the gate they're behind. Mend the Family is horribly overpriced and I wouldn't use it. Uh... That covers most of it, I think.

Oh, and the Gara Deluxe is misleading in its preview, with the glass off during her 2 it looks much worse.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Not difficult, just time consuming. As of Arcana's release (I'm not sure how console update schedules work, but PC hasn't been changed yet last I checked) the new vault bounties were locked behind unlocking the vaults of the same tier. So if you wanted to run a single tier 3 new vault bounty, you had to go through all 3 regular vaults, then queue up for the new bounty with no matchmaking, and hope nobody drops/disconnects/gets stuck in the still buggy map geometry with holes in it/suffers host migration and wipes drops, because you're in a solid block of missions and can't save a single drop until you wrap up everything. Extract to save your drops and you have to repeat the whole thing.

This is getting changed, but like I said, I haven't seen the actual change go through yet. I haven't been paying super close attention though since I already wrote them off.

e: the Gara skin with and without glass

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I ended up just picking them up off wfmarket since I kept losing parts to map holes and host migrations. Then a week or so later they revealed the new, second gun using them. I'm just not touching Deimos any more for a while. I can go finish Plains and VS if I really want to do open world.
Though Plains is still garbage.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

It's not even "finding a way"; they already do it for relics, it's enabled for cracked relic parts and nothing else. It's not quite "just flip a switch and it's fixed" but it's as close as you can get in game development.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Lost the drive to work on much of anything in Warframe. Slowly pushing my way up Cetus, and... that's about it for now. I dunno, lost the thread of progress I guess.
Will probably get the next prime unvault when they come out (haven't gotten regular Mirage and tossed my Banshee in Helminth) and then do about the same.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Don't you still have to build all the kitguns with Zuud anyway? Who thought 25 Grandmother tokens (25000 of the hardest standing to farm) was even a good idea when there's already an easy 5k (slightly more with debt bonds, 7k?) standing method?

e: other game terminology on my mind oops

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

copy posted:

I think gma tokens are 3k each, so actually 75k worth of rep if that's right. I would say, though, that getting 25 grandma tokens can actually be more annoying than getting 75k rep depending on how much time one has to spend looking at what she is willing to trade for them and how willing one is to grind non-mom tokens.

We were both wrong, gma tokens cost 1k each but are worth 1.5k. 37.5k standing. Still absurd!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Also, new Corpus Lich weapons were datamined.

quote:

BE Ferrox vs Ferrox
Charged Shot:
• 2% more crit chance
• .2x more crit damage
• .17 more firerate
• 10 more rounds per magazine
• 15% more status chance
• 90 less damage
AoE on charged attack:
• .4 m more range
• 140 more damage

BE Tetra vs Tetra:
• 20% more crit chance
• .5x more crit damage
• 1.67 less firerate
• .2s longer reload
• 10% more status
• 46 more damage
• Damage changed from Puncture/Impact to Puncture/Impact/Slash

BE Arca Plasmor vs Arca Plasmor:
• .4x more crit damage
• 8m-16m more falloff range
• .1 less firerate
• Infinite punch through instead of 3m punch through
• .2s slower reload
• 6% more status
• 400 more damage

BE Cycron vs Cycron:
• 8% more crit chance
• .2x more crit damage
• 10% more status chance
• 7 more damage, damage changed from Puncture/Slash/Radiation to pure Heat

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

smallmouth posted:

Happy about the plasmor—hopefully it will be fun. I was hoping for the battacor too.

Well, this is only four so far. Liches got what, 16 weapons total, 4 or 5 of which were new? Still plenty of room.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

The entire Entrati family make me want to turn my audio off.
On the kitgun and Father note: Sporelacer is great, Vermisplicer... exists, one of the Macro loaders has the highest magazine capacity. Is there any reason to care about the grips at all, or the lower capacity loaders?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Yeah, everything mixes. I'm using a Sporelacer Haymaker Splat.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

You really, really don't want -range on the Vermisplicer. It's nearly a melee weapon as it is. Not much helpful outside that in terms of advice though.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I have but two questions to pose to DE:
Which member of the dev team was traumatized on a hunting trip as a child and decided (daytime, especially) conservation needed to be an exercise in spite?
What joy does it bring to have random Grineer patrols and turrets shoot at my Archwing every 5 seconds?

One more day of standing and I'm R5 with Cetus and can never look at this place again (until I need to finish Quills, which will be "never").

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Following up on the kitgun discussion, built a Vermisplicer-Shrewd-Ramflare to see if it really works as a CO primer (or a status gun in general). Predicted stats are... not terribly impressive. Crack 100% status chance, but even going full (non-critical) damage and minimum range it's got 15k or less sustained DPS, and built for real-world use it's around 13k. The Kuva Nukor is an unfair comparison, maybe, but even a rivenless Atomos does far more damage and more reliably chains (I was having difficulty getting more than two jumps out of the alleged four Vermi can do). It does win out in the actual proc application (3 higher fire rate and, as mentioned, over 100% SC), but not reliably enough or sufficiently powerfully for me to give up a primary slot and three forma to make it happen.
Maybe the secondary is better, or maybe it just needs to be built for its mediocre crit.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Zibidibodel posted:

In my primary build it has I think 98.5% crit.

Haymaker with Vermisplicer effectively makes it a melee weapon only though, -range is really rough on it.

Built for crit from the components up I'm sure it would be better, though it's still in "why bother" territory as a gun. I wish status was good for anything but viral stacks and CO priming. Even slash status is done better by crit guns.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Update from DE_Marcus on the 25 Grandmother token gilding.

quote:

This is totally wrong - expect a script and fix on all platforms today (hopefully - that's the plan)! It will change to the intended 25 Father Tokens.

So now Deimos will be cheaper... if you're willing to deal with the token system. I'll still use Fortuna, I think.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 11, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

oooof. Spending an hour in deimos not to get a single thing I needed is a bad bad feeling

That's the way it is. I'm just shelving the whole area. Got everything I wanted out of it except the Trumna (no mechs, no K-drive, no pets because I like my cat). Too much random gating on everything else to make it worth the time. Same reason I don't do Eidolons.

It's almost embarrassing that Vallis is the best designed of the three zones for actual gameplay, barring the "capture bases for further out bounties" mechanic. Consistently rewarding bounties, mining that's actually worth doing for more than just crafting materials, less awful fishing than Cetus (Deimos fishing would require the bloody fish to spawn), high value conservation that doesn't require looking for a low contrast visual pulse of orange somewhere on the world as the rifle uselessly pings nonfunctional direction arrows, no randomness in the rewards you get from the "raid" bosses...

There's a reason it's the one I finished first.

e: forgot to come back to why it's embarrassing. Plains got a rework after Fortuna dropped and managed to still be worse across the board (except nighttime conservation, the only place the orange glow highlight is at all useful), and Deimos as the third entry should be the refined one now that they've had two open worlds ans an overhaul to iron out the kinks. But the "oldest" one, counting Plains post-rework as after Fortuna, is the only one where all the systems work.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 12, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Speaking of that new stuff, final verdict on the Vermisplicer as a status primary: wow this thing is absolute garbage without heavy forma investment and probably even with it. Gilding and ranking process, a full 5 seconds of continuous fire to kill lv 20 heavy gunners/napalms, and it just barely works as a primer with an erratic at best beam bounce.

Someone who makes it as a crit gun lemme know how that works out for you. Otherwise marking this as a big ol' "master and trash it".

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Be a whole lot nicer to have that than "hey come watch our devstream because we're bypassing our horrible grind by giving stuff away free to watchers".

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Some of us are back at work in person already.
(edit to probably-unnecessarily clarify: so a stream that requires "watch this for 30 minutes straight" on firewalled & monitored company internet while still appearing to work is not exactly an approach that works)

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 13, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Ludo Friend posted:

So it’s the first time I’ve done index since the new corpus tile set.

The new corpus index map seems horrible. It feels too big and like I spend all my time tracking down 1 enemy at a time.

Any tips on anything to speed the map up when it pops? Still love the snow map.

Enter the Index from the Dojo navigation screen. Forces the snow map every time.
Otherwise, enemy radar is your friend. I do a loop around the outside of the map.

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm also starting to get serious doubts about the effectiveness of the wuklone after I watched it and two infested chargers chase each other in circles for a solid minute while I laughed at them.

Wuclone is great with guns. It's godawful with melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Ludo Friend posted:

Must be fixed as the three times i've tried its ended up with the lovely corpus map.

Rip. It was nice while it lasted.

But yeah, I start from spawn, take the right hand side hallway, jump down at the bridge, loop around the enemy spawn, enter their side hall, jump down at the bridge and return. I run Wukong with a maxed out Exergis, so usually the clone kills anything not on my path, and either I or other people pick those tokens up. Sometimes the side hallways get pileups of all 4 Brokers spawning in the crate piles where the ammo drop is, or the little room by the bridge, which is part of why enemies are so hard to find.
With Exergis + Stropha I get into round 3 before one shot kills start to drop off, and I'm never going 3+ rounds with randoms. Just finally broke down and bought Corrupt Charge so Stropha should be lasting even longer.