Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Just starting spending waaay too much money playing pretty space ninja on this dumb game, could someone throw me a PS4 clan invite please?

WotGTheAgent

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the only fun about raids is watching people who never ran them melt down about them disappearing

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sephyr posted:

Just started this game after a friend praised to to the skies.

It's...really good. Don't think I ever felt so fluid and powerful moving around, jump-dashing and wall-running and slashing-shooting everything in sight.

A bit lost on what relics and stuff does what, though. In-game tutorials are....not helpful, when not fully absent. You end up pickiong a lot of weird items that feel unique but have no immediate use.

Also, gently caress spy missions. Instant failure because I have no memorized every layout and one of those filthy radar droids that you can't stealth-kill spotted me while I tried to find a way inside the comp room? Give me a break.

PS- The Latus pistol is awful, too. Any suggestions for a good side-weapon?
I like this game and have played it an awful lot since November. What it doesn't do is tell you almost anything about anything, which is super daunting and makes you feel loving stupid. Hopefully they can smooth this out over the next few patches (years?).

I can say, without a doubt, this game is better with people. Clearing the star chart is a rough ride solo, so I'd suggest trying to get public matches as often as you can -- don't be afraid to join some randos in murdering everything in sight.

Once you start getting a handle on mechanics (or are a stupid motherfucking drunk like myself and spend way too much on in game currency) everything starts falling into place...only to be replaced by other incomprehensible mechanics later on.

My advice: just shoot loving everything, always. Get a Soma or Hek (buy their blueprint off the market, which took me like two weeks to understand how to do) and start murdering things. Let other people murder things for you. Murder. Just murder all the time. The rest of the mechanics will work themselves out as you continue to play. Hopefully the core game of "Spinning-Idiot-Shootman-Spaceninja" is enough to keep you playing and eventually learning more about the game.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sorry to cut into beam chat, but I just got started on PS4 and have noticed how many of the weapons I want are either dojo research or plat only.

So it looks like I need to join a guild, but the problem is i'm horribly antisocial and like casual PUG play and dropping the other players the minute I hit orbit.

Am I going to be able to mooch off the PS4 goon dojo's research or do I need to contribute? Have I yet again* chosen a bad game to get hooked by if I don't like voice chat?

* I'm trying Warframe because Destiny 2's "raid or gently caress off" endgame got old quickly.
nah, I've been running around like a silent idiot, you'll be fine

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
beat it with a mote amp, it wasn't that bad

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Did Umbra quest.

Want more quests.

Gimme the quests.
I just hit MR23 on the PS4 but I've started again from scratch on PC. Looking forward to completing them all again.

Well, most of them.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Spudd posted:

I need this Chubby Lotus glyph.

oh my god yes

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

The concept of a boss rush game mode is an interesting one, but the stupid time gate on the Eidolon run is poorly designed and incompatible with the casual pick-up game nature of everything else in Warframe. It should be a trio of bosses that you can participate in once a day, at any time, just like sorties.
This is the answer, right here. PoE really does feel like "Developers First Open-World" so I can cut them some slack (some, not a lot), but they should changed it to this months and months ago.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just hit MR25 and now I feel a deep, hollow sadness. Thank God there's a ton of games coming out in the next two months + Fortuna and Railjack.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I ill be running through some of this poo poo later on ps4, feel free to add me

WotGTheAgent

with all due respect to y'all pc peeps

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

Goondolences. Seriously if you can play on PC you should, if only because there are more of us to shower you with gifts.
until they add some form of account merge across platforms I'm not restarting from mr26 to mr2 anytime soon. Steve made me hopeful something like that is possible for next year tho

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
aww Dave. Ill send you a PS4 and give you console warframe gifts instead, my friend

I mean I'm actually drunk to enough right now to do it

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they are gutting the entire stasis chamber system and making all your pets available like sentials in an upcoming patch

thank god

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
much like 60% of the improvements I've witnessed over the last few years

although I do like whining privately about something only to realize DE has already slated it to get fixed

and then they release poo poo like the loving vox Solaris grind and I wonder who the gently caress thought that up

yes, please let me relieve the awesome story beats for the thousandth time because I need to hear about the 3 directors and what they did over and over and over and over and over and over

DE please include a loving "you've done the story, this is the grindy version without any story bullshit" mode pls

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I honestly wish they would make eidolons an always doable activity because they never seem to be up when I have time to do them

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
kinda fuckin amazed right now

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
are they really doing loving mordor here

really motherfuckers

jesus

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
this is a great feature. I might actually play with more people now

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
he can run across water. jesus frame

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
holy moley

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
just completely and totally redo damage and armor scaling already, DE

although I guess thats been on their to-do list since I started playing 2 years ago

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
just going to build 10,000 oberons to fill up all these empty warframe slots I keep getting

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

The current viable aw weapons are in order of effectiveness: Cyngas, Phaedra, Imperator. I dont like the feel of the Cyngas so I've been using the Phaedra. Its higher status chance makes it hit harder than my ImpV even though the latter has 4 forma in it and the Phaedra has 0.
they really need to rebalance all of this...again

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I feel like they need to shrink the archwings another 50% or so when you're outside the railjack

everything feels a little too small, especially the railjack itself when compared to the drydock version

the endless bugs (on PS4) have pretty much stopped me from jacking it until they get a few more fixes out. great mode but it needs at least another 3 months of refinement for sure

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I don't think its "gamers, right?" to say that empyrean is broken and flawed and needs a ton of work

I stopped playing it (PS4) because of how many bugs and issues I encountered during the last few weeks, it just got too frustrating

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'll never quit you warframe

until you decide to do something stupid like trying to bring hardcore raids back in a progression setting lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Spudd posted:

There sure are a lot of bad posts this new years. Railjack was absolutely released early but they've mentioned all these problems that have been posted in the last dev stream and are actively working on it. I know giving workers holidays and time to rest is a sin in our capitalist hell world but come on.

I had my few weeks of fun from it, gonna give it a rest until the command intrinsic comes out. Thanks for listening.
they could've just not released it before it was ready (lol its DE here), but they had to because of marketing (run by our capitalist hell world)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Spudd posted:

So yeah damned if they did, damned if they didn't.
I'd much prefer more stable releases than something rushed, but I understand freemium games need constant content in order to stay relevant and solvent

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tulip posted:

Am I the only one getting consistent headaches from railjack? Cuz that doesn't seem like the sort of thing that gets polished away.
you might be more prone to motion sickness / "video" vertigo, especially with some of the hosts at 500ms ping and an insanely fast jackin speed

god knows theres been some jackin I've had to look away from

before my break, I was mostly archwingin or fixing breeches

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

That's the thing to, this would never be "ready", if they delayed this we would complain about the same things a month later
maybe I've just experienced more bugs or problems than other people, but (on PS4 at least) we're used to getting major patches weeks or months after the PC players, with all the hotfixes they entail

this time it went live like 5 days after the PC patch (to the amazement of us console peeps) and it's a lot more buggy and unpolished than I'm used to seeing

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they've got a lot to fix, but this seems like a main mode they are going to really examine and add to within the next few years. steve's enthusiasm for railjack has been pretty intense the last 2+ years, although you could argue this was always part of warframes original inception

I'm sure a lot of the main problems (like the rare unreachable catastrophic breaches) will get fixed within Q1 2020 or hell, even Jan 2020

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm a console peasant and I'm sick of my current clan since it's full of literal children that thing dropping slurs is the highest form of humor and the leader of the clan is one of those liberal-types who's not openly bigoted but absolutely refuses to clamp down on hate speech. I'm also, like, third in line in leadership of the clan, but any time I kick someone for being an rear end in a top hat they go whining to the leader who re-invites them.

Seriously, I know how half the admins on this site feel now. Only reason why I haven't quit yet is because I'm still trying to find out ways I can put subtle dicks on the Orokin art projects they have going on in the dojo.
just join the goon alliance and see no chat whatsoever for days at a time

its bliss

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm staying away until they get more of this sorted out

kinda strange that a major content patch has caused me to play way less warframe than I normally do

hopefully by next month we'll see some major overhauls

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

BMan posted:

Drops are now shared but you still have to mine asteroids to build anything.
really hope they address this today

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

DelphiAegis posted:

Everyone who built a railjack gets their resources (and credits!) refunded. Wow.
holy crap

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
some of this is legit amazing

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Spudd posted:

All the changes that are up seem neat, I was kinda hoping to see some meltdowns in here about 4 x corrosive projection not removing 100% of armour anymore.

Although I know I'm a niche case, I essentially play solo and only do group stuff when cracking open relics.
the only reason people were so die hard about bringing corpro is because armor scaling is absolutely hosed and DE should have addressed it like 3+ years ago

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just walk everything back to normal but take out self damage and stagger mechanics because who loving cares

Who is the grognard on the dev team calling for this poo poo

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also remove armor and shields on enemies already and just increase the mob count 10x and let us just kill kill kill

like who really wants to keep the Corpse of WarFrame Circa 2015 alive and well at this point, gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'll jump back into this on PS4 over the weekend

been awhile since I've played and probably need to get up to speed on the latest meta / whatever the gently caress scarlet spear is