Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
What's the deal with cloning the PC account? I have a PC account with pretty much everything except OD mods, which aren't that bad to grind because I have around 300 tower keys, handspring which isn't important, strun wraith because I was too busy having a life that weekend, and the newer prime stuff (mag prime/orthos prime being the only two that matter). I even have 6x formad ignis, ogris, acrid, soma, nyx, and nova along with maxed of almost every mod. I will never play warframe on the PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dapper Man posted:

Don't worry about anything, even if you were to someday play warframe on PS4 and decide to clone your account over, it would have absolutely zero effects on your PC account.

I'm not exactly sure what you're worried about in the first place. Nothing is being done that will change ay of your stuff.
I was curious because it seems like your PC account remains intact, and if the two accounts are separate then I could clone mine for a friend with the PS4.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Denzine posted:

Rhino's pretty fun to play as because Iron Skin lets you ignore the stupid bullshit DE likes to put in the game for no reason.
Not even iron skin will save you from the stealth mastery test. It's infuriating how long it takes and that you fail randomly because the enemy decides you are a target and starts shooting a wall even though you're standing still in the same spot you have been forever. Stealth has no place in warframe, and the sooner they get rid of that poo poo the better.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

chumbler posted:

The stealth mastery test is what Loki is for. Can't get more stealthy than literally invisible :pseudo:. That is, unless the stalker shows up, but you're boned if that happens anyway.
It's ridiculous that this works. I did the entire test in a single invisiblity cast. Well, it's great that it works because stealth is dumb.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Feenix posted:

So you're saying, as a newbie-guy, best bet is to hold off... (Or if I really want a new frame, drop some plat..)
It's not that bad. Especially if you can get someone you know to help you get a control module.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 21, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Is there any way to bring up clan chat in-game?

Also, is the acrid worthless now? My sentinel appears to out dps it on the few enemies I've tried it on.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Welp, figured out what was going. My Sweeper has around 40k damage listed on the character sheet. It apparently has it in-game as well.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Yaos posted:

There's a tiny chat bubble on the right side of the screen, click on that and you'll see a clan tab.
I meant in the actual game. Like when you are shooting things. They removed the /c command and the chat pane only shows Squad and council. Why it shows council but not the other channels I have no clue.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Ignis with Blast keeps things permanently on the ground. Not sure what other elemental mod would be abusable.

edit: It's possible to have 3 elements. Two combos and a pure. I haven't tried to get 3 combos. I have poison rifle mod now so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. With Ogris you can get two combos and a pure without toxin at all.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 22, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mindblast posted:

The Stalker was already painful to deal with. I certainly didn't beat him legit before and now apparently he is tougher? drat.
Carrier's Sweeper with a potato and mods in it would kill old stalker before he could kill me on a frame with 400 shields and 200 hp.

I remember dying to stalker a bunch when I was new, though.

I haven't fought the new Stalker. I heard he spams pull and kills you and is super hard now compared to before.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 22, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pierson posted:

Do we have confirmation that Ember Prime drops from Void Capture and Sicarus from Void Exterminate? Or any knowledge at all about where to find the Glaive Prime? Thinking of running a keyparty either this weekend or the first time PS4 crossplay comes online for new guys who need stuff.
I ran 5 t1 captures and 5 t3 captures. No ember prime pieces. Not-Rebecca on the warframe live thing said ember prime parts drop from void captures, though. So maybe rng and all that struck me.

I did get a pre-built forma from a t1 survival and a forma blueprint from login reward today. On the positive side.

edit: vvv Capture often has two dudes now.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 22, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I don't get why armor matters. Nothing hurts after damage 2.0. And everything dies. Even level 50 guys die in a single soma shot now.

I was surprised they didn't fix warframe armor to be a relevant stat. It stands out as one of the things in the game that has always been relatively useless.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Schubalts posted:

He deals stupid amounts of damage and has stupid amounts of shields, health, and armor. That is all. He can one-shot RHINOS.

e: Hotfix 11.0.6
It was kind of cool ignising tons of dead infested and hearing the screams of the damned. I wonder if anyone made a video of it.

If the person being attacked by stalker doesn't die he goes down pretty quick. I've killed new him a few times, but I've also had him instagib the guy he is going after and peace out or kill everyone. The funniest time was probably a bunch of pubbies standing right next to a stalker who was casting absorb and blowing all their shots into it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

hooah posted:

What mods do you have on your Soma? I'd been re-leveling my Ignis after a forma, but I did try out the Soma for a round or two and it didn't seem nearly as good as it was before.
I run 4 forma'd soma with all the crit mods, corrosive damage, and heavy caliber. It regularly crits for 4k-6k before I use the nova skill to increase it. Before switching to corrosive (Electric + Toxic) I wasn't that impressed with it.

And yeah, they fixed status chance on ignis. The day after the patch it kept things on the ground non-stop, now the elements don't proc nearly as much. I'm still going to level and forma it a bunch because I never got around to it and it's great against everything that's not super super high level.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 26, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Supra was one of the best guns before a bunch of new guns were introduced. The projectile speed is irrelevant, and even when it used to aim off-center that was irrelevant too because I had something like 80% lifetime accuracy with it. It's not good now because the Soma is ridiculously better, and Flux is probably leagues better as well but I haven't got around to leveling mine yet.

I keep hoping they'll buff it because it's mastery 7 and I put 6 forma into it, but they never do.

Helter Skelter posted:

Eh? The Ignis doesn't go through walls that I've ever seen. Around, sure, but not through. I've specifically tested it by attempting to shoot through doors where I know an enemy is on the other side, even. A Shred mod is part of my standard loadout on it for that very reason.

It's still really good though.
It definitely shoots through closed doors in episode 11.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 28, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Neurolimal posted:

I'm just a newbie that's currently enjoying the game a lot, but I will say that I fully support nerfing aoe damage ults, it's just not fun for the other dudes you're playing with when you kill everything in a 5 mile radius before they can even leg it over to a mere corpus crewmate :(
The thing is, weapons do it nearly as well. The only ability that is holy poo poo broken against tons of guys is Nova's m.prime and Rhino's stomp. Rhino's stomp even breaks many boss fights, as does m.prime's speed reduction. The catch is that Rhino is sluggish compared to nova, and I'd much rather be nova as a result. Nova can also use m.prime while launching through the air with zorens, so can Nyx with Chaos, and that alone places them above mag in tiers. Rhino can't use his ability in the air either, but Rhino is so solid all around that it doesn't matter.

I don't even get why people complain about mag. What ability is good? 4 isn't it. I'd rather just shoot things most of the time. I'd place Nyx in a higher tier than Mag unless I have had the wrong abilities slotted the whole time and it's mag's 2 or 3 that is overpowered as heck. Pull is very good and makes Mag fun, but if you are spamming pull you aren't shooting, and if you are using it before shooting you could have probably killed that enemy or those enemies faster by just shooting. It has great team application and is a strong ability, but in the scope of the other frames and weapon damage I wouldn't call mag overpowered.

edit: I also have every frame maxed and reactored except for Ember Prime. I'd definitely say Nova/Rhino are the top two, if you prefer one over the other it's understandable although I personally only break out Rhino on Derelict Assassinates because he trivializes the fight. Nyx is an irrelevant third with current content maybe relevant if you want to play a defense or survival for hours I don't know, and everything else is below them in various places depending on what you want to do. Loki is probably the best at promotion tests especially with the corrupted mods that give him infinite invisibility even while soloing which is as broken as it sounds, Vauban still has some crazy abilities but he's a niche use frame, Frost's Globe is still insane on high wave defense because you put up an invulnerability wall, and Saryn/Banshee/Mag seem like balanced frames to me that others should move toward. Ember's old overheat was awesome. Not sure how they nerfed that around the time they added new iron skin, which is about as strong as old overheat. Nekros is by far the worst frame in the game. His only useful ability causes you to stand still waving your hand for a while, and it's not even as useful as getting extra loot in a video game about killing guys for loot sounds. Trust me, I was planning on just playing Nekros a bunch because guns are good enough and just spamming desecrate, but desecrate is both tedious to use and not worth spamming unless you are trying to last forever in a survival. All of his other abilities range from useless to buggy and useless.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 2, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002

katkillad2 posted:

I really wish this game had dedicated servers on the PS4. Seems like 75% of the time there is a host migration it just flat out doesn't work or it resets all the drops you previously had prior to the new host. Nothing like being on wave 24 of a defense mission only for the host to rage quit even though everyone else was still alive.
They fixed this bug on PC recently so next patch I'd expect it to be fixed on PS4.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dapper Man posted:

On the scale of game reviews, 4/10 is not a fun game. Warframe is a fun game, much matter how much Denzine has little breakdown over his gaping timesink, god rest his soul.
I'd definitely say Warframe is a 7/10 game. If ratings were harsher for games, a 6 or 6.5 maybe.

Pros:
  • Shoot stuff in space with friends
  • Unlock a wide variety of unique and powerful characters and weapons
  • Reasonable free to play system that doesn't require you to pay much (frame/weapon slots, and even those aren't required)
  • Tons of things to collect and obtain, many ways to make your character incrementally more powerful if you don't want to collect
  • Log on any time and do something fun for 3 minutes or 2 hours
  • Player skill determines efficiency, and it's possible to optimize the hell out of your play even 200 hours later, although arguably pointless
  • The few missions worth running are usually super fun (t3 mobile defenses/survival, occasionally a defense)

Cons:
  • Repetitive mission types that make exploring planets tedious bordering on pointless
  • Only a few missions worth running, most missions are bad for items, experience, and more. You just want to get them over with to clear the node.
  • Sort of non-existent endgame, unless you consider multi-hour survival or hwd endgame
  • For new-new players the game plays like it is tightly designed, but once you get mods and a weapon upgrade you begin to trivialize most content
  • You eventually severely out scale any challenge the game offers outside of sitting in a survival or defense for hours (doubles as a pro if you like blasting many enemies)
  • Boss encounters are less involved than in most MMOs which is kind of confusing because the game design could easily result in some really complicated boss fights, especially with calculations being done mostly clientside
  • Some bosses are poorly designed (krill, invulnerable for years while you afk behind a wall and wait until you can hurt him, jackal sort of if your weapons really suck otherwise he's fine I guess but not very involved)
  • Instead of boss mechanics that players react to it's mostly "do you know that boss x has some dumb gimmick you have to wait out or shoot him in the ball of his foot during this animation?" design

A few more pros would be unmatched developer transparency, constantly adding new content for free that is at least another few hours of play for you, and it seems to be shooting for long term viability over short term profits. So it's a pretty neat game to play, take a break from, and come back to play more. You can also skip all the crappy stuff and just invite your friend to the fun stuff. The biggest con is how they continuously botch scaling and boss balance.

There's a ton of potential for involved and difficult boss combat, but with how wildly certain abilities and weapons scale and their so far lame boss design, it's just not happening. With the way the current game works they could implement a ranged boss who one shots people with a hitscan weapon that fires 20 times per second and you could still trivialize it in a number of ways. They are way too conservative on boss balance and design. Adding something that is near unkillable unless you chain together frame skills and don't stand in fire and move away from everyone if you get hit with a debuff wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 3, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

So how many of you guys used to play Gunz? I used to be addicted to that piece of poo poo game and I feel like this is a massively improved spiritual advancement of it. It gives me the same satisfying feeling when I play it for some reason.
I played Gunz even a year ago. I never did quest, but I won a free ipod and infinite duration deity from the first or second ijji tournament I don't remember.

The movement in this game is not similar at all. Gunz' controls are way better, because you have considerably more control. I suppose Gunz' controls are also worse because they take a few hundred hours to learn and will murder your wrists with the 6-10 key presses per second, and only after that can you start to learn how to actually play the game. Gunz also had better sword combat, although block success and failure was slightly unintuitive from a human perspective because they were lazy about the math for it. At the very least, wall running was more fluid and simple in gunz and it's frustratingly inconsistent and clumsy at times in warframe. U11 did help it somewhat, but there's still annoying crap like not being able to wall run if someone else is standing near you.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 3, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cathair posted:

Just parsing this out to better illustrate how strange this post is.

I've never played Gunz, but I've heard only derision and mockery for it. It's amazing how you can observe the exact same things that everyone else does, yet come to the exact opposite conclusions- are you some sort of video game masochist or something? :confused:
Once you learn the controls it offers a degree of freedom in movement and weapon usage that is non-existent in other fps/tps games. It's an extremely fast paced game that requires great accuracy, teamwork, and more. It has lots of competitive depth that not even 1/1000th of the player base will ever experience because of the learning curve and the community's general emphasis on dumb things and novelty movements.

My conclusion is that it is both terrible for those reasons and great despite those reasons. I don't think its input system is something to be copied, but the result has merit and should be emulated in a less alienating and demanding way.

And blocking isn't that bad. It's just left vs right, up vs down from a human perspective. It gets complicated when you combine up+left or turning 180 degrees to block charged attacks, and because player position matters you can do all kinds of confusing poo poo for the other player to interpret. It is just a simple vector operation to determine if it is blocked or not, but that's not how anyone learns the system because no one ever explained it that way. In practice that hardly matters in gun games, because guns are what matters and blocking is only relevant in a few outlier situations. Some of the top players in 1v1/tdm were very bad with swords.

edit: GunZ videos for people who never played. Gosu highlight video. One of the top NA players from back in the day. Tiger/twinkan highlight clip shows one of the best EU players, probably the best 1v1, playing tdm mostly. A video of a 1v1 in gunz. It shows off the freedom of movement alright from a practical perspective. There's probably better videos if you just want to see what is possible with movement or some of the mechanics, but those more or less capture the gameplay and all use players I played with.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 3, 2013

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pyronic posted:

after getting back into this and playing quite a bit all week, I feel like my pinky's about to break off.
Rebind crouch to space. Bind jump to ctrl now that you don't have to hit a million buttons to wall run. Also bind jump to mousewheel. Congratulations, warframe's input is now easy as poo poo on a pc.

In most fps games I use space to jump, but in warframe it's crouch that you spam and ctrl is not a good place to be.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Evil Sagan posted:

I'm on the fence about trying this game and I'm kind of getting mixed messages on it. While I appreciate that the game is initially free, I consider my time to be at a premium so I gotta ask: is this a buggy piece of poo poo on the PC or does it usually run pretty decently? I want to lose myself in a wonderland of farming materials by stylishly shooting mans in mission after mission, but I don't want to fight very much with the game to do that.
It depends what you mean by buggy piece of poo poo.

Is it stable with a consistently high framerate and you can play it fine? Yes. I've never had sub 120fps playing warframe, and I've never had it crash.

Does everything work perfectly all of the time? No. In my 200-300 hours of playing there's been around 10 instances of having to restart a mission tops. Probably less. I believe most of those are fixed now, because most involved either super laggy hosts or people disconnecting and causing a host migration during objectives or while holding objectives. These were generally missions that lasted 3-5 minutes in length (or 10 if you are new I guess). So pretty much extreme corner cases. Now and then DE screws something up with a patch and they fix it a day or two later. The most prominent example in my mind is derelict missions giving you a black screen after completion that required a client restart. You still received rewards and it was a mild inconvenience, but it really illustrates about what you can expect from their limited QA process. On the upside, they patch often and quickly and have no issue admitting their mistakes. They are probably one of the most transparent developers around.

Sometimes you will fall through the world while wall running if you hit edges. If you are with other people you still get mission rewards but you just need to tab out or something when it happens. I've never had this happen in areas where you want to or need to wall run. To avoid it just don't wall run in pointless corners where wall running is completely meaningless. They fixed the most common way to fall through the world a few patches ago. Ddoors used to shoot you out of the world if there was latency between you and the host or if you went through them too quickly at the wrong time. As far as I can tell this doesn't happen anymore, and it was knocked me out of the world 9/10 times.

I hope that answers your question. The short answer is it's not a buggy piece of poo poo. It's fun as heck. The long answer is when a game updates multiple times per week there's not a grueling QA process so sometimes things slip through, but it's a solid game and not a buggy piece of poo poo in general. There's nothing that stops progression, breaks your character, or anything like that. There's no frustrating bugs in warframe. Sometimes after a patch their QA process misses something relatively benign, and it gets fixed a few days later. The terrible in the title refers to other aspects of the game. Not its functionality.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 7, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Crowbear posted:

You will never, ever have to run a boss 100, let alone 200 times for a BP. The Systems are slightly rarer but we're talking like, a 25% drop rate instead of 33% or something. I don't think I've ever had to run a boss more than 6-7 times to get all the parts and most I got in ~4. You just got supremely unlucky on those Nyx drops.
To get Nova I ran the boss enough to get 80 helmet and 110 chassis bps. Before guaranteed drops. It took me literal months because I'd just do a few runs here and there, not even daily.

Since the fix to rng and blueprints coming at the end, the most I've had to kill a boss to get a full set was maybe 12 times. I have every frame in the game, besides oberon, and it really doesn't take that long to get a blueprint set.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I wish they'd make the dog die if you didn't login for a few days. It'd be the most warframe "feature" ever, and it would make people really mad. Especially if you came back to a rotting koala-wolf-dog corpse.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Alright buds, I last played when valkyr was a new frame. Update 9 or 10 or some poo poo.

I had every mod/frame/prime item and frame and a bunch of random crap 5x formad, all the frames maxed level, a nova with a bunch of formas in it, and stuff. But I have tried to come back twice with the new ui and just gave up because it is somehow worse than the old garbage ui despite looking "cooler" or whatever. I also got kicked from the goon clan in my absence. How do I get back in to this awful & fun game? What is good now? What content is there to do?

Is nova still the best frame? Is nyx still an awesome frame? What do turbo nerds do in this game now? Are goons still obsessed with the Rhino? Are ogris/soma/acrid/brakk still top weapons? Is the flamethrower still good vs lower level crap (and is any of that worth doing)?

I guess what I'm asking is how do I catchup on almost a year's worth of updates.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 28, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cainer posted:

Only problem I can see with this build is that Fleeting Expertise doesn't actually exist. I have run that poo poo into the ground and it has never dropped. Has to be vaporware!
It's the only non-event mod I am missing. You can get maxed ones for 20p in trade but I don't see the point in trading for something I can farm because all you do is farm in warframe.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 30, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Brainbread posted:

As it stands, if you want to do Vay Hek, you're gonna have to farm all of those keys yourself.
I want to farm vay hek, and no one is doing missions that let me make keys. I definitely agree with what you said. With how much the key costs I didn't realize it was consumable. They should just make it not consumable after people lose interest.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Apologies for crap quality & website, but saryn destroys kiste right now. It's hilarious. That was my first run realizing just how hard saryn wrecks it. You can stand near the terminal and blow up the entire outside pretty much just hitting ult, but you can also take it much farther. You don't need power mods either.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 6, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Brainbread posted:

I hope you have the Hemlocke helm though. + Movement is so nice on her.
With Natural Talent she wrecks the other dudes too. You can use miasma as a cc pretty much in all non-endless missions. Even in endless you probably can with a trinity.

I have both helms, using power strength in the video because I have ceramic dagger equipped and it's pretty much old school zoren.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

Oh gently caress is that how it works? poo poo, I don't have nearly enough credits. Goddammit.
It's *500, and I am up for running seimeni or t4s if you have keys.

edit: Watlok in-game.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 6, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Alright, I've got a dilemma, gaiz.

I have a Mirage.

I have a Quanta.

The Mirage isn't fun to play, unless I'm using the Quanta.

The Quanta isn't fun to play, unless I'm using the Mirage.

Do I keep both, or get rid of both?
Try Vile Acceleration in the quanta instead of what would usually be shred, it's legit and makes it more fun. It also still takes a year to run out the clip so that's cool.

If you like big numbers you can also run point strike+vital sense over 2 of the 4 elements. It's not the worst (~20.9k dps vs corrupted, 3 element speed trigger is ~21k slightly higher than crit, 4 element is ~19.2k). If you're building it to fight specific things you can get higher using bane I guess. Anyway, the point is vile acceleration is legit and fun on the quanta unless you're building for secondary fire (meh), and crit is fairly legit on it if you like to crit things.

Mirage is good sometimes. It's a glass cannon frame. It owns hard on cerb/seimeni/any wide open map where you can disco ball on cooldown and run around shooting stuff, and if you like shooting people it has other builds that help you shoot people harder.

I'm having a ton of fun with quanta, but mirage isn't really my style. I will still use it in the right situation, but it's not my go to frame unless it's a disco ball map.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 8, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

tlarn posted:

I still don't get why Snowglobe stops even allies from shooting into it.
That part is fine.

Quality of life wise, cataclysm (his 4) needs the absorb treatment. Press it again to cancel it. Or, you can put multiple up.
And you need to be able to pick up items in the rift. Especially in the Cataclysm rift, I guess in the banish rift it's not as vital.

Limbo has a few cool uses. If you are doing an endless mission with saryn or excal you can just banish them for the extra mana regen and their abilities just hit stuff in and out of the rift. They're invulnerable, too. That's pretty cool. Cataclysm is also good at protecting pods, groups, and groups again by using it offensively so enemies must run through it to get to you.

Limbo has a few design flaws. He's bottom 3 probably for non-endless content because all of his abilities do pretty much nothing of value until you hit endgame stuff. Well, you can spec power strength, -duration, +range, and amplify that sick 500 blast damage on his ult. But the cast time is very long, and it's still far worse than most other damaging abilities if you are just trying to use it for damage.

The other design flaw is his kit is kind of awful outside of being a niche utility frame. His 3 is just an awkward ability because he has no way to make it viable himself, and in order to leverage it you have to ignore all of the biggest strengths of his other abilities. I'm not even 100% clear on whether it effects allies or not. The wiki says it doesn't, many posts say it does, the wording implies it does, but does it? The cast time on most of his abilities is crazy high and they don't provide actual cc. Meaning if you or a teammate are in the same plane as an enemy your frame is effectively doing nothing cc wise and entirely reliant upon others. And the damage amp of his 3 will only matter on really high defense/survival/interception? waves. And every group I've heard of running limbo doesn't really use/abuse his 3 they just use 1/2 for the invulnerability and 4 to protect a pod. So I don't know man. I'd definitely look into redesigning his 3 if I were DE, and I'd possibly look into better CC (or faster cast time) for cataclysm/banish as well.

The frame is not as bad as people say. The abilities he does have are crazy powerful in the right situation, but I don't know if that's enough. I was playing him yesterday and I love the rift mechanic. I think the frame is just sorely missing something in practice. He has like half of a real skill set when you compare him to other frames. I'd love to play Limbo in an organized group if anyone has any composition ideas. I love frames with skill design like Limbo's, and even though I theorycrafted a million things I could be doing with his kit in my head they're all a bit too awkard/durdly to pull off. I think you could just bring someone else instead for the most part unless you want a super frost globe or to use his 1 for some crazy strategy. And that's pretty much how he is used to my knowledge (keeping things in different planes, that's all).

Oh, and you can use him to power level kubros safely. But I don't think that's a good selling point or ultimate best use for a frame.

Daynab posted:

I've only been playing a week or 2 but I've been using Banshee the most and really like her. Has decent crowd control. I never use the 1 ability, but Sonar, which lights up all the enemies around with a weakpoint that does 500% damage when shot is amazing. Silence stuns all enemies for a bit when they come into range which is really good to give a breather in defences, or to go revive someone.

And the 4th ability, Sound Quake does pretty okay damage and staggers enemies in a huge radius when you have power range, so you can use it to clear maps if you have enough energy to do it.
Banshee's 1 is hilariously awesome and was stealth buffed somewhere down the line because you can perma knockdown ancients/walkers/big grineer men with it they no longer have an immunity phase. It's an almost 50m range almost instant cast with natural talent ability that costs like 3 mana. It does no real damage, but you can hit it and kill things that can't fight back. I was having fun with it the other night. Sonar is also pretty awesome.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 8, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Also it take 5-6 brakk clips to do so. gently caress nullifier crewman.
Just run into the bubble and kill them. They die in a single brakk shot.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Had a fun t4d tonight with people. I learned that full slow nova + nyx can permanently stun things because it quadruples the animation of nyx's chaos stun, and the duration/cooldown of chaos can be brought significantly lower than the duration of the stun. The nyx stun lasts somewhere between 6 and 8 seconds with m.prime full slow, not sure because I couldn't find an exact number and I was too lazy to time it in game. With the transient fortitude I had laying around and the max fleeting expertise I always use, the cooldown was ~4.1s and I could easily let it go 2-4s longer than that and still permanently stun primed things. The stun animation lasts longer than the chaos duration at that cooldown which is hilarious.

We ended up bailing on 40 because we were running energy siphon not corrosive and it's kinda pointless to go longer with the setup we had probably. We could have, but things were starting to not die instantly.

wid posted:

Goddamit. Now they're going to nerf Bladestorm, aren't they.

Actually, at least Bladestorm requires you to aim the drat thing and not just run a script pressing 4 for all eternity.

Goddammit. They're going to change all AoEs to require a target to activate, aren't they.
They won't nerf bladestorm. You have to aim it, its execution time is long as hell, and it has los requirements. It's much better executed than excalibur's ult which pretty much kills the entire map, even without los, from one spot instantly. Or mirage's ult, which does the same thing but slightly slower and with a line of sight requirement although for a longer duration and with cc.

All you really need is 1 dude whose job it is to run around and kill the bubble boys. There's usually only one at most tops, and you can get to almost anywhere on the map in 5-8 seconds so it's not a big deal. Not enough of a deal to wreck exp rate with the mirage method, although with the 2x excal+trinity method maybe it effects it slightly. The guy running around killing them also has to actually play the game, but hey what can you do. I personally enjoy playing the game and don't mind being that guy.

I also have yet to encounter the energy drain bug. Maybe it was fixed? Maybe a certain thing has to happen? If I just run and shoot them dead nothing bad has happened to me yet. Worst case you can die to fix it (supposedly), but you don't even need energy on a few frames on that map especially if all you are doing is shooting stuff and not hosting. Still, it might be fixed unless someone had it happen to them today.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 9, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pierson posted:

Also 4th or 5th really? I used to be able to find a 'players online' line graph but with the new Steam design it seems to be gone. Wow.
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

20,000 people playing right now, at 11:42am est on a wednesday.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Helter Skelter posted:

So, we found the new rep grind strategy, now with bonus forma and prime gear:

Get 4 people together, make sure everyone has Corrosive Projection. Team comp is 2 Mesa, 1 Limbo, 1 Nova (neutral or speednova). Pop a T4D key.

Limbo keeps bubble on the pod and the Mesas banished, Nova primes poo poo for more damage, Mesas stand on top of the pod and murder everything with Peacemaker. Bail whenever you feel like it, we did 40 waves (~18k rep with 15% sigil and no affinity booster) but probably could have gone to 50 or beyond without much issue.
We did all the way to wave 40 in T4D in 30 minutes. That's worth pointing out, because that time is pretty quick. The average cerb run takes around 20 minutes if you cap all nodes and get a key.

I played the Limbo with you guys. You don't even have to banish the mesas because they get the mana regen in cataclysm.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 10, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

d3lness posted:

I'm assuming Limbo goes efficiency/duration? Also, nerf Snowglobe, replace with new frame that does it better!

That's the build I used with Corrosive Projection instead of Energy Siphon. Probably not optimal. I swapped some mods just for this.

You probably don't need streamline, constitution.

I didn't get hit once so I guess redirection and vitality aren't necessary either, but you should have those because dying is really bad for the limbo.

If you were going to go higher than 40, or even to 40, maybe you want flow+quick thinking just for more ehp so you can't screw up, die, and make your party lose.

If narrow minded is higher maybe you want stretch so the mini bubble is guaranteed to protect the pod right before it pops. One issue is there's definitely a second or two where the pod is exposed, and this could be catastrophic on occasion in really high waves. In practice, the pod took 0 hits in between cataclysms on our run. I used the skillful strategy of aim where it goes and spam 4 until it casts as the catacylsm expires.

But honestly, you just cataclysm on cooldown, use your 2 before cataclysm expires/to go res someone who messed up getting loot/maybe to draw fire as cataclysm goes down, and you spam at the ancient dudes who rush in with speed so they die instantly when they come into the bubble. I kept my 3 up but it only effects limbo pretty sure. You just shoot at the cataclysm edge as they run in so that when they get in they get zapped to death instantly. Very few monsters will make it in.

I probably killed like 10 things all run but I could have moved outside of cata and shot stuff for the first 30 waves or so safely if I wanted to I had just never used limbo outside of leveling before and we were trying to keep people banished at first (and it apparently doesn't work in cataclysm or some weird interaction/bug, I don't know, so confused). Another trick if you are using banish (it's not required for this strat) is to pop your 3 after you banish people. The banish timer often doesn't work properly, especially if you banish multiple things, so track it with your 3 timer. It's hard to visually discern banish on mesas/in certain situations.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 11, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I think MaleMan is a hero for his color choice. Now how long is it going to take us to kill 1000 if only a few of us try to kill him?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

In the two months I've played I've seen him a total of once.
Yeah, but if you try to specifically farm for him it shouldn't be that bad right? Like if you have a group of 4 tagged, you intentionally wear low conclave like g3 hunts, etc? I have no idea how hard it is to actually get him to appear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Serpentis posted:

So, these rep medallions you're meant to find in syndicate missions - are they a rare drop from enemies, do you have to find them in a crate, pray to the Blood God or what?
They're hidden in crate rooms (near containers/storage stuff, not hidden rooms or something). The suda mission I found one in said 1/3 collected. It was the lowest one in a highest rank mission.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 12, 2014