Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This game confuses the hell out of me. But despite that, I'm rather enjoying it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
As a stupid newbie, are there tips on how best to hedge my bets on earning good loot?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

chumbler posted:

Loot in the sense of items in this game pretty much boils down to frame parts or occasionally special weapon blueprints (many of which are bad) and those are random as to getting what you want, but a guaranteed drop for specific missions. You are never going to get a completed gun or frame dropped for you outright, you'll always be building them. For resources, just go to the planet that has the resources you need and do missions there. Defense, mobile defense, and survival are your best bets for farming resources. For rarer resources (orokin cells, neurodes, etc.) you'll want to farm the boss of that planet. For control modules just do one void mission and you're set for life.

Edit: What the guy above said as well. Don't worry about grinding for loot early on. Just focus on unlocking planets and getting a regular braton ASAP.

vvvv While true about defense/mobdef/survival, bosses can sometimes drop 2+ of the resource plus a guaranteed frame part bp from mission completion. For a new player the income from selling the frame part bps is really useful. Def/mobdef and survival in particular also usually need a bit higher level player in terms of mods than bosses do.

Is a regular Braton best obtained via building it from blueprints or should I use Plat?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just bought the Braton. So I got a logon reward. It was a gun. Kinda looked like a Braton. Can't find hide nor hair of anything indicating what I got. Very hard to figure out...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is there a way to tell stat comparisons or whatever? Like there's this Cronus Blade I can build now, but I have NO idea if its worth 12 hours and 15,000 credits plus valuable parts.

How do I know if it's better than my default Skana sword?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crowbear posted:

Hey guys, I'm still super new at the game but I'm running the PS4 dojo right now, so I'm looking for some advice.

I've got a reactor and a shadow(??) barracks building right now, and I'm wondering what I should focus on building next. Should I go straight to setting up some labs for research? Or is something else worth prioritizing?

2 Questions to whomever, just asking 1 based off Crowbear's post:

1) So to go to/join the clan I need to complete the Clan Key, yes?

2) Fusion and Transmute stuff. (What the gently caress is it? IS there rhyme or reason? How do I make it do stuff I want it to?) I mashed buttons and made one thing but it's for a Chassis I don't have.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is there something I can do to increase starting ammo capacity?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ps4 newbie here. If I wanted blueprints for another frame (I have Excalibur) what would another fun/awesome/badass warframe be?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sleepy Owl posted:

The most entertaining thing was the goon rage from some people

Most of the rare components you need to build a frame won't drop until you get past Earth, and one specifically is from Neptune, Europa, or the Orokin Void.

So you're saying, as a newbie-guy, best bet is to hold off... (Or if I really want a new frame, drop some plat..)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is this patch simultaneous for ps4 as well as PC?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lawlicaust posted:

It takes very little time to get a new frame farmingwise. Just do jackal until you get all three parts of the rhino print. I'll help you get a control module when you need it.

Appreciated. I play after 8:30 pm PST and during the day in my home office when I should be working. (Teehee)

The thing I was thinking was just that Neptune or the Jackal or whatever sounded far off for me, and I was just a little tired of Excalibur.

How far away am I from Jackal? I think I did up to Esper (after Ishtar?) on Venus.

How rare are the 3 parts on Jackal? Am I going to have to run The jackal more than 10 times?

Thanks for the advice. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sleepy Owl posted:

It runs so smoothly it's so beautiful :qq: And then it crashed after the first mission.

Jackal is on Venus :v:
You get a blueprint for a part each time you kill it, but it's random so it might take a while to get all three.

And then after having all 3 it's just a matter of having someone help me get a control module or whatever? Right away? Or do I have to reach a specific map?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm not loving my time with Excalibur and I have limited game time (wife, 11 month old...) so sometimes throwing money at the problem is the best solution.

So if I bought a frame with Plat, is it instantly delivered? Usable immediately?

Where can I read about Mag and Rhino?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I rather like the game. Just was a little bored by Excal's 4 skills.

I'll check Vauban. Rarity is cool but my biggest interest is a fun play style. :)

Thanks a all, for the info.

What is a potato?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lawlicaust posted:

Excalibur starts a bit slow but he's solid with good weapons and skill use. Stack defensive mods, use a Slash Dash a fuckton and you'll have more fun with him. He doesn't really come into his own until you have him pretty modded out.

Last question. Buying a new frame doesn't lock me out of using my old one or it's progress, right?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

chumbler posted:

You will get any plat-bought frame instantly, with the slot and potato. That being said, if you are going to buy a frame with plat, make it either the vauban (pain in the rear end to get normally), banshee (slightly less of a pain in the rear end to get than vauban, but also not all that great), or one of the 75 plat frames, which would be I think loki or mag. The 75 plat are frames are pretty close to being a decent deal because with the potato and slot both being 20 the frame itself only ends up costing 35.

For the record Mag and such are 175 on PS4. (Can't speak to PC...)
(Rhino is XP Locked.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is it me or once you are in the Dojo, the graphics (level *and* your character) get a little better?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What precisely the gently caress is wrong with this game's map navigation on PS4? I go to Earth for example, and press down to go to the next unlocked Map. Moves to Venus. Ooook. I'll press another direction? Venus. How about up? Venus!!! Down? VENUS!

What the hell?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I've been away for a few days, has U11 hit PS4?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I took a break to play other stuff and figured I'd wait until U11 came out for PS4.

Has it yet?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I haven't played in a while (too many good PS4 games) but is this REALLY slow/long loading into matches new with U11? I remember it not being noticeably bad at all...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Also, (not sure it's U11 since I just logged into it on my PS4 for the first time in a while today) Sound is kinda glitchy. Really annoying. Lots of pops & clicks and "Strobing".

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any advice on taking on The Jackal? This is my first attempt. (We wiped.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My first Jackal victory netted me a Rhino Helmet ( blueprint, I guess?) what else do I need? And how frequently do they drop?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man the latency or big that causes bullets to stream at you from thin air because whatever shot you is long since dead is just super annoying.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How do you set waypoints on PS4?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Having the worst luck getting Rhino Systems. :\

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Did someone kindly just try to invite me? I was in the fusion screen and hit Decline. Want to try again?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
No worries. Thanks for the offer. Im mostly just trying to get this stupid Rhino System.

Also I guess I need to find Rubedo and Morphics?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crowbear posted:

I'll be back on in ~20 minutes and could give you a hand with all of that :)

Cool. I'll look for the invite. My son will likely wake up from his nap (and then I have to go) around an hour (or more) from now... but any help you can provide is great.

I really dig this game but between not knowing what the gently caress, and all the gear, it feels like "GRIND THIS poo poo YOU MOTHERFUCKER!: The Game." ;)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Will I see the invite (and where) if I'm in a round already?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

YellerBill posted:

Has the Jackal been really really buggy for anyone else lately? It doesn't move for me, just glides around the arena (and sometimes doesn't fall down when you shoot out one or more legs) and then apparently every time I fight it my HUD freezes because I got from full health/shields to REVIVE? in literally an instant, nothing in between, nothing to tell me that I've been downed and am bleeding out despite me still shooting the Jackal with my primary.

Yes Jackal is buggy for me too a lot.

Crowbear, thanks for Rollin with me. I'm learning. Lots of fun. Yes I had Streamline. Yay.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone know why my Sentinel disappeared mid-match? Was that just a glitch? (I also couldn't swing my sword...)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

sleeptalker posted:

Sentinels can take damage and die (particularly from explosions), and there's a longtime glitch where getting knocked down sometimes disables melee for a few minutes.

Ah, thank you (and you Clocks)

What would be the easiest/soonest place to get an Orokin Cell? I'm gonna need 2.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kessel posted:

Just having the goddamn energy bar and powers in the centre of the screen would be a godsend. That new UI can look like whatever the hell it wants, but it needs to be in the game yesterday.

Seriously...
They could font the UI in Comic Sans and I wouldn't mind, as long as it got more user friendly.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How do I use the keys to the tower thingies I earned?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any high levels on PS4 up right now want to help me get Neural Sensors or Orokin Cells? :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crowbear posted:

I just failed the rank 8 test :saddowns:

Any tips? Other than to not be bad at shooting stuff while wall-running.

I'm logging off right now but I'll be around a bunch tomorrow if you still need that stuff.

Cool. Yeah, sounds good. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I used credits for the akimbo Aklato pistols because I was sick to loving death of the default Lato.

I'm sure I probably overlooked something obvious (or not obvious) but I'm enjoying using them more and things feel like they go down faster...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What are the maps that have pulsing red circles on them? I didn't see any alerts listed for me...