Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
One tip I would share to any newbie is to level up your warframes (especially) or weapons to 30 before getting rid of them, so you don't have to build it again later and grind all the way back up for your mastery points (account exp that unlocks toys).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I think early on the priority should just be on unlocking more missions and areas of the map. Sedna/Kappa is far away for a newb and bosses are probably the best way to farm stuff early on.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

fookolt posted:

How is the Latron these days? I like being able to headshot everything with it but I'm wondering if there are other rifles that I should check out.

Chumbler mentioned it in his edit above your post, but I also want to say that Vectis is really fun. 4x zoom is low enough for mid-range combat which most of this game involves, and it fires at about 0.7s/per with a reload mod. Headshots all day. Also Lex / Aklex are really fun pistols for picking off headshots too. Bows are okay but I don't like the non-hitscan projectiles when enemies move so erratically in this game.

Also the entire Vectis reticule (which transparently covers the screen) turns red on a live enemy so it helps a lot during a big firefight.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Spending a bit of time on this since I haven't played in a couple years. Last time I played Soma was the flavor of the month overpowered primary. I figure it's still pretty good, but is there anything else overpowered that I should grab for the harder missions?

Big mod question. Should I remove mods from 1 weapon or suit so I can use them in another? I'm not sure if they are able to be used in more than 1 weapon at once, and I have so many mods it's hard to tell.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I tried Vay Hek yesterday and lost the first try after some getting stuck bullshit and not knowing his weak spot. Came back with my Rhino + Vectis and curbstomped him. The super high alpha from Vectis closes his mask with 1 shot, and the iron skin from Rhino keeps you from taking any damage at all.

I put in a clan application a couple days ago, but I'm not sure where the invites go on the UI or if an invite has arrived yet. I assume I was purged to inactivity a couple years ago last time I played.