Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I read the first post, but I'm still a little unclear about mods. Should I be hoarding certain mods for weapons down the road? Can you overwrite a mod and if so does that mean I should just fill my slots with whatever I've picked up so far?

I started with Excalibur and decided I don't want a character so focused on melee, is the Vauban frame the first post suggests more of a ranged character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Yaos posted:

I'm doing the first sabotage mission and I can't figure out what we're supposed to do. If we stay where we are they overrun us, and if we move forward there are tons of them in the way. I've yet to see anybody even reach a life support pod.

I made it through once and then at the end of the mission it errored out and said the results couldn't be saved :smith:.

Unless my group was doing something wrong, the second boss was incredibly tough. I got that you shoot it in the legs to get it to be vulnerable, but every time we did that it would take like 5% damage at the very most.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

What is the next weapon I should be looking for after the Braton and is said weapon a schematic drop from somewhere or a schematic I can buy on the market? I went from doing 50% damage playing with newbies who were using the lesser version of the Braton to doing 15-20% damage while I see other players doing 50%. It just feels like I should probably have something else by now, I think I'm around rank 20 with the Braton.

I'm also still using the starter pistol and sword.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Thanks for the weapon suggestions, so far I think I prefer assault rifles/SMG's but it's getting a little stale so I'll give some of the other weapons mentioned a try.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So funny thing, I was asking about weapon advice earlier. Turns out it didn't really matter because for every suggested weapon I'm still not anywhere near being able to craft anything. :smith:

I can't wait for the PC/PS4 crossover play, because I've been kind of stuck not being able to find any players my level.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So I was wanting to farm Jackal for Rhino parts, but everytime I get in there's some random debuff like having no shields or a time limit where you have to kill enemies to get more time. I heard someone mention nightmare mode a few pages back, is this what I'm experiencing and if so how do I turn it off? ( I'm on the PS4. ) Doesn't seem to be any way to change it back.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Anyone who is familiar with the Vauban warframe, is there any reason to use anything other than Vortex? It does a shitload of damage and seems to be better at controlling mobs than bastille. The tesla grenade seems pretty underwhelming and bounce seems pretty gimmicky.

Just wondering if I'm discounting tesla and bastille too early and if there are some scenario's I'm not thinking about. Regardless the frame is worth it just for how awesome vortex is.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So if I'm reading correctly, the armor penetration mods are mostly useless now? That was a lot of wasted money and fusion mods if so :smith:.

Are there any other mods I should avoid upgrading? Might be a stupid question, but I can't go wrong leveling up the +shield, +health, +%shield mods right?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I regret not making this my first crafted weapon. Seriously if you are new you should get this asap. For whatever reason pistol/secondary ammo seems to drop a shitload more than primary ammo so rarely do I ever run out of knives, I've been using the Kunai to level a lovely primary and on top of that it appears to be doing more damage at lvl 15 than my lvl 30 Braton.

The only thing I don't really like about it is that it staggers some enemies so aiming is a little tricky until you get used to that.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So sentinels only get one weapon? My carrier is only rank 17 and the shotgun is almost maxed out.

Also can someone give a quick rundown on what prime weapons are?

Also I donated to the PS4 clan towards the koi pond. I think we are only like 5k of a certain material away.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Is there any kind of trick involved to accept group invites from clan members on the PS4? It kept failing for me last night :smith:.

I've been asking a lot of questions, thanks everyone in the thread for being helpful! I've got another, why does transmute cost 12k? Is it just gambling for the rich?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I had Lethal Torrent drop for my Kunai today :getin:

I also got a Dark Sword blueprint from some alert mission, doesn't look like you can buy it so I'm going to make it for special snowflake points. I also got Flow and Streamline today which I assume will be useful at some point.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Doji Sekushi posted:

Ninja invites mostly. Just jump into our party and say hey. Whatever.

Speaking of, sorry I've missed literally every invite. Warframe is the only game I'm playing so I have a bad habit of just letting it sit idle when I'm not playing.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I really wish this game had dedicated servers on the PS4. Seems like 75% of the time there is a host migration it just flat out doesn't work or it resets all the drops you previously had prior to the new host. Nothing like being on wave 24 of a defense mission only for the host to rage quit even though everyone else was still alive.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Are there any tricks on beating Stalker when he shows up? Also someone mentioned a farming spot for him, is that PC only? I'd really like to get Despair, it's pretty much an upgrade of Kunai right?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I also played Gunz and I agree the controls were pretty awesome. The best way to explain it is just that it felt like it had a great flow to the game, where as Warframe feels pretty clunky. I felt like I was fighting in the Matrix when I played Gunz.

How do you get extractors? I don't remember seeing blueprints on the shop or anything in the dojo.

Also i thought someone mentioned that you can farm stalker somehow, is it possible to do that on the PS4 and if so what mission is it?

Edit: Here's an example of Gunz, feel free to mute the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eLSOxwUrm0

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 3, 2013

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

RoadCrewWorker posted:

There's definitely a few areas where the game does a really poor job of communicating the exact mechanics or where you're not sure what results in failure and what doesn't. I've lost a lot of drops and materials by misunderstanding the specific rules of objectives.

I'm pretty sure I lost a shitload of materials on the freeroam/bounties area. I think I still got the reputation, but lost all the items because I didn't realize you needed to return to the entrance and as far as I can tell there's no direction/indicator for the entrance. Is there a way to pull up the map on Switch and/or a good landmark to go by?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

If I'm going to throw $20bux into the game, is the 370 plat for $20 a better deal or the $20 starter pack that has 300 plat and other stuff? I don't really care about the 3-Day booster, I looked up the "other stuff" and honestly don't know what most of it's for yet.

njsykora posted:

At any point you can press Minus to bring up the large map, and on the Plains (and Vallis when that comes to console) you can hold it down to bring up the advanced map (also how you check the area time/temp) and place custom waypoints. In the plains specifically the best landmark to work from is the giant Orokin tower. It's not always a direct line back to Cetus but it'll get you close enough to spot the gate yourself most of the time.

The minus button, thanks! Sometimes I forget that button exists.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

For anyone else starting out on Switch, there's a code for a free weapon: freesword

Gives you a weapon slot and everything.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Terry van Feleday posted:

Oh my god, I finally have Nova Prime and I am so in love she is the best little fashion queen

You are the prettiest princess. I need to step up my fashion game, I just hit random until it doesn't look terrible.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So I kind of enjoy leveling bad weapons, but am also getting tired of spending 12 plat all the time. If I sell a weapon that I'm never going to use again that I've maxed out, do I keep that mastery progress? Do I get that weapon slot back?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Speaking of Rhino, I know it probably gets asked at least weekly but can someone point me to the build for the credit grinding? Maybe also suggest a halfway type build when I realize I'm probably missing 2-4 of the mods? Also I don't have any prime mods.

Looking this stuff up online is kind of weird, because with different releases and changes seems to be different advice. Seems like some of the wiki's aren't really up to date.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I'm trying to figure out why I haven't unlocked arbitrations and finding conflicting info. I've seen it said that the Arbiters of Hexis will tell me what I have left to do, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The other thing is that the starmap will have a blue glowie for things left I need to do and the only thing glowing on the star map is for Jordas Golem on assassinate, the wiki says this doesn't count. The only non frame related quest I have is The Sacrifice, do I have to finish that first?

Is there some easy way to figure out what/if I have missed something?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

With a long term goal of eventually getting max MR, how deep into weapon leveling am I going to have to get? Like am I going to need to buy and level faction weapons even though I'm not interested in most of them...and even switch/level other factions just for weapons to master? Is MR26 the highest rank you can get because that's the amount of mastery you obtain if you have leveled everything or is there some wiggle room there to make choices?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I accidentally bought a trash throwaway weapon for plat I was intending to buy the blueprint for just for mastery fodder :smith: . 150 plat down the drain. How good is their support for situations like this? I put in a ticket, but I'm on the Switch which hopefully doesn't further complicate things. Just wanting to know if there's a chance I'll get the plat back or I should write it off.

Bonus question, how good can Frost's snow globe get? ( Again considering I'm on the Switch where there's no Primed mods unless you are paying hundreds of plat to PC transfers. ) Like can it get strong enough to be effective against the 3rd mission in sorties or will it always feel paper thin at that point?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I've been looking into building a Trinity Prime specifically for Eidolon hunting. The build I found was running Coaction Drift, does that even do anything for Blessing? Is there anything even worth putting in that spot? I'm already at 155% strength with Transient Fortitude so I don't think Power Drift does anything useful either.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

HundredBears posted:

When hunting Eidolons, the goal is to get as close to 100% armor reduction as you can without stripping armor completely: that way you can stack the 75% damage bonus that radioactive damage gets against alloy armor with the 25% bonus it gets against robotic units while the dolon gets negligible damage reduction. The ideal mix is three Corrosive Projections and some number of Coaction Drifts (maybe two?), and, as you've noticed, Trinity isn't losing much by putting it in her Exilus slot.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes more sense!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Speaking of Atlas, I heard Velocitus can help a lot with that fight? Does anyone have a build that can turn it into a 5-10 minute fight? Took me like 40 minutes the first time I tried to solo it :smith:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Got a Strun riven, hard for me to evaluate these things. Pretty sure it's poo poo:

maxed
+173.6% Projectile Flight Speed
+142.8 Critical Damage
-89.4% Slash

Assuming it's not good as is, is a Strun riven valuable to someone who would want to cycle it? Or is it transmute fodder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So Switch just got a huge Fortuna update and I'm kind of curious about one of my favorite weapons and if it's as bad on PC. They said Arca Plasmor got a fix where weapon damage wasn't falling off at a distance or something. That's fine, but there's no way that was the only change. The projectile got much larger, to the point where it's getting blocked much more by walls and even the floor. At the same time, seems like the area in which the projectile would hit enemies got reduced even while the projectile got larger. I could fairly often and easily hit enemies hiding behind cover aiming in a way they would get hit by the outer part of the projectile.

Is this how it behaves on PC? Did the Arca Plasmor change from an amazing weapon into a kind of ok/above average weapon on PC as well?