Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Today, I killed Lech Kril on my first attempt (ever) -- with a loving Bronco lol.

Also twice I've gotten 1/2 off sale whatevers from... something, went to the market, and forgotten it's a one-time coupon, not a sale, and used up my discount on piddly poo poo :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Today I got a chuckle because I realized the Lotus has a very slight canadian accent, it's adorable.

(During the stolen dreams quest, it hit me with how she said "out" when she said "we're about to find out" in the cutscene before the final dungeon.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Honest question: What's so great about the Nikana? I have one baking now, I just wondered what the hype is.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hah I managed to kill the Stalker for the first time (Thanks Rhino!) so now I have a stance mod for the Nikana that just finished cooking. Noice.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Exactly! Just stay for a few rounds! Did they not see me evaporate hordes of Infested with my throbbing, meaty Arca Plasmor?

Okay, I understood what you said until the end of the sentence. Vauban? Good at something? That string of words doesn't make sense and it feels like you entered a Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction into a DOS prompt.

Fortuna is really, really loving good. The music, the aesthetic (and the a e s t h e t i c), and the storyline is all fantastic, and some of the little beats are simultaneously horrifying and heartbreaking. The Ventkids, for example, were designed to be kinda annoying, but kinda endearing little rascals, and then when you look close you see they're all decapitated horror-cyborgs. Like, the entire time you're seeing these poor, mutilated cyberpunk Dickens novel refugees, all you can imagine is...

Well, most of the time you're imagining how much grinding you're gonna have to do to actually get anywhere. But there's a part of your mind that's gonna look at everything and say, "What the gently caress did the Corpus do to these people?!"

The Grineer may have immortal blood-drinking monster-queens with undying lich servants who steal from you, but the Corpus are the more insidious, villainous faction in my mind. The Grineer can't help what they are as they are biologically altered to be incapable of disloyalty, but the Corpus are locked into a system they absolutely can change but will not, refusing to understand that the pursuit of capital is a fools' errand designed to keep them complacent and obedient even as they throw themselves into the Tenno mulcher for the whims of their leaders.

VOTE BERNIE SANDERS AS HEAD OF THE CORPUS BOARD OF DIRECTORS! G R O F I T!!!

There's a reason Corpus chairmain is named Fraud.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Ironically enough, he's the least horrible out of all of them. He wants to give his son a seat at the board, he believes in recycling, and he understands the necessity of trying to remain on peaceful terms with the Tenno and Grineer. Aside from the hoarding of wealth, he's pretty progressive for a Corp... oh. Oh no.

AYE DIOS MIO! A LIBERAL!

(I'm also pretty sure Nef is short for Nefarious, I mean look at his moustache tattoos.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Somebody was asking about Stealthframes a while back, and I'd like to add Khora to the list because when Venari kills stuff in rescue/spy missions - like sensor drones - it doesn't set off alarms.

Also I found out that if I get the Kavat upgrade to the incubator I can have two cats!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

My lich stole my loving pinecone

You should tweet that at DE.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

My lich stole my loving pinecone

Dr Cheeto posted:

don't touch my goddamn cones

...and they say video games can't have compelling stories. Suck it, Hemmingway.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I wonder if I'll be able to cheese MR9 with Venari, because Venari kills don't set off alarms...

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So just on fashion sense alone I'm going to have to buy Mesa Prime because the nonprime is just.... eh.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Saw this on facebook, immediately thought that this would contain plasmids.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I actually got a chance to play with other people last night*, and it was glorious. We were doing defense on... some place on saturn :shobon: and my Khora actually managed to keep up for all 20 waves even though I forgot to switch over to Corrosive Projection.
At one point, the elevator was at the bottom level and I had my strangledome over the cryopod, and grineer kept jumping down from the top level directly into it. It was a constant gentle rain of grineer parts.

*I'm the primary caregiver for my mom and I often can't play games I can't pause without notice. :(

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Clem.

Edit: Grakata!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

code:
Khora Defense.bas

10 Cast Strangledome
20 Emote "Noble Narta" for 25 seconds
30 goto 10

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

If you've already ranked up in a syndicate, can you rank down if you gain rep with their enemies?

Because I went with Steel Meridian because they were the closest thing to "Unambiguous Good Guys" of the bunch.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jiggle those dognips

Games › Warframe: Jiggle those dognips

Also, which, if any, is the best Archwing to build?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Unperson_47 posted:

I am ready to start jackin'.

PM me.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I actually want to try to get Vauban prime since Vauban was so much fun - he's really powerful as long as he keeps his balls out! :dadjoke:

I have a question about Primes and cosmetics. When I got mesa prime, I got access to the original mesa skin (Which is nice, because Prime's aesthetics clash with a lot of weapons. :colbert:) If I got a Vauban skin, could I use it for Vauban Prime?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

"Awesome, I finally have 50 Iradite so I can build my Archwing Launchcer!"
(REQUIRES ARCHWING LAUNCHER SEGMENT)
(Archwing Launcher Segment requires 50 Iradite)
:catstare:

I do finally have it now.

SIGSEGV posted:

The good news is that you can skin zaws now, the bad news is that my Glorious Hok Steel still loses its sheath on the first attack animation whether I slap a nikana skin on it or not and watching my frame hold onto that naked blade manages to make me not use it. Also there's not that many weapon skins in total.

Fashionframe is very important.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NORTH-HALL posted:

My Paracesis doesn't give a poo poo about sentients no matter their level.

Makes me worry it's just going to completely trivialize the whole new war, tile set, etc.

Edit: also please give us one of the Conculysts baseball bats as a melee weapon DE

I want some Solaris United tools as melee weapons. :(

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Unperson_47 posted:

Give them a Blade & Whip like my precious Jat Kusar, but a crushing hammer in the off-hand and a energy sickle in the main hand. Would be a handy tool to have for shaping, cutting, and welding metal/capitalist oppressors.

I just want one of the Wrench-Hammers they have, and maybe Eudico's welder. I'm really hoping I can get an SU sigil to display on my frame too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

GenericOverusedName posted:

There is a Motherwrench skin for hammers! Whack the taxmen with it!

Guess I know what I'm buying next time I have some plat!

Edit: Also, love your AV.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Never thought I'd say this, but Uranus is not fun to play in.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FunkyFjord posted:

It's almost universally peoples' least favorite.

Things only get better from there, unless you end up hating any of the other four dozen things you haven't done yet.

There's a part of me that wonders if they did that on purpose to curtail Uranus jokes, but hey, DE, Uranus sucks! You really need to fix Uranus, or nobody is going to want to experience the contents of Uranus.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Flytrap posted:

I still don't know how to do Uranus.
first you take me to dinner and tell me my new pants look nice

:yeah:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 18, 2019

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Oh, this is a little late, but a few days ago folks were giving advice to new players, and I had a few:

0.) When you have a discount, remember that it's a coupon not a sale, I made this mistake twice, buying little poo poo rather than the bigger purchase I wanted.
1.) Yes it's free to play, but if you really want to have fun, throw five bucks into it every paycheck, if you can afford it. Potatoes and slots, potatoes and slots, my friend.
2.) Ignore negative advice from bitter old min-maxers. If somebody tells you something is awesome, take their advice. If somebody says that something is horrible garbage poo poo from an actual rear end, ignore it.
3.) Don't hoard poo poo. Don't grind your fun into the ground mastering MK1 weapons. You'll have access to ways to master poo poo in an hour later, don't worry about it now. You'll get more forma, more potatoes, more everything later, so don't be afraid to use them. Throw a potato and a forma into a Gorgon! (I love my big dumb Gorgon.)
3.) Consider buying a frame that interests you, especially if you have a good discount available. I do not regret buying Khora.
4.) As somebody said just recently in the thread, go with fun-but-inefficient rather than efficient-but-boring.
5.) Do as many of the nightwave challenges as you can.

That's all.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Morkfang posted:

You should try time-limit nightmare mode Uranus spy. It's great fun!

I would like to announce that I have gone completely through Uranus, I have been very disappointed in the contents of Uranus, and I don't plan on spending any time with Uranus in the forseeable future. Uranus needs considerable improvement before I would even consider touching Uranus again.

Butthole.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Skeleton King posted:

Disagree on point 2. Very few things are outright crap. Use thing because you enjoy them, not because a spreadsheet says they're best.

I personally use Atlas and Garuda most because I love how they play. No, I don't come out of a mission with 99% of the kills like saryn does and I can't just press 4 and take a nap like Khora, but I'm having a great time because punching fuckers and throwing blood at people is what is fun to me.

Don't end up like everyone else and use catchmoon and arca plasmor. Be a cool guy like me.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but that's exactly what I was trying to say. :)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Good call with the Magnum force. I always forget it exists.

:allears:

I can't wait to try this with Ember, a flaming psycho crusher.

Then I will drop meteors on em.

Yeah, my Ember is currently using Ignis, Atomos, and Silva&Aegis. Ask me about fire!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Can somebody show me a good Banshee build and/or a guide to how to play her? I built her and so far she just seems... meh.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So yeah seems like Banshee's gonna stay in the stable for a while.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im getting kind of frustrated, because I'm close to TWW but I can't do it yet, I have to unlock Pluto to unlock Sedna and apparently I have to do some poo poo at Lua too and fuuuuck I just want my better Spoiler mode dammit.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

They really nailed the "behave like a cat" AI for Venari.

Finally finished building Ivara Prime. I like this color scheme.

This is my Ember color scheme. Neon blue flames. I really like the switch-specific palette they gave away a while back.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Nice, I actually use wisp's animation for my khora.

Mesa Noble animations for everyone, except Mesa who uses Grendel Agile. :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tylana posted:

Hildryn Noble animation set forever.

Harrow Noble works nicely for my Vauban Prime:

(Imagine standing there like that while your little robots and mines kill everything.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I was bored and I was reading a thread from the official forums about the Ember/Vauban rework from before it was released and LOL:

quote:

Nice overall, Except for:
-”Nail Grenade” fires high velocity nails in all directions, inflicting puncture damage to any unlucky enough to be nearby.
Kinda underwelming in contrast with everything else. Can't see myself using it personally.
Viral darts would be way better since that's the only viable option if everything is CCed (no need for puncture if they can't attack) and stripping is already taken care off.

(Nail Grenades kill everything.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

They only post-release made nail grenade damage scale off of enemy levels, at launch they were exactly as lovely as people feared with a side order of okay-ish stagger CC.

With that and orbital strike, Vauban is the first frame whose power damage scales directly with the enemy level itself (as opposed to health based scaling like Oberon's smite or flat percentages like Rev's reave) :eng101:

I think we skipped the lovely stage on Switch and went right to the "I don't want there to be anything alive with line-of-sight to this spot" grenade.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm a PS4 peasant, so we didn't get the hotfix yet.

Try being a Switch serf. :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fuckin' finally.

I literally bought Wisp just to beat that poo poo.

I also (loving finally) started TWW.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Make sure to get stance mods for any melee weapons you can, and an Aura mod for your frame. Even bad stance/auras are better than no stance/aura because stance/aura mods increase your mod capacity.

Also, my personal rule: If it's fun, do it. Don't listen to naysayers!

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

THERE IT IS, HUNTER, THE SYNTHESIS TARGET!