Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is there any easy way to find specific mods? I'm trying to find both damage/multishot mods for my Paris/Kunai, and charge damage stuff so I can get Galatine to do even more stupid damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Fish Noise posted:

As a clone, you will have to choose one of the three starter Grineer: Sawman, Lancer, Scorpion. From there, you'll want to play the tutorial, where you lug around some Void-breaching machinery for Captain Vor, then get horribly slaughtered by a Tenno extraction team.

It'd never happen, but it'd be pretty rad if it was possible to have a mission type where you could play as stock enemies to prevent a team of player Tenno from achieving a goal.

Have it work like Counter-Operative from Perfect Dark. :v:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Schubalts posted:

I didn't know they added 50% platinum discounts to the login rewards over the months. Neat.

There's a 75% one, too.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I thought Radial Disarm was awful until I hit a big grineer survival mission and landed it on 20+ enemies, including 3 heavy gunners.

Then I had a bunch of idiots with sticks chasing me. :v:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Radial Disarm is the funniest goddamn skill in the game in grineer defense and I will accept no argument.

Hitting 20+ dudes and running around in Yakety Sax mode while they try to tase you is glorious.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you're having trouble aiming with the Lex, you're not going to have a good time with the Sicarus.

If it weren't for the neurode requirements, I'd suggest the Bronco. I'm using the duals now and oh my god they're the most effective thing I have.

Also, the Grakata changes have made it go from a joke weapon that wasn't even putting out numbers in a lot of cases to a scary bullet hose.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Washin Tong posted:

You'd need 4 players with the Lapis Antitoxin (that one gives 25 points, the worst antitoxin only gives you 10 and there's no 50 point AT) or just one guy with the vermillion (100 points), remember that the game only logs your highest score per mission, not the sum of all your mission scores. If you do things right, only one farmer and one mission is required to complete the event for four people.

The "fun F2P" part was when the 100 point antitoxin didn't exist, so you went on a 4 man Lapis party and one guy forgot to equip his flask, stopping the mission at 75 points and wasting everyone else's time and materials :v:.

Metroid Prime: poo poo Edition is a thing that should be avoided and the person who farmed up the vermilion AT for my group is a saint. The defense is also the first time where my health's been relevant, due to eviscerators constantly proccing Slash.

How in the hell are people affording maxing Serration/Redirection/Hornet Strike? Like, is there some place that's good for farming Rare 5 cores?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

QuantaStarFire posted:

With all the credit rewards being given out via invasions and the like, couldn't you just throw mountains of credits and common cores at it?

I have enough credits to swim around in them like Scrooge McDuck from all the invasions and there is no amount of common cores that will even make a dent in even my level 4 Serration.

And I don't have mountains of common cores, anyway. I'm kind of tempted to farm up Necros and find an Infested defense to galatine/desecrate on.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

seiferguy posted:

Get a volt. I know the OP says not to buy most warframes but the volt is only 75 plat, and it comes with a slot and a reactor, which cost 20 plat a piece. It was very much worth my purchase.

Volt, Zorencoptering, Speed, and a low gravity Nightmare mission provided me with the greatest launch in the game's history.

Also, if you want Nightmare mods easy, watch for Unda on Venus to be a nightmare mission. If you have Loki and some power duration mods, you can make it through without firing a single shot.

I ran it until I had everything I wanted except Hammer Shot. :v:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Jesus christ, Penta. I just made it to Wave 15 of an Orokin Derelict defense mission by pointing the gun at the cryopod and pushing the trigger a lot.

I only stopped then because I thought it was offering me a boar prime part I didn't have.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Duggler posted:

Ignis rocks. Feel like once I get a catalyst and a few forma into it I will be burning the poo poo out of everything in my way.

Pretty cool that I can set it up to take on each faction most optimally for each level

I thought the Ignis was pretty bad at the beginning, but holy poo poo, it takes off. I really want Rifle Ammo Mutation for it.

Mine's 5 formaed and is probably my second best weapon.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I have learned an important lesson.

Do not use Vortex on capture targets. It may make them easy to shoot to death, but there's a chance it fires them through the geometry and they're gone forever.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

seiferguy posted:

What's the going rate for a max serration? I saw a guy offering 900 plat for a max one which made me want to dump everything I had into my current one to get it there but I have neither the credits nor cores to do it.

I've seen someone offering one for a hundred plat, but it got snatched up pretty quick.

Serration takes 147 of a core that's twice as good as the current best in the game to max.

edit: My Penta just went from 2k and change up to quite a bit over 5k from upgrading from 75% to 90% on Serration.

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 1, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

zgrowler2 posted:

Wikia has all the relevant info. Best way to get things done is to build one vermilion antitoxin (100 pts) and take a group (or tag along with one). Do not rush to buy one, vermilion runs will be plentiful in the last days of the event. Second best way is to run with four people each possessing a lapis anti-toxin (25pt ea.).

Frost is mandatory. Rhinos and Novas and Vaubans to kit out. Nyx may or may not help since the enemies will murder you if you're in range.

Frost isn't mandatory. The biggest thing my group had to worry about was Eviscerators, since the end of the defense makes them do brutal bleed damage.

We had Ash/Nova/Loki/Vauban and pulled it off without any damage.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Duggler posted:

Any essential mods for the Penta? So far I'm just rocking serration and spilt chamber. Though I'm thinking spilt chamber doesn't work so well, will probably replace with firestorm

Firestorm, wildfire, split chamber, serration, cryo rounds, hellfire, heavy caliber, fast hands.

:v:

You can probably solo the first 40 waves of ODD without moving with that setup. I don't have heavy caliber, maxed serration, or a maxed cryo rounds on it and it's oneshotting everything but ancient healers at around that point. Those take two whole shots, or one if you impact them with the projectile.

If you need to powerlevel someone, this would be a ridiculous way to do it. The only obstacle is mind numbing boredom.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Join pubgame, throw Vortex at capture target. Leave. Repeat.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Drakgoon somehow manages to have reliable bouncing, which is bizarre in a game where jumping and running on a wall sometimes catapults you off into the distance at random.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Synastren posted:

:siren:
Detonite injector up for grabs from Infestation on Arval (Mars)!
:siren:

Unprecedented, as far as I know!

I didn't make a single Detonite Injector/Mutagen Mass/Fieldron for any of my stuff so far, and I've got multiple weapons that use each :v:

If you're on PS3 and you're excited about this, welcome to the world of lazy.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Cainer posted:

Any tips on making the Ignus into a killing weapon? I just threw a blue potato on it and its level 24 at the moment. Also got the Castanas built and loving the crap out of them, going to actually have to invest in some secondary mods for once.

Edit: How does split chamber work on the Ignis? Per trigger pull or per ammo used?

Ignis should just be constantly fed potatoes until you notice that everything in the cone just starts dying.

Mine's at 5 and until you get to really loving high level stuff, it's just wave the cursor around and watch experience numbers pop out. The only weapon I have that's more deadly is the Penta.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

FYI, "potato" isn't a forma, it's an Orokin reactor/catalyst (you can only have one on a gun).

It's been a while since I've played. :downs:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I haven't played since Valkyr, what'd I miss?

My standard Ignis is impossible now so I did the autoconfig on Config B and it still ended up stronger than the impossible variant.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Man it's weird to see things be completely immune to my Ignis. I just got raided by a squad of Arbiters and I actually had to use my Galatine.

Back in my day, Blast Damage was enough for anything. :(

Is there anything that's worth a ton of platinum and easy to fence that I might have from Ye Olden Days?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Emalde posted:

Rhino Prime

:negative:

I got excited for a second but it's Mag Prime I have 3/4 of the parts for. I also have all but one part of Boar Prime, but dang, I want it.

I'm upset that I missed the free Dex Sybaris.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Daaaaang warframe.market is nice. I picked up Hikou Prime (entirely, minus the Orokin Cells) for 30 platinum and the last part of Boar Prime I needed for 19.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Man I need to update all my weapons. Things have changed so much.

for right now I think I need to mainly focus on getting mastery up because daaang Rakta Cernos looks nice.

I made some Hikou with Throw Fast + Throw Fast And Throw More + Throw Even More + Concealed Explosives and they are extremely hilarious and irresponsible and I love them.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I was incredibly disappointed when I found out that Hikou Prime were slower than Hikou because dang what's the point of Hikou that don't throw stupid fast

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SectumSempra posted:

go for the pistol mod that increases multi barrel and speed they are thrown

toss on concealed explosive.

lol.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261594144866443374/D62F1B7E510069B23701478F71D18703A896042F/

This is what i was already using. I affectionately refer to them as suicide stars, because anything running in front of me will make me instantly gib myself.

I tried to do a raid mission with my friends earlier and jesus christ I could barely hurt level 71 Grineer. I brought a Corrosive/Blast Ignis and it was functionally useless, and to kill things with Galatine I was having to hop up and down to cycle between ground finishers and knockdowns. The stars were somehow doing okay, which gives me hope for them once I max out Hornet Strike with this newfangled Endo system. Unfortunately, with Lethal Torrent and Gunslinger, I was pretty much just throwing the entire bag of stars at once and ran out super fast even with pistol mutation.

is there an irc besides the synirc one at this point or does just barely anyone use irc

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 28, 2016

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I still hate how Defense rewards work.

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 28, 2016

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SectumSempra posted:

Void missions literally just aren't worth it anymore, yet they didn't down tune them at all, so its still poo poo, and in some cases more difficult, (the 4 tower equivalents instantly spawn enemies that would appear later on in the missions, like bombards) but the rewards are less than a joke. They could have thrown people a bone and left some older items in there or at least credits.

What's your suggestion on farming Argon crystals?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Huhn, something's slightly off about my Volt build. It''s about nine hundred days old, and I think something might have changed since then.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
What's the best Ignis setup for Infested? It feels like Ancients just don't care no matter what I throw in there.

I've tried Blast, Gas, and Corrosive+Heat so far.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

wid posted:

What level enemies? Ignis is powerful but it doesn't scale far into the 60-70s.

Akkad is my general go-to, I think. I could try going down a few levels.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

b00n posted:

Corrosive/Heat is best against Infested, Ancients are just a pain to deal with no matter what.

Bleh, I might need to drop Combustion Beam and see if Heavy Caliber is enough to turn the tide, then. Aside from them, I can do Akkad running in a tiny window alone without needing to pay much attention, and it is good credits. :(

edit: here is the newest iteration

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 3, 2016

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Anyone got a 75% code? I just got a 50% and I want plat but... eugh, 50%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Yo Helter, can you somehow send my guild Goatsquad an invitation to join the alliance?