Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Oh man, this freaking game. Gotta love some Space Rambo Ninjas.

What's a good upgrade from the Braton Vandal? I love the way it handles but would like a change of pace.

If you want to try something different, pick up a shotgun. Hek if you have the mastery level, sobek or strun otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Sobek's Mastery Locked too. I'm only rank 2 in, like, a good 20+ hours of play so I'm not exactly sure how the hell I'm supposed to get there anytime soon.

Strum isn't really impressing me either. Maybe it's just because it's a new gun and my Braton was rank 28.

Most weapons aren't too impressive early on. They start to shine after you get a couple mods into them.

As for increasing your Mastery rank, that comes from leveling up gear (warframes, weapons, sentinels), so if you're holding onto anything that's rank 30 that you don't really like, equip something else (but of course, don't walk around with everything low-ranking, either).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I dunno, the Ignis is about the only rifle I've used so far that I like at least as much as shotguns (haven't made the Flux Rifle yet), and I don't play enough shooting games to feel that I have a preference for shotguns, so I don't know if I would go so far as to say you have to really like them to want to use them.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Cryophage posted:

I've been away for awhile; is the ignis actually good now?

Oh yes. As mentioned, it totally ignores any obstacles. I've got mine on its third forma, and I only made it a week or so ago (I don't play a whole lot, either).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Have they mentioned anything about fixing Antimatter Drop for clients, or should I just forget about it for my Nova? Also, why the gently caress are the ice damage mods two points less than the other two types??

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It got skipped in deference to my other question, so I'll ask again: has DE said anything about fixing Antimatter Drop performance on clients, or should I just ignore it for the foreseeable future?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Yaos posted:

Yeah, meant survival. :) I did not realize it's not a mandatory mission, I just finished the first boss and I didn't see any other missions past it unlocked but survival, I'll have to look again. Right now I have pretty much nothing so that explains why it's so hard to do.

If you've beaten a boss, you should be able to move on to the next planet.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Coldbird posted:

To my knowledge, it hasn't even been mentioned as an issue. They either don't know it's an issue, have tabled it for later, or - if you ask me, most likely - they know about it but fixing it would require a serious overhaul of their netcode.

They need to do that for a number of other reasons anyway, but it's probably a big project that could impact a ton of things beyond that one power,

Ok, that makes sense.

quote:

bored PS4 sociopaths
Haha, what?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

Dual Zorens are also great if only for their utility aspect as a means to helicopter around the map at ridiculous speed.

They're especially fun when you get that occasional, inexplicable super-boost and suddenly you're at least twice as far as you'd thought you'd be, or pin-balling off of some obstacle.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

mechanicalFactory posted:

when I'm not powering through enemies, bosses, and generally the entire map in my Rhino.

I love my Rhino so loving much. I just got done leveling a Nova, and while I enjoyed the combination of maxed Null Star + Carrier w/Sweeper meaning I could walk through the levels I'm trying to farm without farming a shot, nothing compares to just flat-out ignoring almost any enemy.

Crowbear posted:

Ok, so if I wanted to carry on with rifles instead of shotguns what would the next step up from a Braton be?

Most people will recommend the Boltor, but I never really enjoyed it. I didn't feel like it was doing much damage, even at rank 30 with a potato, and it didn't seem to be pinning mobs to anything very often. However, that's likely the only worthwhile rifle you can get before you can build a Soma, so I guess that would be the one to go for.

Feenix posted:

Is there something I can do to increase starting ammo capacity?

Ammo drum is basically it. You can also get a Rifle Ammo Mutation mod which will allow you to convert some ammo of a non-rifle type to rifle ammo.

hooah fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 20, 2013

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sweetgrass posted:

Got a weird issue on the PS4 version (or just some ui nonsense that I can't figure out), I've been doing Jackal runs for Rhino blueprints and I'm trying to sell off some excess helmet ones for quick credits, but whenever it goes into the prompt asking me to select how many I would like to sell there's no way to get it to ok the amount. I can't hit ok or cancel, all I can do is press circle and back out of the prompt while doing nothing, anyone else encountering this?

Yeah, someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the selling multiple things bit of the UI is broken for the PS4. Sorry.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

DelphiAegis posted:

Redtext making U11 jokes. I wanted spray tans and tenno slippers.

Any good ones? I usually find the red text pretty entertaining when I do happen to catch it.

Edit:

Feenix posted:

Ps4 newbie here. If I wanted blueprints for another frame (I have Excalibur) what would another fun/awesome/badass warframe be?

Get Rhino and :black101: the gently caress out of the game.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Wow, fantastic. I just tried to do the 8->9 test, and accidentally threw a decoy right away instead of hitting invis. Decoy kept me getting detected until I had 0 tries left, at which point I became visible and was immediately spotted. :wtf:

As for the update, how do we actually equip and use the scanner? It doesn't show up in the gear list like an ammo pack would, and I couldn't find a key binding for it. Does it replace a weapon or something?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Doji Sekushi posted:

2 questions:

1 - Where do my login rewards go? Two days now it's showed me a pistol as my reward but have nothing new in my inventory.

You probably just got the "XP for your secondary" award, not an actual pistol. It's kind of confusing, yes.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Couple of questions: How do you equip a scanner? And have they said anything about an overall reward for this event like the last one?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Piell posted:

Buy it in the market, equip it in a gear slot, bind a key to that gear slot. There's no reward other than a badge (and battle pay, of course).

I figured something like that, but after I bought it, it wasn't showing up anywhere. I guess I'll try again; it's only 500 credits.

Edit: Nope, the market says I have 25 of the suckers, but they don't show up in my inventory anywhere. WTF, DE.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

Go to your arsenal. Select the Gear button in the bottom left. Select one of the 8 slots there. Click the scanner. Click Equip.

Oh, poo poo. Duh. I haven't equipped gear in so long I'd forgotten that that's what I have equipped, not what I have available.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Ciaphas posted:

How is the controller support in this game's PC version? I'd like to give it a go, but my PC is in couch+TV mode and KB+M is kinda inconvenient :(

I found it inconvenient, but then I didn't futz around with button remappings all that much. As long as you can get a mapping that works for you, though, I think the support's there.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Did anyone catch that 13k+ credit reward earlier today? :pwn:

hooah fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 22, 2013

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm having strange things happen with Stomp and downed enemies - Stomp seems to be able to target a limited number of mobs now and the range seems shorter. With enemies that are either ragdolled or knocked down, I've noticed that I can still pump ammo into them and get damage numbers popping out until my magazine runs out. Is anyone else seeing these?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
drat, they weren't kidding about upping the credit rewards - one just hit on Ceres for 15,800!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

JackMackerel posted:

Does fire rate do anything for an Ignis? I'm trying to find something to fill in the last ten mod levels.

I'm not sure, but I have noticed that if you have fire also bound to mouse wheel down, you can shoot a lot faster that way than holding down the left mouse button.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Why did they decide it's a good idea to put huge, ugly glowing trails on the Despair? It looks terrible.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

katkillad2 posted:

So I was wanting to farm Jackal for Rhino parts, but everytime I get in there's some random debuff like having no shields or a time limit where you have to kill enemies to get more time. I heard someone mention nightmare mode a few pages back, is this what I'm experiencing and if so how do I turn it off? ( I'm on the PS4. ) Doesn't seem to be any way to change it back.

Yeah, sounds like nightmare mode. And until U11 hits for PS4, you can't turn it off, you can only wait until it goes away (a few hours?).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Fish Noise posted:

Sometimes you don't even need to say a thing, just go up to the fish and stare at it silently, and the next thing you know, the entire dojo is there too.

Wow, that fish is a talented swimmer! It can jump backwards!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Holy poo poo am I sick of scanning Ospreys!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Also if anyone is stuck on the mastery rank 9 test, I was kinda amused to find that you can use psychic bolts to instakill all the enemies from range and it's silent so they'll never detect you.

I took someone's advice from a page or two ago and used my Rhino. Stomp wins everything.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Do sentinels normally rank up very slowly? I just did a lower-level survival and my Ignis went from something like 25-27, but my Shade only went from 6 to 7.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Pierson posted:

Yep. Very little you can do about sentinel levelling. If you need need need the mastery from them you can go to cyath or some other mobile defence with a full squad and level it via squad exp but it's still slow.

Helter Skelter posted:

Weapons take something like 300k XP to get to 30, while frames/sentinels take around 900k or so. So yeah, that's normal.

Thanks. This being said, is Shade worthwhile at all? I only have Ghost on there currently, and it seems like it doesn't work too reliably. Sometimes it'll cloak me before I'm up in a dude's face, but other times I can be standing benignly next to a mob, not being cloaked.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

Yeah, Shade is pretty decent. Ranking up Ghost will let it activate farther away from enemies. Something to keep in mind is that it does have a short cooldown of 5 seconds or so, and it breaks when you attack with a weapon (but not if you activate one of your powers). So if it tries to activate while you're mid-stab or something, it'll break immediately and restart the cooldown.

You'll also want to put Ghost in the top-right slot (put Guardian in the top-left) since sentinels prioritize their ability usage based on their placement. If you put your sentinel's attack mod (Revenge, in this case) in the top-left slot, it'll prioritize shooting over cloaking you or restoring your shields, which is obviously not optimal.

I didn't know about the cooldown, but I knew about sentinel priorities and all that. It just seems that I'm often not being cloaked when I should. However, I've noticed that if I'm firing my Ignis, he'll sometimes cloak me while I'm still firing, as if he only cares about decloaking for the initial attack.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does this event seem more laggy than regular games? Especially the red dots on the minimap - half the time they're inaccurate.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

zgrowler2 posted:

Is the buff permanent or only within a level?

I think he meant that it helps you figure out what a given enemy is weak against in general, rather than actively buffing anything.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Cowcaster posted:

Where's the hot spot to get orokin cells these days? Rubedo? Void Keys? The warframe wiki seems to be a bunch of outdated hearsay and superstition.

I've been having success running survival missions on Saturn. Staying for 20-25 minutes will get me one or two.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

This game really does have some of the best bugs :allears:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Has anyone else lost the little red + on the minimap when a squadmate goes down? I was doing a survival run on Saturn yesterday hoping for a Cell or two, and when I got the message that someone went down, I had to swivel around, looking for their bleed-out bar to actually find them.

Also, have the Grineer Bombards' missiles always been homing?

Edit:
Also, had the Stalker target a squadmate in one of the event missions last night. Holy poo poo, the rear end in a top hat took everyone down before he left. He was going through my Iron Skin as fast as I could cast it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Did they change how Stomp works? I swear every time I use it, there's some random Runner or Leaper that didn't quite die, even though mobs further away from me than this particular one did die.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
You must prove yourself worthy for the Rotofish to reveal itself to you.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Khorne posted:

I don't get why armor matters. Nothing hurts after damage 2.0. And everything dies. Even level 50 guys die in a single soma shot now.

What mods do you have on your Soma? I'd been re-leveling my Ignis after a forma, but I did try out the Soma for a round or two and it didn't seem nearly as good as it was before.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
There's mention of "Explosion" damage in the hotfix notes. Is that the same as blast, or did they make some new type?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Speaking of mumble, why did we switch to that from TeamSpeak? Not that it really effects me except that the mumble download is really loving slow.