Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
You can use any mod in multiple weapons/frames* so no need to horde them. Except of course there is every reason to horde them...

So for example you can have 12 different rifles and put same +damage mod you have been ranking up for weeks in all of them.

* The exception is sentinel weapons. Your sentinel is a pet you can craft and it has its own weapon. So if you make the deathcube it comes with a rifle and you cannot have the same exact mod in both your primary Rifle and your sentinels rifle. To be specific you cannot have the same mod equipped in anything twice and your sentinels gun counts as your equipment.

So is it worth saving mods for your sentinels gun? Yes! Jesus i wish i knew this when I started!

If i was starting over I would never fuse a rare weapon mod to another rare weapon mod of the same type till I had a third one. Always keep an extra unranked weapon mod if you only have two of them. Some day when your reading wikis trying to grind on 2 % drop chance missions to get a mod you found two of in week one in order to put it in your sentinels gun because your a damage sperg lord: you will thank me for this advice.

Honestly i wouldnt fuse any uncommon mod to another uncommon of the same type till I get three or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
so I have no experience with ember but general consensus was it was trash? The speculation that an ember prime would lead to a rebalance of ember like mag was going around. Did they fix Ember?

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Is the embolist the same as the ignis in that the pistol equivelent of heavy calibur does not have an effect on accuracy?

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Anyone want to weigh in on endgame sentinel gun dps? I have started formaing my death machine rifle but i'm not so sure its better than formaing my sweeper or the Djinn weapon?

Any min/max perspectives?

Also is fired up worth using with a sweeper?

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Fruit Chewy posted:

Alright, thanks! I picked up the carrier for now, but i'll take a look at the other stuff later. Luckily I've been getting basically only fusion cores to drop, so while I might have no mods for my weapons, I can definitely upgrade this thing.

What are some sort of early/mid game goals? I've been working up through venus towards the boss at the top but I'm not really sure what I should be heading for frame/equipment wise. I'm looking for a nimble, high damage, not necessarily terribly tanky sort of playstyle (currently running excalibur). Is there a frame or some weapons that I should start trying to gather the materials for?

High damage and nimble you really can't beat a Nova but depending on weather you are willing to get some help and skip ahead a bit that might be a tough one to aquire in the early game.

Nova has an ability that i'm convinced was created on some kind drunken developer truth or dare sleepover.
Dramatic reenactment:
"Truth or dare Developer Dan?"
"Dare"
"I dare you to make an ability that makes most other damage abilities redundant and useless developer dan!"
"Cool I'll give nova an ultimate that slows all enemies in a radius and they take 200% damage from everyone!"
"Ohh snap that seems awesome mabye we should tone it down to 100% damage though?"
"Nah I'm not done yet man, then when they die thay explode doing massive damage you can increase with mods to all nearby Enemies!"

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Alteisen posted:

So how should I be building my trinity?

Other than the full restore/invisibility thing, the rest don't look to be to useful.

If you want to go full invincible ignore the first two abilities. You need the third one though, it keeps you from getting knocked down which is the only real way to die once you have enough duration and efficiency to get almost full uptime on blessing. The trick is to understand that you cant cast blessing while a previous blessing is active. So you end up with 1.5 seconds of recast time every invuln cycle. Doesn't sound bad in theory but in practice during endgame content that 1.5 secs is like an eternity of time to get knocked down and piled on.

By layering ability 3 in your blessing rotation you can ensure that no matter what you can recast blessing when it runs out.

Other than that i build for max duration and efficiency mods for power then max health and very little shields. WIth rage you can always get energy back up if you somehow start to get low, but in practice you never get that low with Energy siphon and 75% efficiency cap.

Finally understand that doing the above is pointless for 90% of the content your just trading killing speed for unneeded survivability. However if you're the type of player that never wants to die or just needs to see what an hour deep t3 survival run feels like have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Haven't been active for a long time and got some questions.

Is raiding something doable in PUGs? I finished the sorties in a pug are raids similar?

It looks like people suggest farming cores from the t3 extraction missions for example the infested on one Pluto ect. Is there a faster more reliable way?

Anybody go out of there way to farm anything specifically for plat trading or is it just sell whatever you happen to get along the way?