Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

Well poo poo, she looks sweet as hell. I don't care what her powers do, she's in my arsenal in white, pink and turqoise, day however-long-it-takes-to-farm-up-her-parts.

Good to see I'm not the only one who uses the greatest color scheme ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Another thing to keep in mind for console players as a reason to not buy a Warframe with platinum is once they allow account migration to PS4 I assume a few of us with lots of good stuff unlocked will be switching over, and we can help you easily farm any frame you want aside from Vauban and maybe Nekros. It takes about 4 days to craft them but farming the actual blueprints for a boss takes no time at all with a geared out person running you through whatever zone it is you need.

And personally as far as spending platinum goes, I have only bought slots and catalysts. You end up getting plenty of Orokin reactors through alerts but it's likely you will end up wanting at least a few catalysts once you settle on 3 weapons you like, and it's always fun to have a varied loadout.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Have they not updated void key drop "tiers" yet? I remember before it was something like level 15-29 missions drop tier 1 keys, 30-45 drop t2, 45+ drop t3 and so on (or something along those lines) and Xini was great for t3 keys since it could drop them from wave 5 onward. Now I've run xini a few times and I have never seen anything above a t1 drop and I used to NEVER get anything but tier 2-3 stuff off it but the enemies listed levels are around 20 or so to start.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Does adding a puncture damage mod not add puncture damage to weapons that don't have any by default now? I have had piercing hit on my ignis for ages but looking at it now it does nothing on the tooltip and taking it off didn't have any noticeable effect on my damage during matches.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Valkyr seems fun so far but man is she bad. One thing I haven't noticed people bring up about her though is that while her awful stun ability may only cost 5 energy on top of the shield cost, but it effectively costs 25 energy on defense missions or others where you stick to the same area since the instant you use it you will be picking up any nearby blue orbs anyhow, making it no more spammable than any other first slot ability. I really wish there was a threshold where you would not pick up energy orbs until you are down a full 25 energy. It becomes an issue more often than you'd think too, since by higher waves if you don't have a decent energy reserve lying around on the ground you can run out fairly fast, which is going to happen if you are picking up an energy orb every time you use the 5 energy stun.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Murodese posted:

Are Kunai etc recommended even for Excalibur frames?

For the most part, guns that are good for one class are going to be the same for another, so yes.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Has anyone found a spot that drops T3 Capture keys after U11? I need 1 more blade for my Orthos Prime and cannot get a key to drop for the life of me. They used to drop on Xini for me rarely but I've run it a number of times since the patch with no luck.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Man, I was all excited that I would be able to xfer my Pc character to PS4 today now that 11.0 is out, and then they release 11.1 on PC so it s till isn't in sync?. I really want to play this on PS4 since my friends that never tried it on PC are playing it there now, you would think the character copy thing would be a bit of a priority for them to get up and running.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Well that's even worse then, at this rate it will be months before I can copy my account over.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

Dont sign your posts.

What sort of idiot thinks the proper way to fix a game is to cripple BOTH versions? Console certification testing has been going on forever, and DE was honest about the certification crap from the beginning. If you want to play Warframe properly use a PC, otherwise you're getting at best a week+ old version, including persistent bugs that would have been fixed within a half hour on PC. It shouldn't be bad for both of us just because you're on a new system. It should only be bad for you, my thing that has worked flawlessly since the game launched should not be affected by your new thing and the desire for parity. It's an impossibility within the current patch/update system and you were silly for thinking it could happen flawlessly.

This guy knows what's up.

I could personally give a poo poo less if PS4 is fully up to date with PC patches in a general sense, but they have an account migration thing that will only work when the 2 are in sync so yes it really does gently caress those of us over who would like to transfer our stuff to PC. They made it sound like it would be something that would happen shortly after release instead of "never" or "months down the line" .

He isnt an idiot for thinking they should "cripple both versions", and it's not unreasonable for them to maybe hold off on releasing a non-urgent patch for a week or 2 to get them in sync so those of us who would like to actually play the game on PS4 instead of PC as we were lead to believe would be able to do so. You aren't entitled or owed anything because you play the game on PC and the game has been out longer on PC, and nobody is going to be hurt by a slight delay in a patch unless it's to fix something gamebreaking. Acting like someone is an rear end in a top hat because they would like to actually play with their console friends is pretty dumb, and it's pretty dumb it's a month past release and people still cannot copy their characters (and are even further from being able to do it patch-wise than we were at release).

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The Shadowrun FPS that launched Games for Windows Live had it - cross-platform play was actually one of the big selling points for GfWL originally. It was so bad that it resulted in GfWL going from an XBL-style sub service to a free social/DRM platform and cross-platform dying there and then.

That game was garbage but even if it had been a great game that was still a bad idea. Having PC players fighting console players in a competitive FPS is such a dumb idea.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Echophonic posted:

Ok, so I built a Nyx, now what the hell do I do with it? I've heard it's really good in defense missions, but I still don't understand the playstyle after a few hours. Like, I get that it's a support class, but my allies (pubbies, at least, my clan's getting better about it) just murder my mind controled targets and everything's dead before Absorb goes off half the time. Chaos is superbly useful, but honestly, I'd rather just throw a Bastille down and just murder things with a shotgun.

The nice thing about Chaos is it has an enormous range. If you want you can throw on corrupted mods and get it to the energy efficiency cap and still have good duration and range too so it's more spammable, and in my opinion it's the best CC ability in the game. Bastille and Vortex are great versus infested but Chaos has a big enough AoE that it's great against Grineer and Corpus too. She really is a one trick pony though. Mind Control is mostly pointless when Chaos hits everything in the area for triple the energy cost, her number 2 ability is about the most useless thing in the game, and Absorb is really situational and rarely worth casting over Chaos. She's a great frame though, I actually prefer her to Rhino and Nova for the most part.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Another downside about Absorb I haven't seen mentioned is that it is pretty awful versus infested if there are ancients around. If you end up with a few Toxic Ancients beating on you during it and they die, you end up taking a shitload of damage instantly from the poison when it wears off, usually even if you try to get out of there ASAP. Coupled with the fact that its AoE is pretty small which makes it much less useful against ranged enemies and it's basically never worth using over Chaos outside of the Stalker and probably some bosses.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Echophonic posted:

I know! What the hell? I try to get the most gnarly monster I can (toxic ancient, minigunner, etc) and they just get murdered straight up while other monsters kill that player.

Does kind of seem like I need to pick whether I want to juice up Absorb or Chaos/Mind Control. Thanks for the input everyone!

At least people get on the train with the Vauban's "these are cool for now, murder them once everything else is dead." Also, it gets people's attention because my energy on the Vauban is hot pink. :sparkles:

So far I've run a Excalibur (didn't really like it), a Rhino (:hellyeah: Rhino), a Vauban (:science: fantastic), and a Nyx (neat, but not amazing). What's a good next frame to mix it up? I was looking at the Nova, it looks really neat. I think a bit burst damage character would do the job, but I'm open to suggestions.

Nova is really fun. I don't play her much because my friend generally does and Chaos+Mprime is a great combo but she is by far the best frame in the game for dealing damage, and even when the explosion damage part of the ability falls off it's still great as a huge AOE slow/damage taken debuff.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
You have to level it fully for each forma since you can only forma them when they are maxed out. I think to get the full potential of the weapon you need 5 or 6 formas. I have 5 now but once I max out serration I will need more, I don't know if I have my polarities set up optimally though so you might be able to do it with 5?.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Valkyr really is fun as hell, I just wish they made her a bit...better, since she is pretty worthless outside of using her ultimate. It's like she was intentionally designed to be poo poo outside of using it with so many melee oriented skills but with poo poo durability that makes her unable to really take advantage of them.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Weremacht posted:

a lot of nyx's utility comes from really high level end-game stuff where you can't just mash 4 to murder everything on the map. considering this means like, 40+ minute survival and like wave 30+ endgame defense, it doesn't come up all that often but like ~hardcore warframers~ will continue to talk about how awesome chaos is (to be fair it is really awesome for that)

Yea, she really isn't a worthwhile/fun frame on easier stuff, but good lord does she make the higher level stuff a ton easier. You can pretty easily keep chaos up at all times in a high level defense mission, on stuff in a huge radius. My friend and I often duo and have cleared defense levels high enough level that it takes like a minute to kill tougher mobs because they all just dick around fighting each other. Absorb is probably really good for damage later on too since it scales off damage taken, I just tend to go the easy route and make everything stand around for 20 seconds.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Carecat posted:

Eight T3 Captures used. Zero Ember Prime Parts.

:smithicide:

drat that sucks dude. Where did you get those T3 captures at though? I have been looking for them myself for my last Orthos Prime blade and have had 0 luck finding them since the patch.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Some good news for people like me who are looking to copy their PC stuff over to PS4 https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130116-information-and-faq-pc-to-ps4%E2%84%A2-account-migration/page-10#entry1932962 . It looks like we will be able to copy our account soon even if they aren't in sync.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

hexic posted:

I think you'll enjoy Rhino. He's probably the best warframe in the game at the moment.

He really is, and nothing really feels unbalanced on him either. He just has a really nicely balanced set of skills that are all powerful, I wish every frame was as well done as Rhino. When I play Nova she feels less powerful than Rhino while at the same time feeling more unbalanced/OP, it's weird.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Have they elaborated much on how "melee weapon as your primary" is gonna work? I think it would be cool as hell if they made the old "melee" slot a sort of "always accessible with E" weapon slot instead, so you could DMC style shoot dudes while slashing them up. Not that the melee is likely to end up being that inspired.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Man, another PC patch, and still no god drat character copy to PS4. I can understand it not being out right at release but jesus it has gotten a bit ridiculous at this point, I dropped 50 bucks on the game on PC back in the day after hearing my account would be able to copy over and have a ton of poo poo unlocked but at this rate my friends are going to be burnt out on the game by the time I can actually play with them on PS4. I could have sworn they said last week at some point that it would be in early this week.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
They said that 2 weeks ago but I am pretty sure they posted an update to it last week. Oh well, just venting I suppose, I've just been very disappointed in how most of the F2P ps4 games have been handled so far but I guess this isn't really the place to bitch about that.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
it seems to add a really small amount of your weapon stats for some reason. I do roughly the same damage with a maxed out Scoliac that I was doing pre-patch, so it's kinda a lose/lose for us on an already piss poor ability for dealing damage, unless I am missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Is Valkyr any good nowadays? I just picked the game back up and a ton seems to have changed since the last time I played it a year ago, and she was a character I really liked in Theory but seemed mostly terrible (melee in general was quite bad at the time) .