Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm betting they want to wait for things to settle down a bit before jumping into stuff like that.

Also I think Steve just implied that Update 11 would be coming out on Tuesday.

Yeah, there was something about reading Armor 2.0 hate mail at 3 in the morning Wednesday.

Here's a slightly better image of Berserker.

She looks to be holding a new weapon.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Looks like Berserker's name is now Valkyr, as seen from the clip showing off the Codex.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

You can do kappa runs and just sit at the pod and spin around and do pretty well for yourself.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Kinetic Tools posted:

Is puncture a good thing for the Ignis? Seems like it would be. Does ignoring obstructions include other bad guys?

The Ignis already has innate puncture, a puncture mod would be useless. See post below me.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 17, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Khorne posted:

What's the deal with cloning the PC account? I have a PC account with pretty much everything except OD mods, which aren't that bad to grind because I have around 300 tower keys, handspring which isn't important, strun wraith because I was too busy having a life that weekend, and the newer prime stuff (mag prime/orthos prime being the only two that matter). I even have 6x formad ignis, ogris, acrid, soma, nyx, and nova along with maxed of almost every mod. I will never play warframe on the PS4.

Don't worry about anything, even if you were to someday play warframe on PS4 and decide to clone your account over, it would have absolutely zero effects on your PC account.

I'm not exactly sure what you're worried about in the first place. Nothing is being done that will change ay of your stuff.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Corpus Minigun Sidearm (It spins!)

Corpus Whip

Tenno Double Barreled Shotgun (Jesus it looks like an actual gun this time!)

Khorne posted:

I was curious because it seems like your PC account remains intact, and if the two accounts are separate then I could clone mine for a friend with the PS4.

That's a good idea, if it works. I might try that.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 17, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

How do Tenno poop?

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Wish I had screened this.

Honestly I do think it gets pretty different the further you go. It starts super super slow compared to what you can do later. If you hate every fiber of the game then you won't magically start to love it if you just get to a certain point, but I definitely think it gets a lot better if you can just get past the first boring grind with your first warframe. Once I was launching myself on bounce pads firing puncture rockets at hordes of hapless infested below me and breaking the sound barrier with zorencopter and volt speed (still voting to rename that ability Turbo Fancy) it really stood out to me how different the game felt from slowly picking away at space orcs with the Mk1 Braton.

This is completely correct. This kind of stuff will really hit you once you get good and deep into some survival missions. They really offer the whole spectrum. Everything from ridiculous high speed exploding blood baths, to Last Stand at the Alamo against the never ending hoards of level 200 toxic ancients. It's the reason I have over a 1000 hours in this terrible game.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Crowbear posted:

Cool, thanks guys. Does any one of the labs produce more useful stuff than the others?

Also I read that there's a clan vault but the info seems vague. Is there a way to access and manage that?

If you deconstruct a finished room, the resources that went into building it are refunded to the clan vault. You can't take them out of the vault, but when you start building a new room, the resources in the vault will be burned through first before using the resources in your inventory.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I wish I had tried to do this instead of bothering support. They were super fast and nice and gave me back the parts I sold though so it's all good.

I had bought some plat awhile back with a 20% off coupon, but ended up making the payment with my company card on paypal. The payment was cancled, but the plat was still added to my account and I had spent it before I wised up to what happened. I messaged support, and they said if wrote a haiku for them I could keep my plat. Best customer support.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

:siren: Update on Damage 2.0 :siren:

This new damage system introduces a number of new terms. This post will take you through introducing and explaining these terms, then elaborating on what they mean for combat. Keep in mind that things are subject to change, that some terms may be placeholder.

Physical Damage:

Impact
Puncture
Slash

Every weapon in the game is made up of a combination of these three damage types. The overall damage of any given weapon is the sum of Impact, Puncture, and Slash damage. Weapons will exhibit a variety of combinations on the Impact, Puncture, and Slash damage spectrum. Mods will affect damage types as decided by the player by their loadout.

In short, Weapon Damage = (Impact + Puncture + Slash)

Real-life Firearm Metaphor: Impact=Slug; Puncture=Armor Piercing; Slash=Hollow-point. When assigning physical damage aspects to weapons we avoid making them 'pure' (100% in one direction). This ensures you can damage all enemies in the game.

Elemental Damage:

In addition to the 3 base damage types, Elemental Damage can be applied on top of a weapon’s base damage depending on what Elemental Mods are applied. For some rare weapons, elemental damage is all they have.

There are four primary Elemental Damage types:

Heat
Cold
Electric
Toxin

Elemental Damage can be applied alone but if you combine primary elements they create new combined elemental damage types! This opens up new possibilities, reduces 'rainbow build' problems and reduces some of the confusing effects like 'frozen guy is on fire'.

Combined Elemental Types:

To create these combined elements requires mixing two primary elements together:

Blast (Fire + Cold)

Gas (Fire + Toxin)

Radiation (Fire + Electricity)

Magnetic (Cold + Electricity)

Viral (Cold + Toxin)

Corrosive (Electricity + Toxin)

Elemental Damage is applied in addition to a weapon’s physical damage types.

Weapon Damage = (Impact + Puncture + Slash) + (Elemental).

Elemental Damage Hierarchy & Combining Elementals

Elemental damage combinations are made by following a strict order.

Fire, Cold, Electric, Toxin.

As an example: If you want Fire damage + Magnetic damage (Cold + Electricity), you will need to split it between weapons because when a Fire Mod enters the mod loadout any other elementals will combine with it as it is first in the hierarchy.

Status Effects ('Procs')

All damage types have a chance to inflict a status on the target – including you!

Impact: Knockback
Puncture: Weakened (reduced damage output)
Slash: Bleed (health reduced over time, healing blocked)

Fire: Ignited (fire damage over time)
Cold: Slowed
Electric: Chain Electricity Damage
Toxin: Poison Damage over time to health.

Blast: Stun
Gas: Poison in area
Radiation: Confusion (difficulties targeting)
Magnetic: Shield reduction
Viral: Sickened
Corrosive: Armor Damage

UI Representation

The UI will represent all these damage stats numerically. Attached are screenshots of what you can expect to see with Damage 2.0.

Exhibit 1: 3 images that show the Physical Damage types represented in the UI, and the added Heat damage after a Heated Charge is added.

Exhibit 2: 2 Images that show the impact of a No-Return mod on Puncture Damage

Exhibit 3: 2 images that show the impact of an Elemental Damage combination.

Enemy Levels

Enemy levels now fall in a more compressed scale. Level 1 enemies are still the easiest, but the difficulty of a Level 40 enemy in Damage 2.0 will be comparable to a Level 100 enemy in Damage 1.0. Infinite mission types will still feature ever increasing enemy levels. Enemies will be wielding weapons that can inflict different types of damage and Procs on the Tenno, meaning the difficulty will come from a combination of their loadouts and their level.

Know your enemy.

Enemies will react to damage types differently. Begin hunting your enemies to discover the best way to approach different faction and enemies. With your Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapon, you will be able to take on the fiercest foes with many different combinations.

Significance of Change
Damage 2.0 is a very significant change to Warframe. We are standing by to receive feedback and experiences on this new Damage system when it is released.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

So I guess that means if you want to get the slow effect from cold damage, you can't have any other elements. I guess the same goes for fire, but you can get electric and toxin by themselves since they're lower priority.

This was the first thing I thought of, since the slow from ice is almost required on the Ignis. But! There are a lot of new proc effects that will be available as well, such as turning the ignis into a radiation sprayer, confusing whole masses of enemies very quickly.

I can't loving wait.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Fish Noise posted:

Then the two boxes behind the Laphroaig. I think they've commented on the "water" they're drinking during streams more than once, too.

It makes a certain sort of sense that DE are a bunch of boozehounds.

I think they went through 4 pitcher of beer during the last livestream.

I'm more stoked for that map than I should be. I'm always getting lost.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

WeaponBoy posted:

Oh my god, Berserker's skills look terrible. A grappling hook is ok, but two debuffs focused on melee and an ultimate that gives her hulk hands? :gonk:

Those two debuffs were the same power, so we don't know what the 4th ability is.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

quote:

Elemental Damage & Combining Elements: CHANGES!

After reviewing this thread and working things out with combinations, we have changes to report to Elemental Combinations. Elemental combinations will no longer be based on a predetermined elemental hierarchy, but instead a MOD PLACEMENT hierarchy.

This hierarchy is from closest to top left (first to be considered) to closest to bottom right (last to be considered) on the Mod Layout.

If you place Cold, Toxin, Fire, and, Electric, in that order from top left to bottom right, you will get:

(Cold + Toxin) and (Electric + Fire).

So Elemental mods will now combined based on equipped mod load order, much like Sentinel powers activate based on load order. This means you won't be limted in the combination of elements you can equip to get a certain effect, but people are worried about weapons needing to be re-Forma'd. Steve had this to say -

quote:

About Forma'd slots - there is obviously still the same benefits but what DM2 does is add ordering into the mix which wasn't a consideration before.

We're definitely open and listening to feedback about this aspect. When the dust settles on this new damage model we'll reexamine Forma'd slots. We do have db account for how many times Forma has been used (the stars) and I've seen a lot of interesting ideas to consider for future update.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 21, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I feel like I'm having to relearn the game all over again. It's exciting and frustrating.

I think I'm going to leave trading alone until the market kinda settles out.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I AM THE MOON posted:

my Ravage mod disappeared. It's just gone. Good thing they nerfed shotgun crits apparently?

Send a support ticket here http://support.warframe.com and they will get you back anything you're missing.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

In other news, they fixed the positioning of Syandanas, so they no longer clip through your back. Yay.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Ardeem posted:

Mobile Defense on Cyath, drop two Fire Blasts on the aproach lanes to the console and then stand inside one of them doing nothing but trying to take pictures of runners before they immolate themselves.

This is my life now.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

TheBlandName posted:

A lot of the Ember sucks chat is from bitter vets who remember when she was the Sun Goddess, unapproachable and terrible. She is still awesome.

Also the fact that we were promised an Ember buff for months, and then it turns out she's been nerfed.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

On top of the Brakk still doing massive damage to all types, at least one pellet is going to proc every shot. It is a beast.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I AM THE MOON posted:

they said they have no record of my ravage mod. it's gone forever and they won't fix it.

That's the shotgun crit mod, right? I'll give you one of mine if you want it. My IGN is Charismo.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I'm actually get worse performance with multithreaded rendering turned on since the update. Fixed itself when I turned it off.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

hooah posted:

I think he meant that it helps you figure out what a given enemy is weak against in general, rather than actively buffing anything.

Steve mentioned in a live stream that fully scanning a mob would give you an increased crit chance against it, but he said in his twitter that they're still working on some ideas.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2recsOFFIzI

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

It's been an absolute pain trying to play with Nekros recently. Before I always built for health, as his shields are an absolute joke, even with a damned maxed rank redirection. But with the new bleeding proc effects, there are so many damage types that just seem to completely ignore the small shield buffer I have. I used to be able to solo Phobos survival. Between the rockets, exploding jetpacks, and the sawblades, all of which just completely DESTROY your health now, I can't make it past 10 minutes.

Christ the drat bleeding proc from the Eviscerators drains close to 25 health per tick. Even with Desecrate (not that it will do you any good while you're bleeding, cause healing is blocked), you just can't loving keep up with that.

I can't even imagine having to deal with 50 shields.

MJ12 posted:

I have no idea.

Anyways, I made a thread which needs upvoting about it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137700-guys-can-we-get-an-armor-fix-yet/#entry1641287

I pm'ed the thread to Rebecca and Scott. Rebecca said she'll make sure it gets looked at.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 25, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Denzine posted:

If you hit Shield Polarize immediately after the cutscene Zanuka's loving 100k shields or whatever will kill Alad V outright, Alad's radial damage will knock Zanuka down, and you can calmly stroll up and put the doggy down for a very, very quick boss kill. It's also pretty good in Tower Defense.

Hunting electric crawlers is the biggest piece of bullshit the game's had in a while, though. Shotgun poison is basically transmutation-only at this point.

For real. I can reliably find them on say Xini, but you usually only get one or two per wave. Even with a Nekros, I've had zero luck, and I don't want to resort to trade just yet.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

Do uncharged bow explosions do as much damage as fully charged shot explosions?

The explosions do, yes. But if you do make contact with an enemy, the shot damage is applied along with the explosion. So if you're going for a group, spam arrows. If single target, charge attack.

A bow with thunderbolt has to be my favorite weapon combination in the game. It's so versatile up to a certain level, and now that explosions do Blast damage, you also have a chance to knock down those caught in the blast. From what I can tell, blast proc as an AOE, so even if you only proc on one, nearby mobs can still get knocked down.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 27, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

They are bringing on a new dedicated UI designer starting in December to overhaul the UI. The first thing he's going to implement is configurable UI scaling.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

AF posted:

Thank god. Whoever is currently doing their UI needs to find a job. He/she loving sucks

I think it's being done by just whoever has the time to do it. Hopefully having someone be the end all on UI will tighten things up.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Nekros is a big poo poo. There were 50 pages of complaints about his abilities before his release. DE released him without changing a thing; said they wanted people to try him first, and then they would make changes if people still didn't like him. Turns out we were right, his abilities were poo poo, and they still have not changed a thing.

His soul punched got hosed over by a bug in update 11 where it didn't ragdoll enemies near the target, and when they fixed it, it knocks them over again, but doesn't send them flying like it used to.

Terrify has always been terrible, but now that enemy Armor is not as important, it's very small armor debuff is even more useless.

Desecrate is hardly useful outside of survival, and even then you'd better enjoy spamming 3, cause that's all you'll be doing.

Shadows of the Dead tho, holy cow. Out of all the inspiration they could have drawn from other games, it has to be the most pointless uncontrollable summoning mechanic I've ever seen. You can't make your shadows more effective or raise their level, you can't control them at all (making it completely contrary to the flow and pace of the game), they won't agro unless shot first, they hardly draw enemy agro, they have terrible pathfinding and just walk off to god knows where, they block the weapons and movement of you and your teammates, and because they are the same level as the enemy mobs, it's pretty much a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Now they've released Valkyr, a frame just as poorly tested and thought out as Nekros. It's been months since Nekros came out and he's not been touched at all. Good luck with Valkyr.

I would say we might see them not suck when they release their prime version, but look how Ember turned out. Her prime version doesn't even have an extra polarity. What the hell Scott. What do you do?

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 2, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Schubalts posted:

Hey man, they gave Valkyr immunity to knockdowns while Hysteria is active (she gets pushed backwards instead). They're at least paying some attention.

Dual Kamas still have no polarities, though.

Doesn't Infest Ancient disruption still get through? They may have fixed that since I built her...

I just don't understand why Warframes, the game's namesake, only see changes at a glaciers pace.

God I hate this game. Better go play it more to work out my anger.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

chumbler posted:

Valkyr honestly isn't that far off. Her ult and ripline are good, if buggy. She's just mostly held back by horrendously terrible base stats. If her shields didn't blow then her stun might be a bit better. Her buff/debuff needs to be redesigned, but again, almost every frame has a bad skill and I think we all just need to come to accept that truth. Certainly there's more that they could do with her, but base stat buffs would probably get her level with everyone else.

God why do we all play this terrible game?

I think my biggest beef is that they made her the first Armor/Health centric frame, while at the same time nerfing the hell out of Warframe Armor. I want to see that combination work, but they either have to triple her current Armor value, or just fix Warmframe armor scales.

I love her ripline ability, tho. I've got to say, people bashed it for not being melee centric, but I disagree. It can work just as well getting you around horizontally just as well vertically. The fact that you also do a wall attack if you melee just after casting it, means you can take amazing advantage of melee weapons that have a 1000 base damage wall attack. Doing 4,000+ damage wall attack crits is satisfying.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 2, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I think Nekros would be a good posterboy for the Viral elemental effect. Viral procs remove 50% of an enemies health over 6 seconds. Not that big of a deal at lower levels, but once you get up in level removing half an enemies health pool is pretty drat great. Slap it on Terrified enemies instead of the useless armor debuff and you got a winning ability that people will want to cast.

If they can't make shadows smarter, lower the cost and let me recast it, so I can keep shadows in play even when they stay behind. It's useless in any mission other than defense cause they won't follow you at all. If they won't make them any stronger, give them some kind of debuff to enemies they are close to. Maybe make enemies run away from them or something. I think it would be pretty scary if I was having to fight my friends who just got raised from the dead and are trying (and failing) to kill me.

Maybe look at how other games handle minions. I like how in Path of Exile a witch has the Raise Zombie ability to summon living meatshields from corpses, while you can also single out specific enemies with Raise Spectre to summon exact copies of enemies with better stats to deal out big time damage.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Desecrate should explode corpses

I want to be as obnoxious as Nova is to my Nekros. DE do this god drat it.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 2, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

DE may make some shaky design decisions, but you cannot say that their developed in-house Evolution Engine does not run like silk. Sometimes I'll have been playing for an hour and not notice until I've quit that my 4 year old laptop has been running on the Intel GPU in power saving mode.

Edit: This is how you do Shadows of the Dead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rClP_3GUkKk

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 2, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I thought that was a decent review, tho I didn't understand his complaints about a lack of a cover system. I was expecting maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10, and not the 4/10 he gave it. I've not played the PS4 version tho. Maybe the controls are more clunky so the intended pace of the game doesn't come off as well as it does on PC.

One of the comments stuck out to me, "It's, well a passable game, I've cranked about 500 hours into it."

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

AF posted:

4/10 is reasonable.

On the scale of game reviews, 4/10 is not a fun game. Warframe is a fun game, no matter how much Denzine has little breakdowns over his gaping timesink, god rest his soul.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 3, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Harrower posted:

Bosses need to move around and do stuff. While not being invulnerable 99% of the time. Warframes are fast and super maneuverable, there is really no reason why we shouldn't be constantly dodging missile barrages and volleys of laser spam while being beset by waves of regular trash enemies. All the good warframes can deal with that poo poo, and all the bad ones should be buffed so they can too. I should want to fight bosses.

Defense/survival/mobdef are fun because you are usually in for a good fight, and get rewarded well for your efforts. Right now boss fights involve diddling around a mostly empty level, shooting at a fat nonthreatening sack of hp for 5 minutes while it flails around its lovely arena. Then you get a slash dash mod and some alloy plate rather than anything worth while. And another ember systems to go on your pile of 40 fuckin systems.

Sometimes I'll kill some of the older bosses and not realize it. That really shouldn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Denzine posted:

I choose to believe this post's structure is intentionally mirroring Warframe's. It is art.

Hey, I thought your post was kind of funny. I didn't know you were upset. Sorry buddy. :(