Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Just had this come in today as a Christmas present to myself. Cashed in a $50 Amazon card to get it for around $35 after tax, so I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm planning to try and make some chili this week with it. I am a little disappointed that Lodge's enamel cookware is made in China while everything else is made in the USA. I usually don't care, mainly because it's hard to find anything not made in China, but when I can get something made in the USA pretty easily I go with it. I was a little sad to see "Made in China" on the box, especially when all their catalogs and such boast about being made in America. I went back to the Amazon page, and sure enough it's there; everything but their enamel cookware is made in the USA.

Still, it's an awesome piece of cookware and I'm stoked about using it. My first chili is (ashamedly) going to be from a mix (got it in a set for Christmas), but after that it'll all be from scratch. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I don't really care a whole bunch, honestly. I just like to support our country (or even local people) when I can. Lodge makes great stuff, I already have two skillets by them that I use all the time and I expect that this dutch oven is going to be great. I'm actually going to christen it with some black eyed peas sometime during the day (they're soaking now).

Main thing is that it's a super pretty blue color and looks awesome sitting on my stove :3:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Adorable brownies. I really like Smitten Kitchen's cocoa brownies, especially in cast iron. They're dense, fudgey, and have a candylike top.

Do you still line the skillet with foil?

• Locked thread