Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Holy poo poo, that Andross is hilarious. The obvious downside is he'd take a lot of hits to his invisible torso, but maybe that just makes it better I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Give him extra torso/leg health.

I wish we could work in the SNES Starfox cube somehow, though.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Finally I can fulfill my dream of creating A loving Boo?! :allears:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Oh man. I wonder if that glitch could help my Mr. Saturn CAW...

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

That Andross is the best thing. I really hope that it somehow makes it in. :allears:

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Time for Norstein Bekkler. :getin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Norstein Bekkler versus Andross? Yes.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Take it to the next step. A Master Hand CAW.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Seems like Rayman is possible to make now with that glitch

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

ThePutty posted:

Seems like Rayman is possible to make now with that glitch
I'm not usually a stickler for details, but if someone's going to go with actually making an accurate Rayman, I feel that confirming a method of getting visible feet as well should be explored first before going through with the whole character.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Andross is now up on the ps3 servers if anyone wants to download him. You can find him by searching under the tag "Abomination." I edited his moveset so that he has no kicks, meaning most of his moves are incredibly elaborate chokeslam/headbutt combinations. I also gave him the worst/best entrance I could think of.

E-Tap posted:

I'm not usually a stickler for details, but if someone's going to go with actually making an accurate Rayman, I feel that confirming a method of getting visible feet as well should be explored first before going through with the whole character.

Just checked, you can feet visible, yeah. The only issue is that the only way you can do that is by giving him boots, which means he'd have a bit of a knee too. There would still be nothing but air connecting his boots to his body though, so it would look decentish.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

That is the most horrifying/glorious CAW I've ever seen. It also means a Star Fox character could finally be in, which means Area 6 music (aka the best music).

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Someone please post the Andross entrance and some gameplay on youtube, tia.

I really would love to see a rayman, if only for horror factor.

Also, would this bug make matches any more unstable? I know Bazza was this close to firing Tingle for crashing the ps3.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

toanoradian posted:

Octodad vs. Ganondorf, the origin of thread title

I've never really bothered following this VGCW thing apart from occasionally watching a video or two, but after watching this incredible display of normal human dad courage, I may just have to change that.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Oh god, Andross needs to be in VGCW.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Angry Diplomat posted:

I've never really bothered following this VGCW thing apart from occasionally watching a video or two, but after watching this incredible display of normal human dad courage, I may just have to change that.

The best part was the plot afterwards which clearly was written without even considering the possibility of Ganon losing and it still kind of worked

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
From the forums:

quote:

Another small-ish update about the 2K14 switch for those who even care -

Ezio and M. Bison are officially complete. The only person in the Men's Division that isn't fully ready to go is Ganondorf. He just needs a moveset which will not take long.

Bayonetta, Lightning, Rydia, Shadow Peach, Shiek and Zelda are the only CAWs that need to be created for the Women's Division.

So, as of now; the Men's Division is basically done. Women's Division will take a while to come into fruition.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Is Knuckles on the WWE14 servers? I only found some knock-off version of him; nothing authored by Bazza.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The Bayonetta CAW is even better than Ganondorf or Octodad's. Will it be hard to replicate in the new game?

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
For anyone that hasn't seen him yet in the forums..

:allears:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
They better not patch that glitch, ever.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I haven't been able to duplicate that glitch. How do you pull it off?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I hope they touch up Zelda's CAW for 2K14 and Peach too if she has a Face Turn. I love Shadow Peach's look don't get me wrong but Peach's original look and Zelda's look seemed like total :effort: to me.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Peach and Zelda still had their pre-Bryn designs right? If so that's probably why.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Accordion Man posted:

Peach and Zelda still had their pre-Bryn designs right? If so that's probably why.

Yeah that's what I meant sorry. I want to see what some of the regulars that make the CAWs make them look as good as the rest in WVGCW.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

With that glitch I suddenly want to make the Jester Spirit from Shadowrun (even if I'm the only one who remembers the Jester Spirit from Shadowrun).

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, the CAWs that aren't done yet were put off because more effort is going to go into them. The general quality of the CAWs is higher this time around.

...Bayonetta haunts my dreams.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I haven't been able to duplicate that glitch. How do you pull it off?

Create a caw, then go makeup->lipstick. Add lipstick, which will cause the "select a color" screen to pop up. Do not select a color. Hit back(once) instead. Then add the lipstick again, then remove it again. Repeat it a few times and it will eventually glitch out the way you want to.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Hahaha, it would be hilarious to see homestar runner made with that glitch, lack of arms and all.

and by hilarious, I mean nightmare inducing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rooreelooo posted:

Hahaha, it would be hilarious to see homestar runner made with that glitch, lack of arms and all.

and by hilarious, I mean nightmare inducing.

A kick-only fighter to pair off against Andross's punch-only fighter. I think this needs to be done.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

TheEggsBenedict posted:

For anyone that hasn't seen him yet in the forums..

:allears:

OH HELL YES WE NEED RAYMAN IN LIKE RIGHT NOW. This glitch has produced nothing but awesome results :allears:

Also, Tonight is The Night with the new intro.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 19, 2013

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mo_Steel posted:

Also, one of my favorite matches ever, just your average Night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jciBnCh20wU&hd=1

:patriot:

Oh god, everyone freaking out at "NEDM" :allears: The memories.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

DeathChicken posted:

With that glitch I suddenly want to make the Jester Spirit from Shadowrun (even if I'm the only one who remembers the Jester Spirit from Shadowrun).
I hope it looks like it's floating because of invisible leg. Then we can make all sort of floating spirit like Terra esper form, Jester Spirit, and Ghost Nappa. :allears:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Kikas posted:

Also, Tonight is The Night with the new intro.

I wonder if the new intro will be ready for this week's episode, and what it will be like. Season 4 had the Castlevania remix, and Season 5 a Dragonball remix. So what's in store for Season 6?

A Phoenix Wright remix, since it looks like he'll be central to the plotline this season?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

DeathChicken posted:

There should be a feud where Duke feuds with Dracula to find out his real name.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Wyvernil posted:

I wonder if the new intro will be ready for this week's episode, and what it will be like. Season 4 had the Castlevania remix, and Season 5 a Dragonball remix. So what's in store for Season 6?

A Phoenix Wright remix, since it looks like he'll be central to the plotline this season?

Bazza showed it off at the end of the universe mode stream which still should be on the twitch archive.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
NICE DODGE DERE :B

Yay a new thread. I notice that Sabin is missing from the list of Square characters, and that should be fixed by Bazza bringing him back . #freesabin2013

Also RIP Jensen's 2013 intro, also known as "WHERE'S THE BIKE????". It got me every time.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Dragongem posted:

NICE DODGE DERE :B

Yay a new thread. I notice that Sabin is missing from the list of Square characters, and that should be fixed by Bazza bringing him back . #freesabin2013

Also RIP Jensen's 2013 intro, also known as "WHERE'S THE BIKE????". It got me every time.

Apparently he gets an augmented ATV for his new entrance.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, I think Jensen is getting Stone Cold's ATV entrance. So we can just say he augmented the bike into an ATV, but if Bazza gets the eventual American Badass DLC then the bike can come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Did Bazza ever say he was giving Jensen the augmented ATV? The guy who made the CAW just gave him a generic entrance.

• Locked thread