Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Garbo posted:

This may be a bit old school, but I've started to watch OSW reviews and every time I hear them praise Bret Hart's in ring work. I've watched the 2 network specials with him in them (vs Austin and the double match at Wrestlemania 10) and enjoyed them both. What other cool Bret Hart matches are there to watch?

In addition to what others have mentioned -

vs Roddy Piper - Wrestlemania VIII
vs Mr. Perfect - King of the Ring 93
vs 123 Kid - Raw 94
vs Undertaker - Royal Ruble 96
vs Hakushi - In Your House I, 95

And any Hart Foundation vs British Bulldogs tag matches you can track down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

I watched his shoot and he came across as a bit of a pompous rear end, citing that Andre vs Hogan was the greatest wrestling match in history, and citing that Steamboat/Savage meant nothing because people didn't go there and pay to see it.

It bears repeating that by Al Snow's own metric he's a terrible wrestler because who the hell ever paid to see Al Snow?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Just start from his beginning, and go from there.

This is the best plan. From the moment Hall debuted on Nitro there's a very steady decline in both both his physical condition (i.e. sobriety) and the quality of the booking.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

I quit watching wrestling as a kid from the years of 2001-2012. Lately, I've gotten into William Regal. I've seen a lot of his matches, but I want to see some of his best promos. Could you give me some of his best promos in WWF?

Technically, this is from FCW, not WWE, but it might as well be the same thing. I can't find video of just the promo, but they work in one of Regal's very best promos about a minute into this highlight package. This line in particular just blew me away when I first heard it-

"I would drag somebody I didn't like into a carpark and set fire to them, everybody else here in FCW would run away. I know Dean Ambrose, he'd come and stand next to me and warm his hands on the bloody flames."

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

For Generico, this match made me a fan of his for life - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XesuznnHaA

Also from Chikara, Generico vs. 1-2-3 Kid from King of Trios 2011 was a terrific match.

• Locked thread