Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Arivia posted:

It’s the top center five slots, the ones that have potion bottle imprints on them, going by the App Store screenshot of the inventory screen.

There are neither bottle imprints nor any apparent significance to those slots in the game. I even double checked just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Xiahou Dun posted:

Hopefully this is a good place for my question, if not sorry.

I recently got the iOS port of Planescape : Torment and I’m finding the UI to be frustrating. How in the Nine Hells do I get inventory items into the quick item slots? I’m trying to use the scalpel on the zombies’ stitches in the Mortuary : the game says that you use an item by putting it in your quick item slot via the inventory screen, but I can see no such way when I go there. There are highlighted squares to move it around inside my inventory, on the right to drop it and in the center to equip it as a weapon. Position in the inventory doesn’t correspond to quick item slots as near as I can tell (they’re not the top rightmost four slots or something like that), all my quick item slots are empty even though my inventory’s full.

fwiw the scalpel is a weapon iirc and can't be placed in a quick item slot. Pretty sure any dialogue options needing a scalpel will just be available if you have it in your inventory (or maybe equipped? haven't played it in a few years). Can't comment on the mobile ui, I've never played it on mobile

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
eastern european youtuber and secret goon warlockracy did a pretty good video on the decades-spanning BG1 DLC and as one of the eleven people who played and thoroughly enjoyed siege of dragonspear i'm glad to say he is just like me fr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doieIwBgPpI

also i skipped the werewolf island DLC and after seeing the content in this video i can't help but feel i made the right choice lol

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
His videos are pretty great to explore fallout modding, and I quite liked his BG 1 & 3 videos so will give this a watch when I get home

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

Hopefully this is a good place for my question, if not sorry.

I recently got the iOS port of Planescape : Torment and I’m finding the UI to be frustrating. How in the Nine Hells do I get inventory items into the quick item slots? I’m trying to use the scalpel on the zombies’ stitches in the Mortuary : the game says that you use an item by putting it in your quick item slot via the inventory screen, but I can see no such way when I go there. There are highlighted squares to move it around inside my inventory, on the right to drop it and in the center to equip it as a weapon. Position in the inventory doesn’t correspond to quick item slots as near as I can tell (they’re not the top rightmost four slots or something like that), all my quick item slots are empty even though my inventory’s full.

This is on the Windows version, so I'm sorry if it doesn't help.

Either Torment doesn't support Steam cloud saves, or I've lost my last save somehow :ohdear:, but I had to start a new game for this. Anyway, the only stuff I have are two Bandages. If I put them in the 'quick item' slots up top on my inventory, like so (one of the slots is very lightly high-lighted in purple since I have my cursor over it)

I can then access them in the main game interface by clicking the big back-pack looking icon on the lower left, here

You can see the Bandages appear in that list on the far left.

Now this is purely off of memory, but I'm thinking the game only lets you put certain kinds of things, like Bandages, in the quick item slots, and as the poster above said your scalpel goes into your weapon slot. That's where there's currently a fist icon on the upper screenshot. But most of the weird stuff you can do happens somehow through dialogue, and Morte just told me I should attack the walking dead to find the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I should say, don't put healing items in your quick slots for Planescape: Torment, unless they changed it for the EE, accessing your inventory pauses the game and there's no cool down on using items. So you can just use 20 bandages at the same time or whatever.