Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
BG2:EE still have the monster disappearing bug after reload? Was interested in Steam version but the bug sounds awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ratios and Tendency posted:

combat from BG2 - mage battles and metamagic.
Insect ... swarm? We're talking about vanilla BG2 right?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah that's correct. Also for BG2 SoA, SCS2 improved fights usually come in two variants, either a total conversion from the Tactics mod, or just its own hybrid implementations. The Tactics ones are usually the ones people call bullshit, but they can be interesting in their own right.

I always have trouble with the Shadow Shade though whenever I play SCS2. I think it's because of the order I do my chapter 2 quests and I rarely deviate much.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Suspicious posted:

I cheesed it by avoiding their patrol area and grabbing Yoshimo ASAP, then spamming his traps and clicking dual class/canceling to refill them. If the mod cheats then so will I.

The worst part of "improved" Ilyich is how the gang uses an alarm call to warn each other when they see you (so you can't peel them off 1 by 1), that also turns the captive dryads hostile. This means you can't complete their quest or the genie one for the sword of chaos. Yay.

It's supposed to be a joke though?
Yeah it's a joke, and they pitch as a "readme.txt" check. It's dumb. Nobody sane turns on Improved Ilyich, and I think it's actually by default off in SCS. The last time I used SCS they actually added predefine installs.

The Improved Irenicus fight in SCS2 is "what the gently caress is going on" fight and is also equally frustrating at times, requiring a lot of wipes to pick up on the mechanics of each boss while simultaneously fighting UI problems regarding all the poo poo that's being used (mostly because Beholderes spam the poo poo out of your log).

I never really quite got what the Improved Bodhi fight was all about. I see a lot of people saying you should turn it off, but I've always just carved straight through it and have never been the wiser about what just happened.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hm I guess there's no equivalent to the level 1 NPC mod in Enhanced Edition? I guess I'll have to use the EE version of Shadowkeeper.

Does the new EE Shadowkeeper (whatever it's called) do the level ups properly if you start doing weird things like changing an NPC's entire class to something else, or do I need to manually set everything like we used to in Shadowkeeper?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ah it looks like Ascension is not quite ready for BG2:EE judging by the main forum, too bad.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm kind of too afraid to bother cause I may get that far into the game and be screwed by mod incompatibility and I would not be a happy camper if that happened.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Why is grandmastery so neutered in vanilla BG anyway? It's only in that series too. IWD is true to paper.

Basic Chunnel posted:

The unkillable assassin was always in BG2 even after the Shadow Thieves quest probably because TSR isn't really down with game developers loving around with aspects of the setting that they didn't create themselves. See also: Drizz't never truly dying no matter what. They don't take his gear from you out of sentiment.

A lot of (dumb) people soured on NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer because it's endgame hinged on an aspect of the setting that was clearly mandated to never change. Gotta keep things consistent for the tabletoppers.
Which wasn't even true, Obsidian made a mistake and just assumed they weren't allowed to change it from the get-go. Shortly after NWN2 came out, the D&D setting was given a makeover through the books apparently.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyone got a neat dual wield combination for a Fighter/Thief? I want to still backstab, but I am not going to do Staff of Striking/Staff of Ram on principle. I was thinking dual wielding daggers, but I cannot remember if there was a dagger that gives the +1 APR in BG2 (I think it's actually a wazikasi or something, so scimitar prof?), so maybe just dagger/scimitar or dagger/shortsword.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Factor_VIII posted:

The Scarlet Ninja-To +3 (sold by Joluv in the Copper Coronet in BG2EE) gives you an extra attack per round. IIRC it's only usable by LN, TN, LE, NE-aligned characters though. It requires a scimitar proficiency to use.

Edit: I wonder what would happen if someone dual wielded that and Belm. Would you get 2 extra attacks?
Yeah the Scarlet is what I was thinking of with the scimitar prof.

In BG2 vanilla they stacked, but it's not something you ever did cause they're kind of mediocre weapons in themselves. The Scarlet is passable at +3 but by the time you can actually wield that in the main hand, there are better weapons that eclipse it over the extra attack.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Saki posted:

So do I need to re-install the whole game to fix this Invalid dialogue problem, or just the mods?
You shouldn't reinstall the game because all mods exist in the override directory with a few exceptions.

This part I'm fuzzy on since I'm playnig BG:EE for the first time, with a few mods. But I think you probably need to download an updated version of the mod and then run the mod installer again. If it's a Weidu mod that asks you what you watn to install step by step, just specify reinstall for the components you had previously.

---

For that matter I am running BG:EE with BG Tweaks and SCS only, and I have a few items that come up with random dialog for their description and title. I didn't really care at first because it's happening on items whose icons I memorize (they added quivers of infinite arrows in BG:EE) but it's a little annoying. Still haven't fixed this particular bug, probably something from Tweaks I'm guessing.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does Neera get any better personality-wise in BG2:EE? It's like they backported the most boring aspects of Aerie's personality and history into BG1:EE. I'm thinking of dumping her once I'm through dualing Imoen over.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

TjyvTompa posted:

Help, how are you supposed to beat Mind Flayers? Every single one of my characters die instantly. I'm just past Spellhold and I got 2 forced encounters with them there and I beat the first one by placing summoned creatures outside the door and then blasting it with spells while it was busy. The second one I got by a hasted Anomen and Slay Living, I reloaded until it hit and killed it in the first hit. Is there really no spell that protects against the brain devour thing?
The universal tactic that works regardless of mods is to spam summons. Animate undead spam in particular is very strong. Then just hit someone with an improved invisibility spell and some protections so you actually have sight and pour all your undead in. Mindflayers can still see the invisibility but the AC bonus is mainly what you want. Just stay out of melee while your summons work everything over.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I leave the Nashkel mines through the back door and the fight with those 4 assassins is no where in sight. What a let down. Did they take this out of enhanced edition?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Beats me then, I know the fight by heart but it's not there this time around. Not going to lose sleep over it but just kind of strange.

Ah I figured it out. Latest version of SCS moved the fight on me.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 24, 2013

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Small caveat to that but anti magic related spells can target invisible targets directly as of one of the later versions (indirectly nerfing SI:D + II combos).

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The only improvement in BG1 I feel like I really paid for was the high resolution font and improved interfaces (remappable keys actually seem to work and the spell menu is a bit more organized). I wish there was a way to actually specify your full screen resolution so the scaled interface worked a bit better. The unscaled interface version looks great, but I wish I could make the interface just a wee bit bigger in that mode.

The obvious solution is to play in Windowed mode but I just can't do it after playing full screen Baldur's Gate for so many years.

It is interesting playing through BG1:EE with SCS with a Blackguard / Monk / Wild Mage in the party. I never knew poison weapon was so powerful. I may keeper Naxxat over to Assassin in BG2:EE just so I can have all the four new characters with content.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

cheesetriangles posted:

What is the method method for dealing with golems as a solo sorcerer? Just summons or what? Would spells that lower spell resistance work on golems and mind flayers?
Depends on the golem and your mods. If you're playing without any challenge mods than Melf's should be fine for most things as they function at +3. Lower resistance does work, but you'll need a lot of them.

You can also just buff the hell out of yourself and swing a quarterstaff at the appropriate level. I think you can use one of the SI:Schools you need to not be effected by the mini poison cloud, but I don't know which school.

Cloudkill works too I think?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Isn't the Hexxat voice acting for that part of the quest intentional?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

kingcom posted:

I love how magic missile seemingly ignores 90% of the magic protection/missile protection stuff in the game. I have no idea what does and doesnt defend from it but tend to chuck them every fight to see if they go through.
It's not that it ignores it in vanilla baldur's gate, it's just a lot of enemies won't use the most basic of magic missile protection spells (shield), or even the more advanced versions (globe of invuln etc).

This is pretty much why the SCS mod exists, to "fix" the mage AI into layering spell protections. The actual spells themselves work quite well even without mods (sometimes a little too well, looking at you chain contingency!)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Basic Chunnel posted:

Fighter / Thief is going to present you with the smallest change from basic fighter types, since all you're really adding in terms of combat is the ability to backstab from concealment. Cleric / ranger is a legit casting class in addition to being a competent fighter class and it's the most munchkin-y kit in the game bar none for several reasons, so you can't go wrong with it.

One thing that makes thieves a little more attractive in EE is that they changed trapsetting for all thieves to mirror that of the vanilla Bounty Hunter kit - in other words, it becomes a minor AoE. Bounty Hunters still get the weirdest and wildest trap effects but regular thieves get some guaranteed damage and the possibility of poison, so.
Do Fighter/Thief multi if anything, not a big fan of the dual here, because half the beauty of Fighter/Thief is combining both sets of HLAs in ToB.

Don't feel like you need backstab if you don't want to, although it is about half the point of the class. But the HLA combo really is that strong. Time stop trap into improved critical while hasted, etc, and use any item is no slouch.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Whenever I want to do this, I just play a Blade. :effort:

Offensive Spin is p great yo.
That's a completely different thing though. You might be thinking of Fighter/Mage being compared to Blade.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Nah. Blade is basically a Fighter/Mage/Thief with way less effort.

Tenser's+Offensive Spin+Time Trap is basically the same deal as what you describe.
This isn't true at all because you can't actually stack improved haste on offensive spin and I think you are strongly undervaluing how good the improved critical HLA from Fighter is.

Don't get me wrong, I love Blades too, and the fact that they rapidly climb to power much faster than F/M. But F/M is a whole different beast when you hit the HLA levels compared to Blade.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 25, 2013

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
My biggest complaint about detect illusions is that it operates on the same heart beat pulse as detect traps which does not feel like once a round? I used it in SCS back when SI:D + Improved Invis was a killer combination and you couldn't pierce magic it, and I remember waiting for what felt like days for detect illusion to actually work while the mage continued to cast his spells.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Attestant posted:

Wait, what does it do to offensive spin? I was thinking about going for a Bard playthrough for the entire saga, and Blade looked like the most fun out of the kits.
You can't stack haste with offensive spin anymore (which it says in the kit description, and always has even in vanilla). It was kind of a bug that allowed that in BG2 vanilla anyway and I thought BG2 Fixpack did the same thing anyway? I believe EE also fixes the defensive spin + freedom of movement abuse too, for what that's worth. That one just allowed you to move while defensive spinning in BG2.

The big advantage for Blade is that it gained its spell levels much faster, so it could be much better during much of SoA in the mid-game. F/M will still be good, but I think Blades are better in SoA until the F/M starts getting 7th level spells, and by then HLAs start popping up too.

cheesetriangles posted:

Chain contingency with three project images in it is probably the best thing in the game. Suddenly you have like 20 spells per level. I should probably install SCS at this point if I am going to keep breaking the game so bad.
Yea it won't hold up to that either, haha. Chain contingency is the maximum breakage. Triple horrid wiltings is also a big staple if you want to make SCS+Ascension quite a bit easier due to the amount of enemies that sometimes come your way.

I think it may limit you to one clone up per character.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 25, 2013

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Stumiester posted:

I'm using a Beserker (to Druid in BG2EE) in BGEE, with the new NPCs and Imoen, meaning 3 fighters, one mage, one dualed thief->mage that is currently a level 3 mage, and its completely doable. I just completed the hardest fight in SCS BG in my opinion (fully improved bandit camp), and if you can do that with just mages you can do anything.
Ya, honestly I find the improved bandit to not be that bad if you bring all the AoE. Necklace of missiles, fiery oil, explosive potions, etc. SCS sure makes it fun and it's a lot of bodies that hit the floor.

Speaking of the new NPCs, I really hated Rasaad at first but at level 6, he's been fine for me. The shield necklace was really the clincher in getting him to survive harder fights. He can drop down to about -4 AC in my game if he uses the necklace. The little fire based AoE skill is pretty handy for clearing away entire packs of stupid fodder.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Quick question: I want to multiclass a Berserker/Druid through the entire series, starting in BG. When would be a good level to switch over from Berserker? I've seen people say 7 but I'm not entirely sure why. Grandmastery is at 9, right? Is it worth giving that up?
You want to do it at 9. The biggest reason you want to do this is actually the druid experience table:

http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur%27s_Gate:_Progression_Charts#Druids

You will get your berserker back very quickly because of how weird the druid progression is. They're the fastest class to get to level 10 (druid is 125k experience vs thief's 160k). Their progression to level 14 is on par with everyone else, at 1.5 mil. Obviously you could dual earlier at 7 but there's really no reason not to skip an extra 2 levels of hit dice and especially grandmastery now that grandmastery is fixed in BG2:EE (or you can just use the grandmastery fix if you are playing vanilla).

Also a straight berserker is super strong in BG1 if you're doing the full trilogy run. You dual in BG2 when your party can carry you through the quests that give exorbitant amounts of experience for you to catch up very quickly. If you dual in BG1 you will be useless unless you remove the experience cap and do ~things~

The 13 dual is reserved for people who want to milk just a tiny bit more power out of their class in ToB in exchange for making SoA chapter 2 a miserable experience.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The secret sorcerer is the best spell caster in BG1 by a mile too. He is much better than Edwin, and comes with robes that you should not be able to get until BG2. You could of course kill him and give the robes to Edwin (or another evil spell caster).

But yeah outside of his entrance, I don't think he has any additional content since he's a character from the Black Pits module that comes with the game.

Anyway don't forget if you are going to play BG2, you will probably pick up Hexxat which covers thief. I'm doing a similar plan as you but I am also using EEKeeper to adjust classes here and there. I am playing as a Fighter/Mage at the moment because I am worried on being light on mage spells while playing through SCS. My EEKeeper plans is to switch Hexxat out of Thief into something more useful like F/T or Assassin, I haven't decided.

Also I switched Viconia into Fighter/Cleric because I've never used her since single class cleric is awful, and Anomen is annoying as gently caress.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think there's a lot of traps in some places in BG2 but you can honestly ignore a lot them because your increased hit dice means you can just eat them and not care (they tend not to do a lot of damage, although every now and then you'll get the AoE fireball). Every now and then you'll hit a trap that's like hold person or stinking cloud that annoys the hell out of you though.

Some traps are actually part of puzzles too, like in the intro dungeon.

Honestly if they annoy you enough, use the "remove traps" option from the BG2Tweaks mod. Durlag's Tower is a special kind of trap hell though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Stumiester posted:

Its definitely fun, but yeah you really need to use your AoEs well and protect your squishies. I used almost all of a wand of fire and the few explosive potions I'd picked up, but at least I didn't have to go and buy extra. Web is an absolute lifesaver in that fight.

I'm playing with all the items randomised and as I now don't know where to get the best weapons for each weapon type, it's got me thinking: the weapon proficiencies in BG2 are waaaay to narrow. If I am a grand master in say, spears, I shouldn't be completely useless with the weapon if I take the pointy bit off the end or add an axe head. Shortening a short sword slightly shouldn't make me incapable with it. And really, are the differences between a long sword, scimitar and katana really that pronounced? I'm making it so that for every two points in a weapon you get one in allied groups - e.g. Dorn has 2* in Two Handed Swords, he gets 1* in Bastard Swords, my PC has 4* in Spears, he gets 2*in Quarterstaff and Halberd. You could definitely extend this to Short Sword/Daggers, Hammers/Maces/Clubs, varieties of Long Sword, Short and Long Bow etc.

I would recommend playing with items randomised for experienced players - it does keep you guessing even if it can be frustrating.
Yeah the proficiency system has always been poo poo. I don't really like how 3e handled it with the feats either. I just don't care at all for proficiencies and the only reason I probably still bear it is that I have a lot of the loot tables memorized.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Kithrixx posted:

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Do I play a Fighter/Cleric or an Inquisitor?
Inquisitor is basically a heat seeking missile. It's a very straight forward class, with two abilities that cover almost all surprises in a vanilla playthrough. Invisible enemies? Pop truesight. Enemies with spell protections? Double level effectiveness dispel magic. You also get to wield Carsomyr legitimately, and thus the earliest, and it is is a brutally overpowered weapon (which is slightly annoying because you will always want to build the Paladin to use 2h swords and never use anything else pretty much, maybe the crossbow from WK). The biggest drawbacks is that dispel magic can be really party unfriendly.

Fighter/Cleric requires a bit more thought with spell selection, and having to actually press your spells, but is consistently good, and you can buff yourself to the high heavens and just gib stuff, and you actually get multiple attacks per round unlike a straight cleric. Since they added the Stupidifier to BG1:EE, Fighter/Clerics actually have a good weapon to wield in BG1 as well as BG2 for when you transition to Flail + whatever your preferred off hand.

The downside to either option in BG2 is that there already exists NPCs for both classes. For Inquisitor that's Keldorn. You have to be kind of dick to keep Keldorn around though from what I remember of his quest line though. There's also a Fighter/Cleric in the form of Anomen who is also serviceable, but I find him extraordinarily annoying to keep around cause he's such a loving drama queen.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Vigilance posted:

Well I couldn't figure out how to beat Sarevok on sword coast strategems so I just uninstalled that and finished the game. My main problem was the mages with him spawn in buffed to all hell and even with Edwin's spell thrusts I couldn't seem to dispel them fast enough to take them out. Plus they always spam remove magic on me which kills my buffs and after that they spam confusion or chaos. game over. I'm curious what I could have done about all these save or suck spells. Sure there are pots of clarity but not a ton of them and in any case I'm fairly certain those potions can be dispelled. Chaotic commands is a 5th level spell and so not available in bg1 if you're playing under the cap.

I'll probably try strategems again in bg2 as I mostly enjoyed it but I dunno maybe I won't allow enemies to use the pre buff thing this time. That poo poo gets a little crazy and turns every fight into a dispel fest which more often than not the computer wins due to the higher level of most enemy casters.

I'm curious what the hell I could even do about the computer's love of using dispel under SCS in bg2. They love to do that and then spam save or suck spells in bg1, and I doubt bg2 will be much different. In bg2 I will have chaotic commands, but that can still be dispelled. I guess spell immunity is my only real defense against such a tactic? That seems kinda tough since that's a level 5 spell and iirc is self cast only leaving your other party members at the mercy of dispels. I tried in bg1 to use invisibility to disrupt the targeting of the computer's spells but even with invis their dispels still seemed to hit me every time. I guess going invis doesn't disrupt the cast of their spell, even though I'm pretty sure it works that way for me so i guess the computer just cheats.
For Sarevok, you dump all those potions of magic immunity and magic resistance you've been hoarding all game.

In BG2 you abuse Spell Immunity:Abj as much as possible, otherwise re-cast the key buffs mid fight like haste. Chaos is something you want to deal with in gear or sometimes just eat it. Some fights are hard enough that use the potions of magic resistance and hope for the best. Save immunity for the absolute hardest of fights like a particular lich.

[e] But yeah as you can tell, your difficulty in SCS2 scales in proportion to how many /Mage classes you pack.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 27, 2013

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I swear I've died more times in BG:EE to wild surge lightning bolt in tight corridors than anything else in the game. I know it's usually the big wild surges that are funny but lightning bolt is quickly flying up my list.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Does Shadowkeeper still screw up ThAC0 and such when changing a character's class? I tweaked Khalid to F/M for some dumb reason, and uninstalling that component doesn't revert him back even if I load a save before meeting him.
Afaik, yes. I'm using EEKeeper for the enhanced edition but this process should be similar to the vanilla process. Set the characters base thac0 back to 20, base AC back to 10 (I think this only changes for monks anyway), number of attacks back to 1, and remove all proficiency points and thief abilities if applicable. Then set their base hp to the level 1 base hp of whatever class you are setting (so for fighter, that'd be somewhere within a 1d10). Leave their experience total alone, and set the class you want, and then set the level to 0. Save the game and now load it up in game.

You should now just level up the character normal and everything should be pretty much correct. Saves are pulled from a table so that should allocate correctly. I think spells will also take care of themselves but if not, just do the same as above and manually remove all their spells/abilities.

vvv err yeah, sorry, fixed.

[e]Also you will have to add the default proficiency points back in, the ones you get when you select the class. It's a lot of work I guess.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 27, 2013

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
One of the tweaks in the tweak pack mod will give you discounts for having very low rep, for what it's worth.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Factor_VIII posted:

Do all of those stack?

Throw in Mirror Image, Stoneskin and Protection from Magical Weapons for added frustration to your enemy. I wonder if attacks negated from Protection from Magical Weapons count against Stoneskin.
Yeah it's really one of the only ways some of the physical classes can even stay alive in ToB at times.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

JustJeff88 posted:

Something that I've never heard mentioned explicitly is that the 2nd level cleric/druid spell Slow Poison basically works like the level 4 spell Neutralise Poison, in that it just gets rid of poison. By the rules it's supposed to make it not kick in for some hours, but in this game it just makes it go away. That's a huge deal, given the lethality of poison and how long it takes to get level 4 priestly spells. Plus, Cure Serious Wounds is a precious healing tool and 4th-level spell slots are a bit hard to come by.

Maybe it does delay the poison, but the poison runs out before the spell ends, so it effectively cures poison in a roundabout way. Either way, I'm thrilled - not having a poison cure until mid levels was horrible.
Slow poison just cures poison in BG. Neutralize poison cures pretty much any "physical" related ailment like disease, poison, blindness, deafness, and I think maybe even silence? It also recovers a little bit of HP.

The big thing to remember about slow and neutralize poison is that they're near instant cast. The "cure" spells are infamous for being kind of slow casts so you get interrupted while healing on the front line or people just die before they actually get off. I hardly ever use them in battle.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

LibbyM posted:

Is doing a 2 person party through baldur's gate a doable thing? Or does splitting the experience two ways slow down the fast growth from a normal solo play too much, if you get what I mean?
It's fine. So is 3 people, and so is 4 people, etc.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

immoral_ posted:

I have an issue where random text is showing up in the place of the weapon description of most weapons like that quarterstaff.

I'm playing BGEE and the only thing I have installed is BG2 Tweaks and looking through all the stuff listed in it, I can't find what the problem is. The items seem to do what they're supposed to, but it is annoying.
Uninstall the exotic item part of BGTweaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Basic Chunnel posted:

Kangaxx immunity to anti-magic cheese confirmed. RIP my entire party.

I guess the only thing to do is throw summons at him so that he'll waste his imprisonments. How many does he have?
Infinite? I don't think I've ever seen him run out.