Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

netcat posted:

Excellent. Yaga-Shura seems to be bugged in BG2:EE so his invulnerability is never taken away.

This is a perennial bug that's a holdover from the original ToB release. A BG2:EE compatible Ascension should fix it, since those fuckers over at Beamdog haven't fixed any BG2:EE bugs in like six months (including some really ridiculously annoying ones).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009
Some lovely and ridiculous ones include: You can only ever use the Slayer Transformation once; Luck permanently fucks you over by removing weapon proficiencies; Drow equipment crashes your game after you leave the Underdark; dividing stacks can crash your game.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009
It's just ridiculous that it crashes the game.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

The overhaul forums have literal thousands of unsolved bug reports, its hilarious

the "hilarious" part is that Trent Oster hopes for a 2-month timeframe to get another patch out, which will bring us dangerously close to a year since the last one

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I really wish the shapeshifter rebalance wasn't so cheesy. The stat adjustments are plenty powerful and I'm happy with them but turning the wereform into a weapon slot item is horrifically overpowered (you should have to trade off casting ability for melee ability, that's typically the whole point of druid shifting in general) and really silly in that it allows you to go between humanoid and wolf forms at will, so you can run in and maul stuff then instantly become a human, throw some darts, then instantly become a werewolf again. All you'd need to do to fix the stats would be to adjust the CRE file referenced by the spell, right? Why not just do that?

Turns out it doesn't actually work that way for reasons that are unclear to me. Changing the referenced CRE file doesn't work, somehow. That's why all the solutions to the Shapeshifter issue are hacky to some extent. I don't remember exactly what the problem is but I distinctly remember changing the .CRE files myself, since I had the same thought as you, and it just not working properly.

e: Oh, I remember now, the Polymorph opcode just doesn't loving work properly, so immunities and resistances and stuff don't get applied to the character (e.g. shapeshifting into an Iron Golem doesn't give you the proper weapon immunities)

John McCain fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 16, 2014

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

Necroskowitz posted:

I'm trying to use EEKeeper to change Hexxat's class into something more useful but it doesn't give her the abilities she should have at that level. How do I go about giving her appropriate abilities? Also, under 2e tabletop rules would her "race" be able to dual-class or multiclass?

EDIT: Also, I'm using SCS and Navaziah is utterly untouchable. Is there no way my level 8 party can defeat him?

He's a Lich. You're level 8. Come back later. You can't kill liches fresh out of Irenicus's Dungeon with SCS installed.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

Sleep of Bronze posted:

I think it's interesting because this is one of the few places in BG1 that a Bhaalspawn appears to actually be trying to do what Bhaal says. Sarevok thinks he's tamed the last shreds of Bhaal's will within the power, that he can resurrect the divinity without the consciousness and take it for his own; the dreams you get at low rep are all about gently caress Bhaal, Got Mine. You toss aside his dagger, not because it's evil, but because you want to throttle Mulahey with your bare hands. It's a more genuine and, dare I say, subtle evil that BioWare's grand plots and pulpy writing don't usually admit: venal, cruel, ambitious, power hungry, but not the unreasoning murder machine that so often turns up - and which Bhaal represents. That this sequence ignores that and goes the 'loyal' path, at the very least until right at the end (and that's all so disjointed and incomplete it's impossible to tell what's going on), maybe says to me that this was cut not just for time reasons but also because it didn't fit with the vision for the game.

On that subject, I have the dreams and ending text in a document (with what I presume are location markers of some sort - BAV 19267 for the good version of the first dream, BAV 19268 for the evil version et cetera), but NI can't track them down in game. Is that text actually stored in the game files? If so, does anyone know where it is?

All strings are stored in dialog.tlk. 19267 or whatever is the string index. You can open it in NI by going to Edit --> Dialog.tlk

19267, for example, is

Baldur's Gate posted:

You do not dream often, but tonight the visions are vivid indeed. Long have you walked, but now you find yourself back amidst the stones of Candlekeep. Your former home looms before you, the drab walls just as you remember them. Over the barricades you can see your old room, and you wonder if it really was as small as it appears now.

As you stand before the keep, a familiar figure comes into view. Gorion stands before you, but his visage is shadowy and weak. He is dead in your dreams, as in life.

The phantom of your foster father mutely walks towards the woods, towards supposed safety, and beckons for you to follow as he did once before. This time you remain behind, knowing what is to come.

Before your eyes, phantoms of the past re-enact the pathetic scene that must have taken place in your absence. Clad in armor assuredly magical, a figure strides from the darkness. Admittedly a powerful mage in his youth, Gorion is all but helpless before the onslaught. As he falls, the scene begins again, replaying over and over. Each successive viewing makes the unknown warrior all the more impressive.

As you stare at the murderer of your former mentor, one thought coalesces in your mind: you will have such power as this. Whatever it takes, you will have all that he does, and more. With that, a passage becomes clear through the darkened wood, and you wonder how you could have missed it. The trees close behind you as you walk, but you are unconcerned. The path feels right, and will assuredly give you what you seek. It seems to promise this in a voice you know, but yet have never heard.

The image of Gorion's death replays in your mind throughout the night.

You get used to it.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Jesus Chris, how do you defeat the grave yard folks for the Holy Avenger in IWD2? I can take out two, maybe three, but the duergar dude adn other fighter dude just annihilate my party and there is nothing I can do about it. They are immune to almost every crowd control type spell out there, so I'm having a really hard time.

Buffs and summons, basically (which is the basic recipe for 99% of fights in all the IE games). They're tough, but you should be leveled enough to kill them.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

Callick posted:

So I beat Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition today. I didn't really touch most (any?) of the ToSC content, because I thought after I killed Sarevok that I'd have the game completed save and be dumped back at Candlekeep or something and be free to do whatever I wanted. I was wrong. :(

So I decided to just forge ahead and import my save to BG2:EE. Just escaped Irenicus's dungeon. I did pretty much everything you can possibly do in there, though I regrettably missed one door that I meant to go back and open in the room with all the wand traps before I went through the exit. I even freed the doppelganger and then ended up killing him.

Yo, there should be a "Final-Game-Save" or something similar in your save folder. You won't have killed Sarevok, but you can just load that baby up and do ToTSC.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

BG2:EE 1.3 Patch Notes posted:

In addition, losing spell slots no longer clears the selections for those spells, meaning that when you recover from Level Drain, all it takes is a single Rest and your spellcaster will be back in business.

This is the only thing that makes BG2:EE worth paying for IMO.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009
Just set AerieMatch = 1 with the CLUAConsole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

I just finished up SoD last night and thought it was really good. I liked the pace and there was always at least a feeling of a sense of urgency. So as a question because I want to see all the dialogue, I saw there was a way (though buggy) to take off the gendered requirements of relationships but is there a way to make my (and other, I guess) characters polyamorous? I just hate missing out on dialog and development.

There is a multi-romance mod for vanilla characters. Alternatively, editing the scripts yourself is drat easy. This will allow you to make it work for mod characters as well.

John McCain fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 28, 2018