Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robocop Horney
Feb 15, 2009

by T. Finninho

Takes No Damage posted:

I loving suck at these huge open world mod-friendly RPG games, I keep spending literally weeks researching what mods to get and how to install them all and how to avoid conflicts etc etc, and by the time I actually run the drat game I'm already burned out and never make it too far. This has happened with Oblivion, Fallout NV and BG1/2 :(

Having said that, I still really enjoy the idea of getting to explore these giant worlds, and keep telling myself that I'll get around to it someday, someday.

I've got a text file at home with my preferred mods and install order for BG 1 and 2, with input from the general BG thread so I can post that tonight for people who want a few more options to play with, but it's pretty similar to the mod list from the OP. It also mentions there's no good mods for Planescape but there are some recommended mods to get it running well on modern systems. It's super simple compared to the encyclopedia of BG mod options, pretty much just follow this guide from the GoG forums.

Honestly, don't play these games with mods. It's not like a Bethesda game where the game sucks and comes with cool modding tools - these are great games with shoddy modding tools and mods that don't add anything but flavor. Get an unofficial patch but ignore every other mod because the games weren't designed around them. Install mods for a second playthrough if you want something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU