Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any success stories for getting these games running with GemRB on an Android tablet? Nexus 7 2013, to be exact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Are you using the GOG version? I'm on my phone right now but you have to copy those to a special place in your user profile, IIRC.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Buttkicking, for justice!

Say, I'm getting ready to play BGEE, is there a decent character guide/spoiler free walkthrough/checklist for powerful items and the like? Last time I played BG1 was at least eight years ago, so it is almost like the first time again.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm playing a new Baldurs Gate EE game this weekend and I want to use Edwin in my party, since I never have and he seems to be a Pretty Cool Guy.

I'm planning on playing a Chaotic Neutral Fighter/Mage, since they own, with the intention of playing through to EE2.

I think I want to use Dorn, since he is also awesome. Any suggestions for more party members to round this out?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What level should I dual my Kensai in bg1 ee to a mage? My intention is to import this character in BG2 EE

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
So I cocked up and dual classed Imoen at Thief level 5 instead of Thief Level 6. She is Mage level 5 right now, and I would like to fix her class with EE Keeper if at all possible, since I don't want to have to reload a save from that long ago. Can someone walk me through this? Most concerned about having the game recognize her as a dual class thief/mage and also have whatever proficiencies and abilities might come with Thief 6.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

verybad posted:

Just roll with it? Thief 5 is already enough points to handle locks and traps, and gives you the x3 backstab multiplier as well.

Alright, I will do that. I tend to spend my downtime at work reading BG guides and double-guessing myself, which is hosed. I'm having much more fun just playing the game

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
A few questions for those in the know with Baldurs Gate 1 + 2 -

What are some of the "must buy" items from vendors? I'm just getting to Baldur's gate itself in the first game and want to make sure I have all the good stuff on my main character (pantaloons, etc.)

What are the "must transfer" items to the second game? Spider's Bane is good, the +2 hammer I got early is good, anything else?

Do I dual my kensai at 9 to a mage in the first game or the second game?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Not my first run, but my first BG/BG2 import run. I've played both before. Just trying to be a bit more gamey this run.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've done had enough of this.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Scorchy posted:

we're already getting another infinity engine game though

Cape physics are the best physics

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

oswald ownenstein posted:

Please tell me that's a real game and not some bullshit fan project that won't go anywhere.

edit: It's obsidian!

:frogout:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Red Mundus posted:

Okay, that was my problem. I bee-lined to Nashkel because that halfling and necromancer dude kept bugging me over and over to go there so I hit that town first. Should I just ignore their whining and go to the friendly arm inn?

you should kill them and take their stuff

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Havent played BG1 in years and years so I'm redoing it now for the BG2:EE import. God drat is the city of BG terrible. Once you get there its just non stop quests being thrown at you with no real way to tell what to do or where to go. Even the "enhanced journal" they added doesn't make it much easier. I have no idea how to finish even do half these quests.

I have about ten quests that have duplicate entries, too. Oh well.

What is max level for BG? What level do you do the Durlags Tower stuff?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

JustJeff88 posted:

Same here. I'm genuinely surprised that it went on special at all, but in the rather silly nature of these sales we have to wait until a moment of weakness and pounce, or something like that. I bet that Steam does a lot of sales on the last day when people realise that Game X that they've been watching for weeks isn't going to get any cheaper and they finally break down and buy the bloody thing.

Gamefly has it for $16, if you use code GFDDEC20 you get another discount to $13

Code GFDDEC20UK if you're in the UK.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-baldur%27s-gate-ii-enhanced-edition/5007089

Steam key, activates on steam, etc.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Kensai Mages are rape machines in the BGT

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Updated my journal, bitches

Adbot