Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I had that issue on my laptop and I just zoomed the game screen out like 20% and it worked fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Can someone elaborate on the typical mage fight defense dismantling? Not running Keldorn for the easy 2x Dispel Magics that I imagine trivialize these fights. I should be using Invisibility Purge/Jan's Goggles/Gem of True Sight to disarm their Shadow Doors/Improved Invisibility so I can land some Spell Thrusts or Breaches because otherwise their invisibility means I can't even target them? And I can't just spam Dispel Magics because Spell Mantle/Invulnerability Spheres/Spell Turning will just ignore that poo poo?

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Is the experience distribution in the Black Pits 2 seriously quest experience to each individual party member? I don't see why you would want to run less than a full party except for equipment budget reasons and masochism. Even then you can just run a Sorcerer or Monk or Archer in your last slots where equipment costs are virtually negligible save accessories.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
^ Same thing happens for Dark Moon Monk's Frozen Fists ability (shows as Chill Touch)

I've never played Sword Coast Strategems or the Big World mod versions of Baldur's Gate but that guy never struck me as a really hard fight. All you have to do is Magic Missile Wand him every turn and restart if he gets Mirror Image off.

steakmancer fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 29, 2013

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Can't believe Sleep works on Ogres/Half-Ogres/Ogrillons (they are wusses anyways)/Ogre Berzerkers in what could be some of the hardest encounters in vanilla BG1.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
The game bugged out during Dorn's 3rd quest (getting his sick weapon) in SoA and I never met the chief dryad of the woods and the druid in the big tree was just lying face down and giving generic druid responses. Had to console out of that area after killing Valygar because his voice actor is loving terrible.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
How long is a turn?

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
They're pretty good in BG1 where the number of proficiency pips is real low (as opposed to BG2 where you're just putting points in poo poo you'll never use) and there are plenty of bears and poo poo for you to charm I guess.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
You still get Rogue THAC0 and triple backstab for most of SoA.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I really want to get into Icewind Dale but the lack of kits and reduced proficiencies and general vanilla BG1-ness of it is really offputting, especially since I didn't grow up playing these games.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Just use Keldorn.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Isn't Remove Magic the same thing except it doesn't hit your characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Can you cast spells as Shadowdancer/Mage or /Cleric during their ghetto time stop?