Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Just beat Firkraag pretty handily and now I am wondering if I should pickup Keldorn or not. I have been rolling with mage/cleric main, dorn. korgan, viconia, hexxat and edwin. I imagine this isn't really compatible with Keldorn? Holy avenger is such a good sword is a shame to see it go to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Evil party may be only level 10 but they put in some serious work.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Murders in bridge district is pretty easy too.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Beating Kangaxx with a level 11 party feels pretty god drat amazing. I guess I should finally pay Gaeln Bayle his money huh? Enough dicking around before going to chapter 3.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yes they are now in game.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hexxat is a lesbian romance. I am not sure I haven't done Rassad romance.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Using wisdom as a dump stat is all and good until you get Mazed. I could beat that vampire bitch if I was only not so dumb.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

He is easily doable before before spellhold. Not for those new to the game though. The coffin in docks is much more newbie friendly.

When I first realized one of the new characters in BG2EE was a pure thief I was pretty excited. Then I remembered pure thieves are complete garbage. Have fun getting out spellhold. Might have left Edwin and Viconia behind too.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is the only way to get the Ring of Wizardry from doing the Harper quest line? I am a mage/cleric and didn't get planar sphere for my stronghold because I did cleric stronghold first. I kicked Jaheria out as soon as the game started. Is it possible to still complete the quest line if I add her back to my party? It is pretty much the last piece of powerful items I am missing from my super powered character.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

No thankfully I never did the Xzar stuff. Great well lets just wrap up chapter 5 then go find out what Jaheria is up to. I have every other item a mage/cleric could ever want. Except for some drat levels. Only barely above 1.6m XP.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well I have 18 int and 18 wis. I left the game alone for 5 minutes and it never unmazed me. I think it bugged out.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is that Hexxat? I thought she was a Drow not a literal black human woman.

She is a literal black human woman. Also how well does Slayer work on mind flayers?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Returning from the underdark with a bag of holding or two full of crazy good items / spells is the best feeling in the world. Dorn gets a vorpal sword, Korgan gets Crom Faeyr The Thunderhammer :black101: I get timestop and Imoen gets forgotten just as it was meant to be.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How many boots of speed are in BG2? I have two and would really like two more.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Apparently Jaheria gets really mad if you kick her out late in her storyline. Sorry babe but I needed that ring of wizardry just not you.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm sure she will calm down by Throne of Bhaal.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How soon before Monk gets awesome? I am doing a solo monk run and had a lot of difficulty in Irenicus dungeon with missing attacks over and over. Getting outside and getting bracers of AC3 has helped a bunch defense wise at least. My thac0 is garbage even with 19 STR. Any must have items that are easy to grab for a monk?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You know a lot of things have a hard time hitting my -14 AC monk. I think they improve a lot once you get a few levels under your belt.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

One shot killing a dragon with Quivering Palm is pretty hilarious. Good show monk.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think this solo monk thing is working out pretty well.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

With a few more levels I will also be at 100% magic resistance.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Already have ring of Gaxx. Better than a regen ring.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Level 34 and done watchers keep before ever paying the money to Gaelan Bayle. I will be at the xp cap before being done with spellhold probably. I think Monk goes from zero to rape machine pretty quickly once you gain a few levels.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Noticed in this in the BG2EE patch notes

"7076: Weapon Mastery (as well as High Mastery and Grand Mastery) now grants the correct (as advertised) bonuses to THAC0, Damage, and APR."

That is a nice fix.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does Jaheria not show up outside the Harper building if I told her to find her own way out of the first dungeon? I feel like I doomed myself again when I really want that ring.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I like how the BG2EE never fixed the bug in the wizard stronghold quest line when you try to make a ring of wizardry and it just throws a scripting error. Did they fix any bugs?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What is the method method for dealing with golems as a solo sorcerer? Just summons or what? Would spells that lower spell resistance work on golems and mind flayers?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was too afraid of having Jaheria yell at me once I got done with her harper quest so I had her die and then kicked her out. I was doing her a favor right? She never lived to see me betray her.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Chain contingency with three project images in it is probably the best thing in the game. Suddenly you have like 20 spells per level. I should probably install SCS at this point if I am going to keep breaking the game so bad.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is it possible to recruit Dorn as a paladin and not fall?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hey is shadowdancer backstab broken? With a 3x backstab modifier I was getting backstabs for 8, 11, 11 damage etc.. When my normal damage is listed at 7-11 damage. It said backstab for triple damage in the combat log but was still only doing 11 damage.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was attacking the guys that wanted to set viconia on fire in government district. They are just normal humans.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

uwu culture posted:

Strength bonus isn't multiplied when you backstab, only weapon damage and other bonuses (proficiency, assassin's +1 damage)

Actually oozes can be backstabbed :v:

I would think that a longsword +1 would do more than 11 damage on triple damage multiplier? Otherwise what would be the point when that is the same same as normal damage.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What exactly are the rules of an ironman run? I am interested in trying one out from BG1 to TOB.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Orgophlax posted:

No reloading. You die, you start over.

Are you allowed to have other party members or does it have to be solo?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well my half orc berserker ironman game is over just as quickly as it began. Silke hit me with 30 damage worth of magic missiles in one shot.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Started a solo ironman game of fighter/mage/cleric. It ended due to getting charmed by a waylaid by enemies mage. Due to being solo getting charmed was game over. So playing that as a non ironman now. Even when solo having 3 classes takes so much xp to level up. I cannot imagine ever playing a 3 class multiclass in anything close to a full party. You are basically soaking up 3 characters worth of xp. Fighter/mage/cleric rocks pretty drat hard. Got some scrolls of tensers transformation and improved haste so the melee damage coming from me at this point is insane. stoneskin, draw upon holy might, righteous magic, improved haste, tensers transformation, completely shred anything that gets in my way. Once I get 7th level cleric spells will throw a regeneration on there as well. I'm getting close to the original SoA XP cap and going to cross over into high level abilities soon so that will be fun.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Going thru the stronghold maze on my solo f/m/c and got to the part where you were judged. The game freaked out and suddenly the judge was a mind flayer and instant killed me. I have no idea what is going on.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I decided I want to play BG2 with the best characters personality / banter / story whatever wise. So of course I am taking Jan. I am not sure where to go after that. I have never used Haer'Dalis so I am thinking of taking him along. I have used Korgan/Edwin/Minsc countless times so would like to not take them. I am using the tweak so npc's never fight with each other so the field is wide open. Anyone have some suggestions? Combat ability is not a major concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I love Jan though. Guess you don't like his vegetable peddling ways.