Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You should go back to your PoE1 game because having reached Twin Elms and having done the DLC you are like 90% of the way done the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Running into an issue in my current ironman run in BG2. In the mages stronghold quest you get apprentices and they can make 3 items for you but they risk dying. The first one we don't care about. The 2nd one of the possible choices is a scroll of Horrid Wilting, the third choice one of the possible options of a Ring of Wizardry. I know picking the ring kills 2 of them and requires all 3 to be alive to attempt it. My question is does horrid wilting kill any of the apprentices? The scroll would be nice, but the ring is priceless.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Charname is nearing HLA's and Edwin is about to hit 8th level spells. Two Rings of Wizardry is better than one. The Horrid Wilting will be very useful. I also managed to randomly loot two copies of Mordenkainen's Sword. Jan can't cast it yet but I have a copy for him when he can I guess. For now Charname and Edwin can summon like 10 swords a day. More with Project Image.

One thing I screwed up I had no idea was possible was Anomens quest. I made all the correct quest choices, but my reputation was too low so they failed him anyway. Never ran into that before so kind of a bummer.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

More attacks is generally best and you only need 2 pips to dual wield effectively. If you are starting at level 1 you can only put two pips into any weapon anyway.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Rappaport posted:

Yeah, you find vials of a "mysterious liquid" and contaminated ore in the mines in BG1.

This was also related to an unfinished quest in BG1 that was added back in by a mod and is included by default in the EE.

Fun fact if you drink the liquid you lose 1 point of constitution permanently so maybe don't do that.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I could be misremembering, but I could have sworn the contaminated ore at least was in the base game.

It was but the quest was non functional IIRC.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

They need to be willing to come back and Khalid is happy in the afterlife sorry. Now go bone your adoptive mom that just had her husband die.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If you have any party members from bg1 that don't appear in SoD then at the end of the dungeon you start off in they will leave forever any take any items equipped. Any items in their inventory will end up in a special chest that follows you as you move camp through the whole game. Also you lose all your money at the end of that dungeon so spend what you can on consumable items from the flaming fist cleric. Imoen is not a party member but all her items will be in a chest when you leave the dungeon if you previously used her. The bg1 npcs you can use in Sod are Edwin, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheria, Sefana, Viconia, Khalid, Dorn, Rassad, Baeloth, Neera and I think that is all. Some of them don't appear until a good deal further into the expansion so could be a good idea to put their items into their inventory just to have the items sooner but not absolutely required. They will have their items later on when you meet them.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It was meant to be picked up in BG2 during their planned expansion taking place between SoA and ToB but it was cancelled after SoD underperformed. Real sad we will never get it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Please keep going.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

They work just fine even on Windows 11.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

Do the enhanced editions have controller support on pc? I want to play them on my steam deck.

No.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The shortbow / longbow split kind of sucks because BG1 there is no good shortbow until you actually get inside the city. Then BG2 if you put points into longbow in BG1 you were a sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

Bodhi and Irenicus have a telepathic link, I guess? :shrug:

I'm not going to actually look it up, but I'm pretty sure there is just a spell that would let you do this in pnp.