Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is there any word on a patch for BG2EE to fix some of the major issues it has? Such as not being able to save or rest if you have any source of damage that might effect you such as Berserker Rage or Spirit Armor. Or the fact that Slayer is completely broken and you can only use it once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does breach get rid of stoneskin? Was fighting the shadow dragon in BG2 and none of my melee fighters were able to apply any damage at all. Even after repeatedly casting breach. It wasn't giving me messages like the weapon was too low enchanted so it wasn't that I don't think. I was getting hit rolls but no damage was applied.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Dreadfully sorry Aerie I know you wanted that sword to get you rescued but my wild mage accidentally gated in a pit fiend who then because of atweaks gated in some more fiends. I'm sure you were just some kind of monster anyway.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It is a bug with bg2ee that slayer only works once. Maybe they will fix it sometime this month which will mean that fairly major bug lasted 2 months without a fix.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Demi Lich's require +4 or better weapons. There are not a ton of them in early BG2.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The ring is legit one of the best items in the entire series.

Decided to start a half elf, fighter/mage/thief solo run. All those other party members were nothing but xp sponges. It is kinda weird how in a party based game it actually does you more harm than good to have a full party. 6 people is just too many. 3-4 seems a much better balance. 1 is for crazy people.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

We'll maybe the first 5 or 6 times you play the game you do progress.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You are going to want to reload a save yeah.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I decided to give another go at planescape torment and that game is pretty alright. Been having a fun time wandering around with morte and dakkon. It can be hard to get into but pays off well once you get rolling.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

As someone that has always been interested in Planescape Torment but never really been able to get into it I must say it is really worth the effort of trying. I am maybe 6 or 7 hours in so far and every moment of it has been fantastic. It can be a bit slow to start when you don't really know what you are doing or what the game is actually like, but if you just explore and go with the flow it becomes a really engaging experience. Anyone that hasn't played it really needs to.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I ran into an issue where the current version of the widescreen mod caused it certain parts of the game to crash. Turns out someone else had made updated it to version 3.06b other than the thebigg and that solved it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Been playing more Planescape and I figure I am most of the way through the game now. I am in curst after defeating ravel Can't believe I have never played this game before. Also concerning Annah I kissed her. Does this game actually have some kind of romance system? I feel kinda obligated to stay true to the ghost girl in the mortuary.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Did they ever release another patch for bg2ee or is one of the most defining features of the main character still broken some 3 months later. Last I checked their forums they said they were working on android version instead.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Jive One posted:

Was creating a new elven archer to use through the trilogy and miraculously rolled a 100 with 18/77 strength, the highest roll I've ever seen. Works for me since I wanted an easy, stress-free play-through anyways. :cool:

Keep rolling til you get a 100 with 18/00

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Pick pocketing ribald in the adventure mart is a fun time. Would do so again. A++++ Rating for that store.

Started a multiplayer run by myself with a thief/fighter and a cleric/mage. I guess I could have actually accomplished the same thing with Aerie instead of a second PC but then again it's Aerie.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I thought maybe the countdown was going to be they would finally release a patch for BG2EE to fix major bugs like one of the most important features in the game not working. 6 months and no patch. Glad Android users can be the worse game of the two though.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've beaten BG1 twice before and that was probably two times too many. I just don't really enjoy BG1 and only really attempt to play it out some kind of duty. BG2 is a massively better game in every way.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Not sure this is the case but not all mods work with the EE versions.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What is the best way to make a wild mage super broken? I always hear people talk about how great they are but I never really knew how.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I like using Slayer and am still super mad about this whole thing.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

fighter/mage with staff of the magi, ring of gaxx, ring of wizardry, robe of venca, amulet of power, belt of whatever str, cloak of mirroring, circlet of nethril, did I miss anything?

edit: boots of speed

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

amanasleep posted:

Unless you want to do melee damage or are playing a class that can't use it.

On the other hand the damage difference isn't that big if you want to do melee damage and all the things it does is huge.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well yesterday after posting my idea for ideal staff of the magi use I made my Mage/fighter and went solo through everything until spell hold where I gained a new party member. Things were going very well I had gotten ring of wizardy robe of Vecna the amulet of power early on and loaded was using a quarterstaff +2 fore my heavy lifting until I could get staff of the rynn. Once I got that I grabbed Jan to be on trap duty where I proceed to knock out a series of lichs netting me ring of gas which was most beloved for not needing to use potions to heal. Sadly Jan got turned to stone retrieving the staff of the magi and I had no means to restore him. After I got this set of gear the rest of the game was pretty much a walk. I hit epic level by the time I met mook and every fight was trivial. Staff of the magi absolutely destroyed everyone. Catching up to more recent times I was clearing out the under dark when I was hit by a nasty bug that prevented the drow quest line from proceeding. Forced to kill the silver dragon to have a chance to continue my game really bummed me out. I was trying to be a good person and that felt awful. Overall Mage fighter with the staff of the magi rocks your socks.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

Intelligence can be 17, I don't recall if EE mechanics require casters to have high Int.

EE does in fact require enough INT to cast spells not just learn them.

Actually maybe it doesnt? Unless that is something I modded out. Nevermind disregard this post.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mislead is crazy loving broken. It is pretty much just cheating. If you cast it before you know enemies are coming up they will all just stand there doing nothing as you kill them with melee or cast spells over and over. Doesn't work on dragons though or some other random enemies including torgal the troll at the keep.m

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Basically half orc, gnome, halfling, dwarf won't be romanced by anyone.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Jeheira is super strong, Khalid is garbage and I would have him suicide and ditch his corpse if you ditch him while he is alive jaheria leaves with him. Dual classing from a mage to a fighter at level 1 is incredibly dumb, because bg 1 is werid, sword and shield style is worthless to put points in but using a 1 handed weapon with a shield can be okay.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Probably a problem with your os/intel graphics. I've never heard of that problem before.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Just got done installing big world project and it is time to gently caress up some kobolds. Finally got all these mods installed without errors.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was tempted to install that in my BWP install but settled on Imoen Friendship instead. Was probably a good move.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So I made a mage/thief and it turns out to be a good combo because fill every slot with invis and then backstab for a billion damage. If I have improved invis on does it help me hide in shadows?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Playing with spell revisions which nerfed the gently caress out of mislead sadly. Can't attack or cast spells.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I wish there was a mod to get the stats from bg1 stat books on a freshly made bg2 character mod. I really don't like BG1 at all so I have no desire to play it and just end up adding the stats in shadowkeeper.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is there any big advantage to being a Mage in Planescape as opposed to another class?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If you play as someone else during that expansion fine but if it's supposed to be the bhaal spawn that is really dumb. It will be a few hours of content at most and they will charge 20 dollars because of course they will. There isn't a whole lot of story to tell in between those games or levels to do it with.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does using Slayer make a Paladin fall? I want to do a solo run as an inquisitor running Ascension which supposedly makes Slayer not poo poo.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That's what bg2tweak 100% spell learn and no maximum cap mod is for.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Multiclass grand mastery and minimum stats 15? Get on my level. I play the game to have fun which is being overpowered as gently caress as possible.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can someone give me a primer on playing a wild mage? Everyone talks about how amazing they are but I just don't see it. Everytime I try to play one none of their spells work and it is not very fun .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Would solo/small party size also be really good so they reach high levels fast?