Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I like the OP, hell of a job, though the Nameless One can't become a cleric :colbert: Also you should probably write that Wisdom adds saving throws in the lower races.

I'd also like to use the start of the new thread to pimp my mod, at this point it's basically Unfinished Business-Lite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

MegaGatts posted:

Are you talking about shorty saving throws? I thought those come from constitution.

Aughh that's right I am dumb :(

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Captain Oblivious posted:

Now I'm super confused as to why I thought she was a Drow. I know that claim was made repeatedly. ...I think?

She's black and drows are black too.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

massive rear end torture chamber

Oh my god

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Snicker-Snack posted:

Yes. You can tell if it's real shadows when your character gets darker.

Or just memorize all light maps

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Boogle posted:

Honestly there is no canon party. You can have people moving in and out for the entirety of the first game. The people you end up with at the start of BG2 are just those who happened to be with the main character before he/she got kidnapped.

Khalid, Jaheira, Xan, Montaron, Xzar :colbert: Then you lose them all though.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Factor_VIII posted:

only +6 weapon in ToB.

What? There's the Satan Halberd, Ixil's Nail, and the Anti-Dragon Halberd. +6 weapons are rare, but that's because they're pretty bad when compared to two-weapon fighting :v:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Factor_VIII posted:

Staff of the Magi has a +1 bonus (but is treated as +5 for damage immunity) and the improved Mace of Disruption is +2. I had misremembered regarding Crom Faeyr and thought it stayed a +3 weapon.

Dragon's Bane is +3 against everything but dragons. But yes, improved Ravager, Ixil's Spike (and improved Staff of the Ram) are also +6 weapons.

Doesn't it stil lcount as +6 for overcoming immunities?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Ughh I can't remember all the inconsistent rules about damage and enchantments.

Factor_VIII posted:

Are you thinking of Dragon's Breath? That haldberd is +4. And where are you getting that the +2 Mace of Disruption strikes as a +5 weapon for damage immunity? It doesn't say that in its description.

That's like, a well known fact, maan

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

uwu culture posted:

I've been wondering since I was little, who are the people in the Shadows of Amn emblem supposed to be?

An Indian and a werebeetle.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Cythereal posted:

Odd. The version I heard was that the original plan was for Imoen to transform into the Slayer in Suldanessellar and you'd be forced to kill her.

Actually this is the most plausible version as it explains the Suldanesselar part of the novelization.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Well, most novelizations, like game guides, are based from the less than final version of the gme. I wouldn't be surprised if what happened was that they gave Athans a very rough draft of the game script and told him to go nuts

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

I'm surprised Jan has so many fans honestly. The dude is just nonstop monkey cheese ~so random~ bullshit, CAD style. At least Minsc has the decency to thoroughly abuse metaphors in creative if insane ways.

HAve you seen Beamdog's forums? Those people gobble this poo poo right up.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Affi posted:

I Uh. I uh. I read the OP and it dawned on me.. is charisma not a necessary stat for sorcerors? I thought they gave you extra spells :(

Why the gently caress am I playing a sorc with 18 charisma?

Sorcerer has no need for any stats.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Hughlander posted:

Cursed belt of hill giant strength (sets strength to 19 but int to 6

Wouldn't that effectively grant immunity to mind flayers and possibly absurdly high int scores due to number rollover?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
If anyone is interested, I finished the new version of :siren:MY MOD:siren:, which started out as a supplement to Unfinished Business.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Bioware really, really liked Arkanis for some reason.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Deranged M posted:

Just ditched Jaheira for Valygar. Though Jaheira stated getting some really useful spells I was kinda really interested in Valygar's quest + one less companion to wine all the time :words:

Valygar doesn't really have a quest, all you need to enter the Planar Sphere is his body. Dead or alive.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

John McCain posted:

Literally nothing except equipment carries over from BG1 to BG2 in the non-Enhanced game anyway (and I doubt they changed BG2EE to make anything carry over from BG1EE). No plot variables or anything were ever saved. There's no reason to think you'd have any trouble importing from BG1EE to vanilla BG2 unless you have character kits or items that were added in the EE.

Technically not true, if you import your characters, and he has Drizzt's items when stripped of his possessions, then Drizzt knows that he was killed and you need to talk your way out of it. It's a cool mechanic but since you can't import SPRITE_IS_DEAD variables then it only works with characters with unique, droppable items

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

John McCain posted:

Friendly fire is always on in all the IE games.

*Doesn't apply to spells with FF turned off!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Viconia was supposed to be a loving werewolf, but it was scrapped even before coding any of this stuff, and thank god.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I retooled the Slayer Test Area to be activated by a brand new dream instead of some lazy bullshit :shobon: downloadable here.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Honestly, it beats me. I can't blame time constraints, since almost everything was added already (sometimes with voice acting, even. Doubly hilarious because translated games translate even those lines, so the Slayer's voice actor, unique to that one line, got paid and never saw his work in the game), and it's not a flavor-based decision, since nothing apart from the early-scrapped Earth Plane is particularly off the model.
Anyway, almost all the files are prefixed by their plot occurance, so it's the matter of finding creature files not called by scripts or areas! Same with false()'d out dialog states, which means they can't ever trigger, and items. It's way harder with loose dialog strings, because they are unassigned and therefore impossible to find without manually browsing the entire dialog files. Doesn't help that the string order is completely random. Also, UB probably couldn't add some of my findings, since a few dozens versions of weidu ago there was a lack of cool functions you could call without overriding the files.

I still have a kinda big list of things to add, and it expands every time when I start to think that this is it! I won't add some stuff I found, though, like a guy putting Jaheira in stasis when you cure her curse. Because I'm pretty sure that would break her romance even more. Other stuff is just pointless or bad, like sacrificing experience instead of a stat in Spellhold, or Wishing yourself stat upgrades, or more handholding, like Imoen telling you to disable the lightning machine or the wand traps, or an inforegion in WK telling you there are balls of color drawn on the floor. Maybe the first one I will tho because I remember being dumbfounded on my very first playthrough. And since EE is out I'm more confident that there are people willing to play with mods on the first try :v

But right now I'm on a mac, and discovered that the GOG mac version is absolutely broken. The key file is missing stuff like ambient sounds or map tilesets, and the Polish version has no polish letters. loving hell.

Examples that are not more of "x had a dialog option":
1. In the Underdark there's a small part of the map that you were supposed to get in by temporarily changing into a squirrel. No idea what's in there right now, since my tools are barely working.
2. The beholder chest was supposed to be guarded by more people! All of them are named "Sziltar's apparition", which is a drow name. One of them even has a full script! Choice quote:
@50045 = ~Mortal simpletons control us not. Thou hast invaded our domain and so shall we invade thine!~
...which doesn't really sound like something you say when you pop out of a chest. Maybe I'll just stuff him in the hole, it makes it sound better.
3. A truckload of spells! Some are cool, like Sandform or Spacewarp, which pulls enemies from an area into one point. I am kinda apprehensive about restoring spells though, there are a billion mods which do that already.

Oh, and one more: BG2 was supposed to have a deathmatch mode in multiplayer! It was set in the Durlag's Tower, and the goal was to find a randomly-placed Rogue Stone before anyone else could. Curiously, the area files are implemented, with all the containers and traps and an extra for the announcer and shop, but the maps themselves are just not there. But modding it in is a bit out of my scope! Or probably anyone's, maybe except ascension64. That man can code wonders.

e2:
Have one more because I can't stop talking about stuff I like! In all the area files, there's a field for a "wind speed" value. As far as I know it doesn't affect anything and there are only three maps when it's set to more than 0: Mir Forest Temple(5), North Forest (4) and the ship fight between Saemon and Githyanki(100 :eyepop:).

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 31, 2014

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Big World Project relies on you downloading and installing manually.Big World Setup does stuff automatically, but fucks up along the way if a newer version is available.

e: I just discovered I accidentally introduced a bug to the item and the megainstall :ohdear: it's fixed now but I got like 500 downloads in the meantime, hope it won't bite me in the rear end later

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 31, 2014

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Preferably just after UB! :)
Well yeah, but that's what I meant. Experience is absolutely everywhere in the game, so it's not such a big loss, while getting a -1 to a stat can hurt you. Never too much, but you know, roleplaying. :v:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
He'd get drunk faster, which means more money saved!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

BadAstronaut posted:

Stats suggestion for Undead Hunter? Go go go - keen to try this out! Thanks goons :)

Paladins' stats are always bad, since the stat minimum of 75 includes the 30 locked in wisdom and charisma, so just go nuts with whatever!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Skwirl posted:

Aside from completely circumstantial occasions (Mace of Disruption+2 is great against liches, there aren't that many liches in the game) what is better? I can think of maybe 3 weapons that are about par with Carsomyr for the game.

Dual wielding is always stronger.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Smol posted:

I'd say that dual wielding isn't always better, because Carsomyr.

Purifier is basically one-handed Carsomyr. :v: Agreed on Ixil's Spike, though, it owns hugely and the pin damage will destroy every caster. Too bad about it being a spear, which is worthless
Anyway, mod update. I wanted to get all of this in v5 but I didn't really have the time and concentrated on the stuff that could make it into Vorgen's LP!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

amanasleep posted:

Does Purifier Dispel on hit?

well no but
You need to get through WK/Underdark to get any spear better than +3, at which point you're mostly done with the game. So you either go with lovely weapons you can't hurt lots of enemies with, or you get the strongest weapon (Ixil's) at the start and then there's no progression :geno: There still aren't as bad as bastard swords, where all of the good swords are tuckered in the Underdark or Watcher's Keep.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Radio Talmudist posted:

If I want to play all the party NPC quests, can I just go around picking up NPCs, doing their various quests, and then drop them off? Do I have to do all that stuff before chapter 2 ends?

And btw, is chapter 2 the longest part of the game?

Technically chapters 2, 3 and 6 contend for the "longest" title, since you can do all of the sidequests in them, but since you have to do main quests in #3 I'd say it's the longest :v:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Radio Talmudist posted:

What's the cheesiest, most game-breakingly crazy thing you've done in an infinity ward game?

A sick 360 no scope across the map.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Cast Simulacrum, petrify it, cure it, and you have a fully-functioning cloned party member.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Vorgen posted:

Ooooh! how long does this clone last?

Forever! Quick guide:
You need two scrolls/spells of Stone to Flesh, some cursed potions of invulnerability (Available at Roger's, Adratha's and Cragmoon's shops), Project Image and Simulacrum. Normal petrifying won't work, though, as it doesn't remove the spell-clones from the party.

You make them chug, and sooner or later they will be cursed. Then you turn them into flesh again, and suddenly the scripts go awry.

Simulacrums don't have a *J dialog, yet the BeenInParty() flag has clearly been set, since they copy all the local globals from the caster. So they default to the multiplayer dialog:

And, well, they join you. However, they are no longer gimped/limited copies. Fully functional with all the stats and equipment of the original caster. The only difference is that they don't retain any existing special abilities. Also, they are permanent. Have fun!

e: Also, you can't remove their equipment, ever, so you get stuck with whatever they had on them. All the items are undroppable/unmoveable.

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 13, 2014

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
e: Wait, when they use it? Then yes.

Also, if they get petrified again they just die the normal death. It has to be Death/Petrification, not State/Petrify though, so only the potion works! It's because death can forcibly remove someone from your party.

ANIME MONSTROSITY fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 13, 2014

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I had some free time today, so I put together an Icewind Dale 2 Fixpack. Downloadable here. I think that's like the fifth IWD2 mod in existence

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
oh god i hosed up
She has a copied loose false'd statement in her dialog file and with her script it means she won't stop repeating this because there are no ways of changing the true() state ever :bang: I'm really sorry for loving up like this.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Well, since she doesn't appear as a ghost, you can't kill her with the game activator, so just enter ctrlaltdelete:SetGlobal("OriaEssence_dead","GLOBAL",1) in the cheat console :blush:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

John McCain posted:

Some lovely and ridiculous ones include: You can only ever use the Slayer Transformation once; Luck permanently fucks you over by removing weapon proficiencies; Drow equipment crashes your game after you leave the Underdark; dividing stacks can crash your game.

The overhaul forums have literal thousands of unsolved bug reports, its hilarious

Basic Chunnel posted:

Another possible issue with the IWD2 fixpack (again, dunno if this is native to the game or due to the mod) - the Yuan-Ti leader in the third level of Dragon's Eye (the one who's getting swamped by efreeti), after summoning his snake mob, turns into a snake and teleports away. He's supposed to reappear elsewhere in the level but he doesn't, I assume there's a trigger that hasn't fired.

I'll check it out when I get up, thanks man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Hey Vorgen, do you have Imoen Romance installed?