Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Is BG1:EE pretty much bug free now? And how buggy is BG2:EE at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Karmalaa70 posted:

Looks like they'll be patching BG2EE tonight to fix memory leak and disappearing mobs on reload.

Are there any other significant issues with BG2EE?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
How difficult would BG1 and TotSC be with either a Cleric or Mage but not both in the party? I want to do a run with a "canonical" party and there's only room for one of them. I've got Jaheira but I figured since she's multiclass she may not be able to take on all the cleric stuff by herself.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

kingcom posted:

Just to confirm the canonical party is CharName, Imoen, Jahiera, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir right? That should be reasonable to go with as Jahiera can mostly cover the cleric bases for BG1 anyway. TotSC demon boss of bullshit may be tough but otherwise your fine.

Yes exactly, thanks.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
They were the 5 that were with you when you were captured at the start of BG2. Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira escape with you, Khalid and Dynaheir get murdered.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Oh I know, that's why I put "canonical" in quotes. I just haven't played this game in a decade and thought it'd be nice to roll with that party this time round.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Tzarnal posted:

I also frequently end up doing this and then switching her stat scores around ( just which number goes where ) so it makes more sense as a fighter/cleric.

Out of interest what number did you put where?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Tzarnal posted:

Str 18
Dex 19
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 14
Cha 10

Biggest problem with that layout is that she only gets a safety of one hit on mindflayers without protection spells, its tempting to put the 18 into con but she is an elf and they get a con penalty, I suppose you could simulate that by making it str 16 con 17. I only do it this way because it makes me feel like i'm not quite cheating her stats to be optimal.

Is there a reason you didn't put 16 or 18 (from Dex) into Wis? I thought Clerics needed that as high as possible

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Going back to the earlier discussion about Fighter/Mage multiclass being better than Kansai/Mage dualclass, doesn't the former have very limited HLA slots? If things like Whirlwind Attack/Hardiness/etc are such game-changers aren't they somewhat weakened by only having 5 slots for fighter HLAs before hitting the XP cap? And even then you wouldn't get HLAs at all until a long way into ToB. Plus you only get 3 slots for Mage HLAs.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

gender illusionist posted:

gently caress the xp cap, I like levelling up too much to leave it in.
e: I think you get to choose whatever HLA you want, not just the class that levels up. Plus there's only really two killer mage HLAs - improved alacrity and dragons breath.

Even without the XP cap and with the choice of HLAs, you still won't actually get any HLAs until a long way into ToB right? I haven't played in years and years so there's a good chance I'm wrong on this. And how much of a weakness is the inability to wear armour as a straight F/M multi?

I'm not necessarily saying that K/M dual is "better", it's just that I've forgotten a lot of the details so recommending a F/M multi seems a little strange to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Suspicious posted:

A fighter/mage multi will start getting HLAs at 3 million exp total, not separately. Only the level 9 spells won't be selectable until 6 million exp total. He can also wear any armor he wants and wear bracers or gauntlets. A kensai/mage can't do either.

Ah, that's totally different then. I thought HLAs were based on reaching level 20 per class rather than 3m XP overall. Yeah, I get it now.

One last thing though: does a F/M wearing armour interfere with casting in any way?

Attestant posted:

I can't really think of an armor you'd want to wear over the Robe of Vecna though, especially if you're Kensai/Mage. And AC bracers are pretty lousy anyways, when you're a dude that can tank with mirror images, stone skins, etc.

You don't get that robe until BG2 though, and even then it's expensive at the start of the game. Definitely the armour of choice once you can afford it though

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 29, 2013