Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Granted it is not out yet but no mention of GemRB? Shame OP. Shame.

(EDIT) And spell my name right at least. Sheesh.

(EDIT 2) Danke Sehr

Malek fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't follow. More likely it's the name. Sounds like something the Drow would come up with.

Hexxat is a Human Vampire Thief. (New Enhanced Edition Character)
Viconia is a Drow (Dark Elf) Cleric.

VVV: Tina Turner is black too.

Malek fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 20, 2013

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

cheesetriangles posted:

Apparently Jaheria gets really mad if you kick her out late in her storyline. Sorry babe but I needed that ring of wizardry just not you.

Which is funny cause petrification also boots them out of the party... if I recall, I did a Flesh to Stone spell on her and she left in a huff. Gee thanks you frigid stoney bitch.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Mustang posted:

It's been years since I've played BG and I'm replaying it with BG:EE. Is there a mod that works with the enhanced edition that disables NPC party conflicts?

I was going to suggest the BG2tweaks mod but since I installed it, I can't shape shift, looks like 1.2 BG:EE Patch may have broke it.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
^^^^^: This is what I'm hoping to do but I'm wanting a tweak pack to fix up the shifter gently caress-ups that Beamdog won't be fixing.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, I meant to type tweak pack, not fixpack. I want my casting/thieving in heavy armour and my item stacks, drat it.

The only component I installed that actually messes with item description text is the rebalanced proficiencies, but that doesn't seem to be the culprit. I guess I'll have to uninstall the whole thing and verify each component individually.

I'm trying to use the BG2tweak pack on BG1EE and it's throwing back errors for my shifter. The 14 version I'm seeing apparently was made before the mega patch.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Scorchy posted:

Xan and Branwen were in the tutorial.

Yes there is a tutorial.

They were also in the main quest of BG1 in the first area along the road to the East of the map.

King Doom posted:

The main character in the books is named Abdel and is given a rowboat to go to spellhold, Khalid beats Jaheria, Imoen is a lesbian, Everyone dies apart from Abdel. Sarevok dies offscreen in a fight against an army of dragons. He kills all of them aside from the big named one while unarmed. You couldn't write a worse book without it actually counting as a war crime.

This poo poo 100%. Minsc also had bright red hair... I royally hated that book and actually burned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Pwnstar posted:

Baldur's Gate 1 is more about playing smart by necessity than in BG2 where you are powerrful enough to do whatever most of the time. As a level 1 scrub wizard I could cast one spell a day then I'd be done, unless I wanted to get some extreme rock throwing action going on with monsters that could easily kill me in one hit. I ran into a dude who told me there was an ogre walking around the area, which can hit me so hard that I'd explode into tiny pieces. I memorized the Sleep spell and went exploring, when I found the Ogre I cast my one spell and he had a nice nap. Then I threw rocks at him until he died, looted his corpse and equipped a magical belt which changed me into a lady.

baldursgate.txt right here.