Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Great thread - thank you. Can you please add to the I can't hurt this monster, help! section of the OP a breakdown of each of the golem types and the required weapon (blunt, or +3 or whatever)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

OK this is pretty annoying. Hexxat quest in BG2:EE. I have spoken to the knight guard guy who gave me the rod, but I have no idea where to use it. So I am walking around and attacking shadow creatures and finding no door or place to use the item... any help?

EDIT: Found it. That loving bucket thing, wtf.

And how... loving... bad... is Hexxat's voice acting? Wow.

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 25, 2013

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Also the new lines of dialogue are sometimes just... silly. Like they tried to throw in too many comic options instead of actual possible real responses. Just for this quest so far I'm noticing it. It seems a little bit out of place.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

This Dragomir fight. Bullshit. I'm normally not a sperging nerd about this kind of thing but this is really not as good and well designed as the original BG2 content. From the voice acting to the dialogue options to the weird bucket-to-open-a-tomb to the way that literally only two items in my inventory, and no magic, can affect this enemy? What the gently caress Overhaul Games?

So if I tell this quest to gently caress right off for a while and go level up, get some better items and some potions to spam and overcome this terrible quest, how much time do I have before Hexxat gives up on me and I fail the quest?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Isn't the Hexxat voice acting for that part of the quest intentional?

I get exactly what it is trying to do, but it is not doing it well or convincingly.

How long do I have before Hexxat leaves (does this quest have a time limit)?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Sigh. I'll stop describing my opinion of something that I think could have been pulled off much better.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

OK, so, uh is Dragomir disappearing a known bug? I left the tomb to get some better kit, came back, put the rod in the bucket, went to his chamber, no Dragomir...

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I just installed a patch/update but can't see patch notes anywhere... anyone know what they changed?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Piell posted:

Play the game. Paladin and Fighter are basically equal in power level.

I've never played a pure Fighter. What advantage does straight fighter have over a Paladin with same stats?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Stats suggestion for Undead Hunter? Go go go - keen to try this out! Thanks goons :)

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

So an Undead Hunter is not a bad character to go with? I'm going to start one now then on my Android tablet. I'm trying to think but can't see anything better for weapon proficiency for this class than longsword and longbow?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

drat, I already started with longsword and longbow. How long will it be before I can max out two-handed - how many levels do I need to climb? And can paladins only get two slots in a proficiency?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Disco Infiva posted:

you can always use shadow keeper to redistribute those points.

Not on Android I can't :)

No big deal - I'm fine with this guy as is. I'll get those two handed slots as soon as I can.
What is a fun way to play as a tanky main character - this Undead Hunter doesn't have much going for him in terms of strategy beyond potion up and get swinging/flinging arrows.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Without a faq for a long time. There's so much to explore and do. Invest a lot of hours just checking all the maps and areas. Just don't ignore companions asking you to complete their quests or they might bail on you permanently.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Take your time getting there though. :)

While not as rich and populated as the sequel, there is a lot to do before reaching Baldur's Gate.

Beyond "Coming Soon", is there any word in a tweet or interview you guys may have seen that indicates when the iOS release will come? I think I will hold out for that one unless this goes on 50% sale some time soon.

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 31, 2014

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Is there any legal reason why we would not see Planescape:EE come from Beamdog?

Is Icewind Dale 2:WE up next?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Quantumfate posted:

For what it's worth, I think :10bux: is more than fair for icewind dale on my tablet. The mobile controls are fantastic. The UI changes are useful when it comes to the mobile realm, but I do have to agree that outside of all the bugfixing and correcting running problems it probably wouldn't be worth the 20 for the PC version.

But isn't it only :10bux: because you didn't buy the in app purchases?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I don't know but I think in the iOS thread someone said there most likely would be :(

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Grrr, hurry up and get approved on iOS, please, IWD:EE

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Just saw you can give you cleric a 9 and a 3 in their stats. What attributes are these, and would someone be so kind as to outline all the useless stats for the major character classes?

I'd imagine a fighter has zero need for either intelligence, charisma or wisdom. A thief can probably put nothing into wisdom or charisma. Can mage classes ignore charisma and wisdom? Can a paladin have almost no intelligence?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

The system was not designed for computer games, but for a human dungeon master who could think up challenges on the fly that would require characters without dump stats.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Jumped on iwd:ee on iPad and it's party creating time!

Can monks get high enough level in iwd to be worth a slot in the party?

Is a pure thief needed for tap detection and lock picking or is there a first-class option that won't make him a lousy thief/other class? I'm usually not a big fan of the slow level progression that non-pure characters dedicated to more than one class experience, but I'll try it this game.

I want something more exciting than a straight fighter- bear in mind that one character will likely be a monk so something else is needed.

I'm thinking of a druid/mage and a cleric/something for two of my characters.

This leaves me with one more character. Suggestions?

Monk
Fighter kit
Thief/something
Mage/druid
Cleric/something
???

Edit:
So I went with.

Sun soul Monk
Half orc barbarian
Gnome illusionist thief
Totemic druid
Priest of Talos
Invoker

What you reckon?

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 11, 2014

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Hmmm, is it possible to restart with the characters I have made for my current game? Sounds like I should swap out the monk, and replace with an arcane caster. When I get round to IWD2 I'll get a monk in there as it will be much higher levels.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I mean, can I restart IWDEE with 5 of my current characters, drop the monk and replace him with a newly rolled arcane caster?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Wow, IWD:EE works so well on an iPad mini. Excellent work Beamdog. Really, really hope we see IWD2 and Planescape: Torment as well.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

How about they actually patch BGIIEE like a responsible company? It got slammed in ratings on GOG for still having so many bugs one year on, and rightly so.

I spoke to Trent Oster and that's what he said they are focusing on next- ie, before IWD2 or Planescape.

(Games journalist)

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 12, 2014

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Airfoil posted:

I'm assuming he didn't actually confirm they're planning to do EE versions of Planescape and IWD2.

No confirm, no deny, just clear about BG2EE bugs bring their focus now...

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Draile posted:

I would pay full price for an iOS port of Planescape that did nothing but improve the resolution.

Me too. IWD on iPad has impressed me so much in how perfect it is on this device that I'll likely buy BG2 if/when it goes on sale, and IWD2 and Planescape would be day 1 buys as well.

I own bg1 and 2EE on PC and bg1EE on Android so I wish there was some way of getting it cheap/free if you already own it on another system.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Planescape is also the obvious candidate for a Story difficulty that sets all your stats to 18 or 25 to make the terrible combat more tolerable.

Yep, this is how I'd love to do alternative runs through the game. Good idea.

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 14, 2014

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Or be like me and roll in the 90s after about 15 seconds and end up with a superhuman Totemic Druid with 18 str, dex and charismawho becomes your front-runner for combat and conversions...

I did gently caress up on this intelligence as a dump stat thing in that some of my characters can not read our use scrolls... What's the int minimum for this?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I'm talking about iwd1ee. Is there any way without cheating to get +1 int to get it up to 9?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Does anyone know how to stop the apparent bug where turning undead stops instantly and you basically can't use it?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Where is the ring of intelligence in IWD? Could really do with that...

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Where is the frost giant cave? I just got to the temple of the everlasting God or something after finishing up the Vale of Shadows.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

One more Arcanum question: if I want to play for story and dialogue only, is this an option? Minimal combat and just go for the adventure of it? I don't mind spamming harm if that's the only way...

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I am 100% confident they will release it and don't get why, other than being a hater, one would actually believe otherwise.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

From that AMA: "I think our focus is changing from remastering older games to making new and original titles."

I'd be disappointed if they didn't do IWD2 and PST EEs before original games.
I'd also LOVE to see Fallout 1 and 2 enhanced. Those would be fantastic tablet games.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Taear posted:

I don't really think Torment needs one

I would pay $20 to have PS:T on my tablet even in its exact current form.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I moved to Iceland and my apartment is on Baldursgata it is true

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Wait, so there is actually a thing in the game that can result in more 'random' lightning strikes because of player action?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Did you just give everyone their own simulacrum?

Who is CHARNAME here? Looks like all NPC party?