Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
For people having issues with mages, the polymorph spell allows you to turn into a Mustard Jelly. Mustard Jelly has 100% magic resistance. Shapeshift, jelly over to the mage and go afk a couple minutes. Works really, really, really far into ToB as well. Just gotta be careful around stuff that slings imprison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Saki posted:

I'm getting a lot of invalid numbers with some conversations in my BG 2:EE game. Did they patch it? I know that can mess up dialogue strings.

Are you using a mod pack that changes/adds to one of the existing companions like neera or rasaad? If you are you need to reinstall it after the game patches.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Molybdenum posted:

UNNNNHHH

BG2EE I'm in the shadow temple, and I can't open the eyeball in the statue. I can detect the trap, and when I walk away so I don't get the dialog circle do-hickey, I can't select it. Holding tab doesn't highlight it. It has the +3 sling!!!! AIIEEEE

If it's the one I'm thinking of where you can't get to the container because the statue has the blue 'I'm an npc click to talk to me' circle thing, the trick is to move so the statue is in the FoW and then select the container.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Cythereal posted:

That gives me an idea. Maybe Beamdog should do enhanced editions of the Baldur's Gate novelizations as well. Can't be worse than the originals.

The main character in the books is named Abdel and is given a rowboat to go to spellhold, Khalid beats Jaheria, Imoen is a lesbian, Everyone dies apart from Abdel. Sarevok dies offscreen in a fight against an army of dragons. He kills all of them aside from the big named one while unarmed. You couldn't write a worse book without it actually counting as a war crime.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Yup. In the books Khalid is a wifebeater. Happens at the first inn the party stops in. Then later he gets killed off by some sort of weird slime monster.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
The axe you can buy in the copper coronet and the axe you find in the de'arnise treasure room/golem storage are an awesome pair, I stick 'em on Minsc and he's good to go till ToB.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Selane posted:

For another early game option, that sword that you get from the guys right before Faldorn is +4 for some reason.

Took me a minute to work out what sword you meant, but yeah, it gives +4 against some enemies and is pretty easy to get hold of relatively early on. It's easy to miss though, since if you don't ignore cernd when you meet him in the swamp he teleports you right past the fight where you get it. A nice partner for that sword is daystar. You get that from a liche in a hidden back room of the inn at the city gates. It's piss easy to do if you use a protection from undead scroll on someone and send them in solo. The liche will just stand there and be killed. Daystar gives +4 against some enemies as well but usually works as a +2.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

MrTheDevious posted:

Oh man BG2 is STUPID awesome fun. Barely out of the intro dungeon, found some sewers, died to a Raksasha, reloaded and smashed him, then met some sewer bandits I refused to give 1k gold to and they promptly obliterated me. Went back and coated the whole area in entangles and webs, then cloudkilled and spammed lightning and fireballs.

The only attack they got off was a disintegrate on Jahira and I just kept going since she was being a bitch anyway. So much sick loot :dance: Is there eventually a point where you can't cheese even really hard encounters just by laying down a ton of disables then spamming cloudkills and fireballs?

Just so you know, that rakshasa you killed drops a cloak, right? The cloak lets you turn into a mustard Jelly. Mustard Jellies have 100% magic immunity. Suddenly mage battles got a liiiiiiiitle bit easier.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
It'll take damage from some spells that aren't targeted at it, sometimes (It's kinda iffy like that) but direct spells aimed at the transformed guy will just fail.

If you want a challenge and you happen to loot a gem called a rogue stone from somewhere then you might want to go try opening random doors in the bridge district while you have the gem in your backback. Only good things will happen. Oh, and there's a house in the temple district where you found the sewer entrance with a pretty fun fight in it too. The quest it was part of never got finished so you never get told to go there by anyone.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Anyone got a solution for Hexxat being perma-fatigued? like literally four seconds after the party rests she announces she needs to visit dragomirs respite and she gets the fatigued debuff again.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
As long as she isn't in an outdoor area you can take the stat draining item in question off her and you get a thief with massive stats.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
As a pure thief Hexxat gets access to the most hilariously broken ability in game though, The spike trap! She's my dedicated dragon exploder and makes so many fights soooooooooooo much easier in ToB. I mean, you could take Jan but as a mage/thief he should be buying all the epic spells anyways, and he takes longer to get them I think.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Anyone want to tell me how you start Hexxat's ToB questline? Just got given the Casque of Imprisonment in Amkethran and I have no idea what to do with it. Can't equip or use it at all.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

King Doom posted:

Anyone want to tell me how you start Hexxat's ToB questline? Just got given the Casque of Imprisonment in Amkethran and I have no idea what to do with it. Can't equip or use it at all.

Kinda got lost on the end of the last page so I'll quote myself - anyone have any idea what to do here? I have one area left to visit before I'm done with ToB and I'd like to get Hexxat's stuff done.

Edit: Nevermind, got it. You need to actually use the talk to button on her to start it.

King Doom fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
For the people talking about the ending to the Hexxat romance, it's not awful, but it really is not amazing either. I'm gonna go ahead and paraphrase it here but It talks about that annoying woman who turns up to give Hexxat her missions from L more than Hexxat and the PC. 'Oh, wossname was very upset and totally told everyone how the big mean bhaalspawn stole her Hexxat away and are you paying attention SHE WAS SAD. LIKE REALLY SAD. And she told everyone. This is IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO KNOW. Also Hexxat and the PC get a house I guess. In Waterdeep. You really do only get a couple of lines about what Hexxat and the PC do after the game. Literally two or three lines. It really feels like they threw them in as an afterthought a few minutes before they shipped everything off to sell.