Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Tin Tim posted:

So playing BG2 again has got me thinking, what would be the best build for a melee only class if you really want to rip&tear? A pure dual wield Kensai comes to mind, but he's also a wet paper tissue and needs support spells. So can you do something amazing with maybe a dual classed zerker?
I had played a dual-wielding Kensai in BG1 and the Mage spell Spirit Armor really boosted his AC so that it was at the same level or better as that of other warriors. If you have a Mage with you then I wouldn't worry about your AC.

I had played a human out of personal preference, but if you want a single class Kensai I'd suggest going with a Half-Orc for the 19 starting Str and Con. Just max out all physical stats and you're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Forever_Peace posted:

Ok I'll start with Viconia, then toss in Wilson or something once minsc bites the dust.
Wilson is literally the worst potential party member in the game. I'd even suggest getting Cernd over him.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Selane posted:

I've never played EE but I find it hard to believe that there can be a character worse than Cernd.
At least Cernd can be kept in the back of the party and used as a pure caster. Wilson can't use any gear, can only drink healing potions, his rage is weak and he has terrible AC. He won't last long in melee but unlike Cernd doesn't have a use outside of it.