Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

MegaGatts posted:

And as of right now I know of no good PS:T or IWD2 mods.

There are a couple of nice UI mods for Torment and Icewind Dale 2 that are to be used in conjunction with the IE widescreen mod that fix a host of issues such as nicely filling in the black space in the menus with appropriate-looking graphics and the off-center interface bar in Icewind Dale 2.

Ghostdog's Planescape: Torment UI mod

Some French guy's Icewind Dale 2 UI mod (in French, but easy to figure out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Brownview posted:

I'm sure this was covered in the other thread, but what are some great dual-wield combinations? I remember seeing the flail of ages come up a few times, what are some good offhand weapons, early or endgame?

The extra attack that Belm (+2 scimitar of speed) and Kundane (+1 short sword of speed) grant you will actually apply to your main hand weapon if you equip either in your offhand. So it's a good idea to pair 'em up with a really kickass, heavy-hitting weapon even though they're otherwise unremarkable +1/+2 weapons.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Was Pool of Radiance that game that used to delete vital system components from your hard drive if you tried to uninstall it or something?

That was the terrible 2001 reboot, not the original Gold Box Pool of Radiance.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

People who force their fighters to have 3 charisma are dead to me

I'm that weirdo who only slightly min-maxes and will still dole out stat points like I'm creating a well-rounded character with personality, even if a game gives me no means of expressing it. Hence even fighters in IE games will get some wisdom and charisma from me. Or like, I could give this guy 18/35 STR, but I just don't think of him as that bulky, so 17 it is.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Temple of Elemental Evil's UI is still my favorite, especially for being the only D&D game I can think of to let me split up magic missiles among multiple targets as the gods intended.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

JustJeff88 posted:

I am sad that the code for IWD2 is lost and we won't see an EE of that game, but I don't remember it being that challenging.

Who knows how this'll turn out, but there's a modding group that's been working on a IWD2:EE for a few years now and it's currently in beta-testing. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79872/icewind-dale-2-enhanced-edition-is-here-and-the-red-chimera-group-is-looking-for-playtesters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I hope it turns out well. Been itching for a replay myself but I think I'll wait to see if it comes to fruition. It's such a goddamn beautiful game. RPG's need to bring back carved-from-stone UIs. Thinkin' back to reviews at the time lambasting it for looking "dated" compared to the glorious, Dorito-headed character models of NWN.