Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
To add more months to the template just copy and paste BN:CC into CD and then the equivalent cell references going forward. It will update all the formulas automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I've thought about it, but charging people to help them get out debt isn't really in my interest. Other than "MORE MONEY IS ALWAYS GOOD". I don't really need the money either. And if I don't charge no one can get mad at me if I just ignore them because I'm busy with other things.

EDIT: The only thing you should need to do to get this working for August 1st is to clear out any transactions I've got for testing on the transaction tab. Then simply remove any categories you're not using (delete cells, shift cells up, should work, don't delete the entire row). Alternatively just fill it in for August and debt tracker, send it back to me, I'll clean it up and send it back to you.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I don't budget the way the above poster does, but I 100% see the pros of doing it that way. I budget my entire year in January and budget months for when I know certain expenses are coming up. I then just budget a generic amount every month for "emergency expense" which is separate from my "emergency fund".

EDIT: I think the above poster subscribes to the $120 for registration due in December so budget $10 a month. I would just put the $120 in my December budget.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Bugamol on your spreadsheet do I bother with savings goals? Or is it all considered money in the bank and it gets used as needed for stuff like big expenses?

I don't. I track my savings goals differently, but for you it might be a good idea to just add some dummy "buffer accounts" under Checking / Savings etc that aren't real account, but allow you to accumulate dollars. I can set it up for you if you need it. As other people have mentioned, outstanding any major foresight into future expenses the majority of your spending buckets shouldn't change month to month. I personally don't "roll over" my excess as some do, but again if you think that would be helpful I can set the spreadsheet up to carry over your blow category totals month to month.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Looks good so far. You're dangerously close to being over budget already on some categories, especially considering it's the 4th. Hopefully this spreadsheet will give you line of sight to those types of problems and cause you to rethink you're spending. It will also hopefully help you understand what you're really spending each month and help to set realistic obtainable goals. Or you could go to the Slow Motion route and motivate yourself through constant failure. Whatever works for you.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I'm assuming he had a washer/dryer in his old place since he just moved.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

I never followed up with the thread but the first 2 daycares we looked into were I think $750/mo 5 days a week (maybe 3 I'll have to double check), and $1,000/mo (definitely 5 days a week).

So pretty much exactly as much as everyone said it would cost. Good luck on the work from home thing. I have a few friends whose wives tried this and it did not last very long.

It is going to be entirely dependent on the temperament of your baby. My first niece was the cutest, sweetest child in the world. She slept through the night, rarely cried, and was okay with being held by anyone/being left alone in a rocking seat. They decided to have a second child and my second niece was the loudest, most temperamental, hell child I've ever seen.

I think trying to work from home is a good backup plan, and it's a great idea to start immediately. Work at work during the day and work from home at night. It's not going to be easier with a newborn. Plus it gives you time to see how much she can make and how quickly the burn out will start to set in.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I'm not in tax, but I'm pretty sure as long as it's born before 12:00 AM January 1st 2015 you can claim the credit and dependent. I'm guessing the credit is $1,000 and the additional dependent you would have to calculate with an income tax calculator but probably roughly another 1,000. So you're looking at owing $3,000 to the IRS right after having a baby.

Keeping all of that in mind, you should definitely stop spending money on anything that isn't essential. If you're having trouble staying in your discretionary spending now it will only intensify with a new baby/child. Cute clothes, cute toys, cute whatever.

Add onto that the fact that you know daycare would be about $1000 a month you should just assume your wife is going to work (work full time and not be able to see her child all day to net $500 a month???).

If you're not having a mild panic attack then you've got bigger balls than I do.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

spwrozek posted:

You should have more money taken out of your check starting now. If you owe too much you get to pay a penalty on top of what you owe... Yay.

The penalty is a joke, but ya it's true should start buffering what you owe now rather than getting a bill later.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
The real issue is days ago you bought a Kindle and blew like half your blow budgets by combining with your wife and putting some in another category, etc. Then you claim it's okay because you're definitely not going to spend more. Not going to happen. You're sticking to the budget. Now days later you're trying to pad an extra $100 into blow because you've run out. Now that's everyone jumped on you about that you're considering returning the Kindle that days earlier you assured everyone was a great purchase and an investment so you can spend money on something else. And we're still only a handful of days into the month.

Can't you see what's wrong here?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Knyteguy. I think it's important to point out that this conversation and comments on this thread have nothing to do with how much you spend. The issue is that you have a really hard time sticking to budget. This is a normal conversation, even from the start of this thread in November (and possibly in your previous thready).

K - Knyteguy
T - Thread

K - "Hey guys I budgeted $100 for fun money this month!"
T - "Seems a little high with all your upcoming expenses and uncertainty, but if you stick to it you should be okay"
K - "I'm going to stick to it! 100%! I can be determined when I want to be! We're going to have $20,000 saved in just three months!"
T - "Focus on saving now, not long term projections of how much you might have"
K - "Hey thread it's day 3 in the month and I spent $94 of fun money! It's okay! This is a one time purchase! And it adds value savings for x, y, z"!
T - "Seems somewhat scary that you've spent all your fun money already and it's a few days in are you sure you needed one time purchase?"
K - "Ya guys it's great. It's going to save me money and I'm going to use it all the time!"
K - "Hey guys, unexpected expense came up (speeding ticket, debt settlement, birthday, party, get together, we got lazy and went out to eat), probably going to need to increase my fun money account or take it from somewhere else"
T - Collective sigh, reiterate what has been said for 20+ pages
K - "I don't know what you guys want me to do! I should be able to reward myself! Plus it's okay because now it's just going to take 5 months to save $20,000!"

Rinse, repeat, dollar values can change, categories can change, excuses change, but it's been a consistent trend.

E: Accidentally a word

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 14, 2014

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I'm waiting for him to buy a new computer. I'm almost certain it's coming. Due to simple timing he's going to have $4,000 sitting in the bank this month and it's going to burn a hole in his pocket. He's already made a few casual mentions that he needs to upgrade his rig. It will be followed by many "It's an investment!" "My last computer lasted 5 years!" "It's where I spend most of my free time!"

Either that or it's going to *cough*"break"*cough* and he'll have to replace it.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Everything is going well so far this month! I unfortunately had to buy a new computer because mine died over the weekend. The motherboard went out and it's going to cost too much to try and find one compatible with all of my current components and just makes more sense to upgrade. I was able to salvage a few components to save me some money, but the new computer ended up costing $1427.68. I have to have one for work and for my side business so there's really no way to get around it. I was already considering upgrading anyway and knew this was a possibility so it's not like this was completely unplanned.

Fake Knyteguy quote just in case this goes down in a few months and I quote myself to see how accurate I was.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Jeffrey posted:

Yeah I backhandedly suggested this earlier. Watching at a friend's house also seems like a good option.

To be fair to Knyteguy on this one he did back out of getting cable (I think?). I don't think it's unreasonable for him to want to spend $130 to have access to quality games on demand without having to worry about lovely streaming speeds and quality.

The alternative is spending $100+ a month on cable which he isn't doing.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I still think since I believe his original plan was to get cable TV + the football package and he's "compromised" to just getting the streaming package online it's pretty reasonable.

We can quickly get into a debate against "what's needed in life" vs. "what isn't needed in life" and we can all live in cardboard boxes and take our showers at gyms, but at some point you need to have a marginal amount of comfort in your life.

I'm not a huge sports fan, but I can see that if you were you would want to watch the games somehow. Going to a friends house, a bar, etc is a temporary solution that could end up costing you the same if not more money. Go to a friends house, decide to have a BBQ and some beers ($40). Go to a bar get an appetizer and one drink ($15). Over the course of a football season this could quickly add up.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Goons/Video Game Nerds. The only group who thinks it's hilarious to steal software, music, tv shows, and movies. On the flipside "HOW DARE YOU HAVE AD BLOCK ON WHILE WATCHING TWITCH. THAT'S HOW THESE GUYS EARN MONEY." Gotta love it.

Back on topic. At least with the football poo poo Knyteguy has the foresight to actually think about it as a future expense. And didn't just come bumbling into the thread early next month going "welp I spent my whole entertainment/blow budget on a season pass".

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

What should we do with this savings we have at the end of this month? Siphon it to the car to help get us out of being underwater on it? Dave Ramsey recommends having a $1k emergency fund, then paying off all debt, then saving up a fat 3-6mo expense emergency fund. The hospital/doctors will take interest free payments.

Not sure if I agree with that but...

I'd leave it all in savings. I thought you had a goal of like $18,000 in savings by the time the baby was born? When you say "savings" do you mean "money that is in my savings account in liquid cash form" or "money that I didn't spend that I threw at debt"?

EDIT: I'm still on your side about the football package. I think not getting it will make you run the risk of spending more money trying to watch games. However if you do get it you should absolutely be watching every game from home and not spending money going out to catch a game. Don't double dip on it.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Jesus Christ. You're treating the guy like he's $200,000 in debt and making $10/hr.

Is his situation perfect? Absolutely not.
Does he need to reign in his superfluous spending? Absolutely.
Does he need to be thinking about the future with a baby coming and a possible change in income dynamic? Absolutely.
Should he be savings more towards retirement? Depends on when he wants to retire.

But we're talking about $130 for a guy whose currently taking home ~$63,600/yr. I'm assuming you never spend any money on anything that isn't an absolute necessity right Nocheez?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

moana posted:

And yes, Bugamol, if I had less than 10k in savings and a child on the way, I would be getting rid of every single hobby that costs me money, and adopting hobbies that pay me money. No question about it.

Have you ever had to do this? Did you do it? Did you stick to it? For the majority of people the "Cold Turkey" approach is probably going to fail. I fully 100% agree that Knyteguy justifies too many "1 time expenses" and it's why he ends up spending all of his money. However I don't believe CUT ALL SPENDING LIVE IN BOX is the right solution either. I think he's in a comfortable enough place income wise that just making smart choices with his spending will get him back on track.

I was under the impression the nfl package was coming out of the entertainment or blow budget. Maybe I read that incorrectly. You definitely shouldn't be adding a line item to your budget to pay for it.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

moana posted:

You're talking to the wrong person, my last hobby (writing) turned into a six-figure career. Most of the stuff I do for fun I end up teaching for profit. I just hate to spend money on things due to growing up poor. But then again, I love cheap stuff like reading and gardening. Knyteguy isn't naturally frugal, and if he wants to get out of debt and retire early he needs to change his underlying attitude more than he needs to cut specific items imo.

Then, with no experience, why are you telling someone who clearly has a spending problem to "just get over it bro"?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Cicero posted:

...are you suggesting KnyteGuy is so addicted to spending he just can't stop himself?

From his spending habits when he made a thread 3 years ago and so far in this thread that's exactly what I'm saying. The PS4, Kindle, etc are all prime examples of it. I think he's getting better, but still has a major problem with GIVE ME NOW. Like trying to be a washing machine for his apartment after doing 1 load of laundry and the laundromat and decided it was too much.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Really the biggest change from anything is L4, which we decided to pay off since it was 6.5% interest and it's one less thing to worry about now.

So what this shows me is that you are not planning on spending any money for the next 14 days of the month on food or entertainment?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

I'm not exactly a shining example of implementation here and I'm still learning a lot of this stuff myself, but consider this: I can put aside $400.00 right now to buy a new Playstation 4 next week. There now I've planned for it, I can take take the hit and still make my bills, but does that mean I should? Would you advise me to pick up a PS4? How much interest would you save putting that towards one of your loans, or alternatively how much interest could you turn that money into if you saved it for 1 year? How about 10 years?

An alternative to this would be making a nice meal (but frugally) together at home, or if you're feeling lazy pick up a frozen lasagna and a bottle of wine or something. Eating out is expensive (trust me I know).

You said this well in another thread, but still have trouble applying it to your own life. Replace PS4 if your above post with Kindle. At the end of the day you're the one who has to make yourself successful. If you can buy a kindle and still meet your budgets and savings goals then it's not that big of deal.

Good luck. I hope you return to the thread and post your spending for August in September. If you met all of your budgets and spending goals for the month any other discussion doesn't really matter.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
You shouldn't do this because you have a history of overspending. The only thing that has stopped you from spending more is that you didn't have any access to credit. Think back a few months to when you were "on the right track" and then blew all your savings. Imagine that, but now add in a $10,000 credit line that you get to blow through as well.

The short term benefits to your credit score are going to be pretty negligible. The long term benefits will only materialize if you use them smartly over 3-5+ years. Not something you've historically been good at. I guess at this point the discussion doesn't really matter because you already applied. Good luck. Hope you use it wisely.

I really believe this month and next month are going to be the major tells on whether or not your serious about any of this. You've got $4,500 just burning in your pocket and you're so desperate to spend that you rationalized a secured credit card. Just remember. You can talk about your future all you want, but you're history doesn't look great. It's wonderful that you made it one month staying relatively even to budget, but it's a marathon not a sprint.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
To be fair. You were completely 100% setup to have a good month last month. No rent payment. Already purchased food. What I like to refer to as "runner's high". Meaning you are still excited about savings. It's not necessarily something that is part of your life yet. The buzz will go away and that's when you'll get in danger of spending. Be honest with yourself and know that it's a real risk (you've done it multiple times in your past).

If you can continue on the success of August you're setting yourself up to be in great shape. However you have a long way to go.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

We use it for everything since we don't have cable

Don't you have a chromecast? What is a PS3 doing for you that the chromecast won't? This whole post screams "mental gymnastics".

We have to have it! Check
Something is breaking so it's just a replacement! Check
It through some weird napkin math makes financial sense! Check

If you could have only slipped in that it's going to save you money somehow you'd have the whole package.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I could dig through your thread and figure it out, but how much are you saving on rent compared to your old place? I hope it's a shitload because it seems horrible and like most of your decisions... Not well thought out.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I think Knyteguy should spend his entire savings on gift cards. Now stay with me here. That way going forward he can be on budget because anytime he wants to spend money he'll just use the gift cards he bought in a previous month and it won't count.

As stupid as that sounds it's basically what you're doing buy going WAY OVER BUDGET in one month just so you can STAY IN BUDGET the next month. Spending $700 ($400 above budget assuming it was $300) on groceries in June so you can spend $100 ($200 below budget assuming it was $300) in July still makes your total YTD over budget.

You need to set a budget, and stick to it, even if that means making hard decisions like telling your friends/parents/grandparents that you can't go out to dinner for their birthday. This is probably the hardest part about budgeting because most people don't want to give off the perception that they are "cheap".

As always good luck. Hopefully someday it will really click. I can't remember where you said you live, but if you think $300 is enough money to take a vacation to the bay area, with your spending tendencies, :lol: .

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

I can stick with this "crash diet". We've done it before, I can do it again. That budget is realistic, and I can do that.

You say this over and over again and yet for the past 3 years that you've been making/posting in budget threads you've never once actually proved it. Being successful for one month and then overspending in the next doesn't count.

Knyteguy posted:

My wife and I will need to revisit the budget some months from now, but I'm confident we can do it, even if I get an urge to buy something stupid because it's hard and stressful.

A budget isn't supposed to change. Unless there's major life changing events that you couldn't predict.

Correct Budget Change: You break your leg, miss work, and have medical bills. Budget needs to change to reflect a decreased spending and possibly dipping into the emergency fund to cover.

Incorrect Budget Change: I want a PS4 so now this month discretionary is $600 higher!

When you went on your first "crash diet" everyone warned you that you need to be more realistic and you scoffed at thread talking about how "disciplined" you were and how "you never spent money on video games" and how you "rarely buy things for yourself" and how "your wife is cheap and won't spend money". And then 1-2 months later it's "oops sorry guys trip, video games, spending budget, unhappy, need to have, etc".

Honestly though I think the only thing that separates you from Slow Motion is Slow Motion laughed at thread where you just come in bashful/remorseful about your mistakes. And yet at the end of the day Slow Motion is out of debt (sans 401k loan) and you've made almost no progress all year.

Your other issue is that you can't please everyone. And at the end of the day it's your life. Figure out what works best for you and go with it. Plenty of people live happily paycheck to paycheck.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
For reference I'm moving to a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath 1572 sqft town house ($1495/mo 25.8% of take home income). 9 mile 14 minute commute. My family consists of myself, wife, and 12 pound dog. I cannot imagine living in a place as tiny as where you're living. Do I need the space I have? Absolutely not, but it's great having a bedroom, a game room, and my wife gets a craft room. Plus we can have people over and it's in a really nice part of the town we live in.

If it was me? I would move ASAP to a "middle ground". Not as much as you were paying before, but more than what you have now. Chock it up as a learning experience to think through decisions more. Everything about where you're living now sounds horrible though to be honest and moving after the baby definitely isn't going to be "easier".

You really need to be deciding on whether or not your wife is going to work and what the cost impact is either way? Do you live close enough to a family member that would be willing to baby sit for free or cheap? That might be the best option.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

April posted:

Probably because you yourself said about 4 pages ago that the plan is for her to stay home and take care of the baby?

If she's planning on going back to work, have you looked into childcare expenses in your area?

He looked at child care expenses and it was like $800-$1500. A bit cheaper if they did some weird swing shift thing where they only dropped the baby off on certain days between certain times. That's when he decided his wife would stay home because it's basically what she makes. I've only recently heard him go back to she is going to stay working.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Wasn't she trying out transcribing at one point or something? What happened to that? That was another one of those sure fire 100% going to be awesome things that hasn't really panned out.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
The fact that you have an EXTRA 51" 3D 1080P TV speaks volumes of your life/lifestyle/and current situation. What size is your "primary" TV?

Also "bad smell" -> "black mold" -> "we might have to move" in the span of one thought process also speaks volumes of your life/lifestyle/and current situation.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I haven't been following this thread with as much detail as I used to, but this seems like typical Knyteguy. "Understand budgeting"/"buckles down"/"can be disciplined when he needs to" for 4-6 weeks and then "SOMETHING DRAMATIC" which leads to "SPEND ALL THE MONEY".

If you look back at his past thread or even this thread which dates back about a year now this has pretty much been the cycle. Good luck dude. Looking forward to the post in 2-3 years: "Knyteguy's Finance Thread - Second Baby on the Way, Help me save up $20k for a house! Grandma said she'll match!".

For your sake I hope I'm wrong.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Veskit posted:

To give Knyte credit, he gets things way easier, and isn't nearly as clueless as he once was. He now has all the tools, and has demonstrated he knows how to use them.

The issue is nobody knows if he can consistently do it. He's never proven that. At least the rent isnt' astronomical, so good call on that. Hopefully a 250 dollar per month quality of life change for the house, REALLY reflects what 250 dollars is worth in comparison to some dumb toy.

I think I've said it before, maybe not, but the only thing that separates Knyteguy and Slow Motion is that Knyteguy comes back here bashful and claims "I'll do better! I can do better! I get it now! Words!" whereas Slow Motion basically flips off the thread and laughs.

And yet Slow Motion is more on track to getting out of debt than Knyteguy is. The true test for both of them will be 2015.

Will Slow Motion continue the trend of September and go back into debt?

Will Knyteguy be able to mange his finances for more than 1-2 months without going into desperate "buy buy buy buy buy buy" mode?

EDIT: Again I hope the absolute best for Knyteguy and have since last year. It's just. He's been all talk for basically 3 years now with no actual long term results. Just napkin math about where he's going to be in 6 months if he can control his impulse control. He has continued to show (time and time again) that he has bursts of extremely strong self control. Which he normally vaporizes by a handful of impulse purchases.

I'm even for him moving. I just think him stepping away from the thread because he's "on the right track" is a bad idea.

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 21, 2014

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I'm 100% not trying to beat him down. I'm 100% hopeful that he can make it 3 full months staying on track.

Concerns:

I find it pretty shocking that the only cost to break his lease is his deposit forfeiture. That's pretty much unheard of because the deposit is supposed to cover damage you do not breaking the lease early. Usually this cost is at least one month's rent if not more. ($500-$1000)

I don't see anywhere that he called out what the deposit will be on his new place. Usually houses require a full months rent + an additional pet deposit as a deposit. ($1000-$2000)

Needs a washer/dryer. ($200-$1000)

Christmas is just around the corner. ($$$$?)

That alone would pretty much wipe out his savings.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Thanks Rurutia / Veskit.

Bug just to answer your questions:

Lease Break:
My wife was incorrect with the amount of the lease break (I wasn't there for the lease signing explanation). Lease break is 1.5 months rent, but deposit is not forfeited. Deposit is $550 so it's about $70 more than I expected. We should get most of our deposit back. I've actually never lost anything beyond a mandatory cleaning fee on a deposit.

Rental house deposit:
Deposit: $1,100. Pet Deposit: $500

Washer/Dryer:
Don't need washer/dryer unit has both.

Holidays:
Christmas will come from our holiday savings fund and discretionary only.

We also don't need to pay a full month's rent in our apartment for November - they'll prorate. So we'll pay half a month of our apartment, half a month of the rental house. No double dipping.

We have $1950 saved in our moving fund. That'll cover the deposits on the new place, and leave us $350 for the rest of the move. Again while still meeting the rest of our savings goals. Moving forward we'll no longer need a moving category so everything we've been allotting there can go into our other savings goals.

$500 pet deposit seems really low. Are you sure that's not per pet up to a maximum? The place we moved into was $500 per pet up to $1500 maximum.

It does not even remotely surprise me that you are continuing to miscalculate how much things are going to cost, and something you obviously still need to put in a lot of work on.

Did you get approved for this house yet?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Of course it will be worth it. Even if it's $100, it's worth it. What hardship are you really experiencing here? It's not even your own floor that has a hole in it.

You're not single. It's not like you have to worry about what your date will think of your place on Saturday night. It is worth it.

It smells bad dude, they should give him like $10k cash because of it. The landlord totally did this on purpose just to screw with Knyteguy!

Knyteguy posted:

Now if you'll excuse me Goons I'm going to start selling drugs for money on the side. Why didn't I think of that before?

I understand you're kidding around here, but please don't get back into the mind set of "I know it's bad, but other people are worse!". That's a really easy way to start making excuses that will put you right back in the hole you're trying to climb out of, and I feel like it's been part of your "financial problem" from the start. "I'm no Slow Motion! I'm not as bad as X!".

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Now just think! You can spend a few hundred thousand dollars on a house and when this happens not only will you be just as upset you will have to pay for everyone to come out and fix it!

I agree it's a pretty lovely situation to be in, but poo poo happens and it actually sounds like your landlord is doing a great job. Wait for that to happen at a house rental that's just a random person and not run by a management organization and wait to see how long it takes to get it fixed. And they will only want to work on weekends in the morning because that's when they're off.

EDIT: To your point. If it was me I would probably end up staying at a friends, relatives, or renting a hotel room for a few nights. But I'm not broke with 5 pets and a baby on the way. It's almost as if the decision you've made in your past do affect your future even if you just want to scream "I can change guys! I can change! That was old me!".

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
You have made, at best, two months of "progress". Since this thread has started you've shown on multiple occasions that you can make that money disappear in a weekend.

You dropped a bomb literally weeks ago about debt you hadn't ever previously talked about. From a dollars standpoint you're actually much further behind now than you were previously.

From an attitude perspective I'm still on the fence. You've proven since the beginning of the thread you can talk the talk. However you've yet to prove you can go through with long term lifestyle changes. It's hard to tell if you're still on a fad Atkins diet, or if you've actually made serious long term changes. You're like the person everyone has in their life that comes in talking loudly about how they've changed there ways, they're exercising, they're eating better, and they've lost 20 pounds! Only to come back 6 months later having gained 30 pounds.

That being said. I'm hopeful for you as I have been since the beginning of the thread. I hope that you move, everything goes well, your wife births a healthy baby, goes back to work (or stays home), and that you can continue on the long path of debt repayment as well as saving for your house.

However your attitude of "I don't need this thread anymore I saved money for 45 days guys" is pretty stupid, and is when I'm so cynical about your thread and recent posts.

• Locked thread