Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Bugamol posted:

I had the same reaction. $510 a month for a Corolla of all things, if I remember correctly.

And enough negative equity to borrow $25k to get a Corolla. The MSRP for a Corolla starts at $17k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Depending on how new your car is, it can be trivially easy to install an aftermarket head unit. Even a sub-$100 radio can have Bluetooth support and include a microphone for taking phone calls.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

BloodBag posted:

I'm guessing KGWife is pregnant again and he's scared to tell us.

Beat me to it.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I saw a fourth gen Camaro the other day and the reason I bring it up is because they were loving everywhere for a while and now they're mostly either rotting in a junkyard or in front of a trailer.

Knyte, you probably could have done a better job getting a car that's more useful for your family. Something with 4 doors, safe, reliable, and that gets good fuel mileage.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Justadae posted:

Sell the car, fly to Chicago in a few weeks, buy my 1999 Toyota Camry with ~111,000 miles on it for like $1000 (moving to the city from the 'burbs and don't want to pay for parking) plus the cost of transferring the plates to you or w/e the DMV would have you do, drive it home and enjoy a decent car that needs a bit of work (rear struts/shocks and new brake pads) but that can comfortably fit your family.

This is actually a great deal. I drove one of these for about 6 years, and did the struts myself. You can get cheap struts on eBay for $50/corner, and rent the spring compressor from Auto Zone.

Seriously, that was probably the best car I ever owned. I regret selling it.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Is this not the age of the internet? Is there no such thing as video conferencing or telephone therapy?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

BloodBag posted:

I'd be on the phone with them right the gently caress now, not 'in a week'.

Seriously. Do you make $800 an hour? Because if not, then an hour on the phone now is time well spent.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Knyteguy posted:

Oh man what a missed opportunity! Now it will be expected.

Cornholio did it better. And by "it", I mean everything in his thread.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I passed a broken-down 4th gen Camaro on the way into work and thought of you, Knyteguy. Just thought you'd like to know :)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
He said he was taking a 2-3 month break about a month ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
To be fair, things didn't exactly go great when he was here either.

I think he needs more help than a business-minded section of a comedy forum can provide, honestly.

• Locked thread