Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I was all set to make a snarky reply, but for some reason I'm in a charitable mood: Knyteguy, your credit limit is not an 'emergency fund'. It's not uncommon for credit lines to be lowered or closed if your utilization and/or credit score drops. You also can't pay rent with a credit card, at least not without paying some hefty fees. For these reasons (among others) you can't count it. Being a month ahead is sort-of okay, but it's still not really emergency savings. Your emergency fund should be 6 months cash, or something else that's easily accessible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I think it's great that you were "budgeting" and getting quotes for a transmission change a few months ago, and yet now that there's an actual use for your car's emergency fund there's nothing in it and you don't really need the car at all.

A DUI is way more than $800, but this does seem fishy. Your insurance ended on 12/22, right? As I read it your fine shouldn't be anywhere close to $800 since it's less than 90 days.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
Hmm, let me take a look at his reviews since he's only got a 1.5 star rating. Ok, so most people think he over prescribes and he's the subject of a class action lawsuit.

Here's a snippet from #3:

[quote=]
Do not, do not, do not, see this doctor.

If you need psychiatric help, you're going to find that most psychiatrists in Reno have long wait times. And you're going to feel like you need help -now- and that asking you to wait six weeks misses the whole point. Not so with Dr. Assad: he can see you later in the week.
[/quote]

It's almost like she was reading my mind! Is this the best you can find, or just the best you can find with an opening before May 1? I just hope this is a joke post.

• Locked thread