Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Knyteguy posted:

We just talked to our credit union about refinancing our truck that's through them (10.95%) so we should find out about that... today probably. We need to keep the truck; I'm looking at it out my window and there's a foot of snow on it. They're necessary here in Reno. My snow-renowned Subaru Impreza WRX would often overheat due to no clearance from the snow.
I'm going to try to say this nicely but that is complete nonesense. You do not need a truck in Reno. I have lived my entire life in areas snowier then that including a city with over 200 inches of snow a year on average and I knew plenty of people who got around all winter in compact cars. If you got a Subaru Impreza stuck I'm guessing you did something wrong that you can learn from. The only people who need a truck are people who do a lot of offroading or need to carry large amount of lumber or similar things. That truck is likely killing you with that interest rates and gas, get rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
He said he lives in Reno, I assume Nevada in which case it can get some bad storms but only get a couple feet of snow a year total.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Knyteguy posted:

Unrelated to the vehicle, but since we're talking about Reno snow:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ren...php%3B400%3B248

We actually lived at that place in the third picture. The storms get crazy here. Not all the time or even most of the time, but definitely often enough to consider it a concern. That's an honest opinion from two people who've lived here our entire lives.
And speaking as someone who has lived in the great lakes region for their entire life that doesn't seem very bad. I have a 10 year old sedan that has gotten my wife and I through winters on the shore of Lake Superior, you don't need a truck in Reno.

neaden fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 5, 2013

• Locked thread