Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013

Knyteguy posted:

Get off your high horse. THIS is why I don't loving share details sometimes. Jeez.
It's like you're not even reading your own thread.

The bullshit artist who just spent pages lying to everybody has earned being taken down a few pegs. Shut up and take it.

You still don't get it. It's not the fuckup that draws ire. It's the way you go about it after the fact.

But yes, it's the thread's fault you wasted $2000 worth of therapy sessions on who the gently caress knows what. All our fault. You'd be successful if it weren't for that darn Internet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013

Knyteguy posted:

So all of this, you tell me OF what does honesty about poo poo bring to the table now that you've seen it in full swing? Before it was simply an overage, a footnote. Now I'm a cokehead chain smoking alcohol literally oppressing my family and I spend $2000 a month on vices every single month.

The fuckup doesn't draw ire you're right. It draws judgement. I don't need a bunch of strangers judging me on details that frankly don't matter in a financial thread.
Horking Delight nailed it. Go read that post again.

You make the mistake of thinking that your current nugget of honesty is viewed in isolation. It's not, it's part of this whole month of being an rear end in a top hat to everybody. And you're still doing it. You're treating us as if we're stupid, and we don't like that. You drop a nugget about April and still don't come clean about August and you have the loving balls to get indignant about it when people still treat you as if you're being evasive. (Spoiler: you're still being evasive.)

Do you seriously not see this pattern? It's the same with your spending. You see each action in isolation and refuse to acknowledge let alone try to understand the greater context.

And people here would have been willing to help you with that, but you continue to lie and evade and blame others for your own fuckups.

Grow the gently caress up already. Stop acting like a bratty teenager. gently caress.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
Fart.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
I think it's hilarious that the Oculus was bought way outside of the budget, and now selling it is being considered a windfall.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaart.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

Fart.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttt.

Fart.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013

Knyteguy posted:

Hey thanks for contributing to the discussion with such thoughtful posts over and over

Fart.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
I simply don't know where to start.
Are finances a craft or an art?
He doesn't make changes,
He just rearranges.
Fa-a-a-a-a-a-art.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013

Bugamol posted:

I think it'd be great if you going forward anytime you wanted to buy something >$100 you posted in the thread about it and then didn't actually buy that thing until your post turns 30 days old. This isn't in anyway to get feedback from the forum on whether or not it's a good purchase (and I'd be willing to commit to making 0 comments about these purchases), but more about you documenting your desire for an item and then giving yourself a cool down period before buying. Hopefully this would curb impulse purchases and help you realize that you don't need a lot of the things you want to buy "in the moment"
This is the best idea in the thread.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
You don't get it. The job where he's underpaid and is doing the boss a lot of big favours by sticking around just isn't able to be negotiated whatsoever, not even for a medical appointment.

But his boss totally loves him and has his back and is looking out for him, for realz yo.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
Guys, he's totally getting a huge bonus in May. That will cover the dog surgery. It's cool, he has a plan.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
Why is nobody calling bullshit yet? This is the same pattern as before. Strange problems that don't hold up under scrutiny, a weirdly blasé attitude about a major issue, and a refusal to follow simple advice to fix it. This dude's an established massive liar, I don't know why people believe him this time around.

I mean, ooh, suddenly this flex schedule makes the car not needed? You mean the same flex schedule that I was begging you to arrange before you bought the car? Think how much further ahead you'd be on your Toyota debt if you had conducted a fifteen minute conversation six months ago. Oh, but you sold your dune buggy or whatever to pay for the Camaro, I forgot. How much did you get for it, again?

Safe money is on KG having realized the car was more expensive than he projected, and completely impractical for transporting a baby, and this is his story to make it not his fault.

Longer odds are on him having gotten a DUI and losing his license.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013

Knyteguy posted:

Priorities change. I want to get out of debt and start saving for a house.
With these brand new goals, maybe you should start a new thread.

Oh wait, that was the exact reason you started this thread several years ago. Guess you just forgot that those were your original priorities.

So how much did you get for whatever it was you were totally selling to pay for the Camaro that you've now decided you don't need? You know, the car you weren't going to compromise on, and that we should have just gotten off your back about because it totally doesn't fit the same old pattern, no way not this time guys I'm totally serious this time is different.

But you sold that other thing, right? That was a big part of justifying this, remember. Because this time is different.

Explain to me again why FAAAAAARRRRRTTTTT is not an appropriate response to this thread?

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
This thread is exhausting.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
STOP EVEN THINKING ABOUT THINKING OF BUYING A HOUSE!

Put it out of your head entirely. Even flirting with maybe starting to consider thinking about it is dangerous. That's how you end up in too little and too lovely of a house far too soon in an area you don't really want for way too much money and way too high of an interest rate.

First you get the money. Then you start thinking about what you want in a house.

You're not even at the starting line of getting the money.

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013

Knyteguy posted:

she's "afraid of touching my computer"
I'm way behind, but this is hilarious. Setting up another account is free. Then she can't gently caress up your settings or whatever.

Also stop thinking about what TV you're going to buy post-debt. TVs will be entirely different by then. Stop setting yourself up to spend. Stop window-shopping, for ANYTHING. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
OMG, I find it hilarious that he continues to hide purchases and then gets all pissy when people are all "WTF, dude?"

Why does this thread exist, again? Clearly KG has no interest in improving. I think he likes the abuse.

Edit: waitwaitwait, part of that obfuscation last fall was a loving COKE BENDER?! This is around the same time he bought the Camaro, right?

KG, I want to see a picture of you in one of those painters caps with the flaps in the back. For bonus points, wear acid-washed jeans and a too-big shirt with some crazy bright pattern on it. loving hell.

Old Fart fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 19, 2016

• Locked thread