Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Or just make like Clark Howard and dry your razor after each use. Each one will last months.

$100/month is not excessive for spending cash. Let your wife have something while you're indulging in next-gen video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Good job on the emergency fund. That will really help you break the cycle. Don't forget your up-to-date debt picture after you talk to the bank.

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 7, 2013

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Get this: http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tri-Angle-Sharpmaker-Sharpener-204MF/dp/B000Q9C4AE and save $40.

A cheap rear end knife can be sharp as hell if you actually sharpen it and not "hone" it or whatever.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Knyteguy posted:

I'm also following (just started) Dave Ramsey's method.

Sure doesn't sound like it.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Dave Ramsey's baby step #2 clearly lays out the order in which to pay down the debt. If you're not sure, you're not on the method. Also, there is no spending ahead of schedule because you're on the envelope system.

Knyteguy posted:

I'm thinking of tackling the unsubsidized student loan next, but I'll need to speak with my wife first to see what consensus we come to.

Knyteguy posted:

Edit: However I am trying to break out of the habit of spending ahead of schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

LoreOfSerpents posted:

write a heartfelt letter to the seller about why you're the perfect buyer

No joke, people actually do this in Seattle. The hard limit of two pets in a rental is real too.

Also, OP, I didn't mean to discourage you from the Dave Ramsey plan. It is solid and it worked great for me. However, at some point you will need to stop changing gears and actually grind out some results. That will matter far more than the particulars of your plan.

• Locked thread