Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Good work, now post a review on Glassdoor so others will know about the red flags without having to interview first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Rurutia posted:

Er, most people I think believe sick time is meant as you being sick, not your dependents. I've never known anyone to take off sick time because their children are sick, so I'm not sure if it's common or not.
Really? That's weird, people take a sick day to take care of sick kids/spouses/parents all the time where I work. We have unlimited sick time, which is pretty neat.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Cognitive Distortion would be a rad name for a band.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

I kind of feel like this thread should go through phases where it's closed for a month or two, then KG opens it up for a few weeks, then closes it again. Or maybe keep it open for a week or so when the past month's budget/reckoning is ready, then close it for a few weeks until the next time.

Maybe it's just me but it feels like both sides just keep repeating themselves over and over, and it's been happening for, well, years now.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Robo Boogie Bot posted:

Yes, because when you lived in a 2 bedroom apartment with your wife and five animals everything worked out so well. Adding another human to the mix and quartering the floor space will be much nicer.
Yeah I can appreciate the appeal of traveling a lot, and once you're out of debt/have a large emergency fund it'd be a cool thing to try, except that having 2 dogs and 2 cats in the RV sounds pretty miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

defectivemonkey posted:

On one hand he took a break for mental health reasons so I think if he's not updating the thread it means that still stands and we should respect it. On the other hand, it's frustrating when you spend a lot of time and energy trying to help someone and they disappear, which has happened in this thread a few times. I think it's reasonable for people to express that frustration. Especially because it's been two months, not two weeks.
In his last post he explicitly said he'd be gone for at least a couple months though.

quote:

After this therapy time I've done some reflection, and I've decided that I'm going to be taking a break from the thread/BFC for an indeterminate amount of time (2-3 months probably).

• Locked thread