Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

HooKars posted:

Is this your example of the hard sacrifices your making?

With Christmas coming up and the fact you mentioned having nieces/nephews - could you use the Best Buy credit so that Christmas doesn't cost you guys anything?

Knyteguy posted:

Maybe. They're all pretty much toddlers though. I don't know if there's much there for them.

Just don't buy them anything. The kids probably won't notice or care. They won't be emotionally wounded because the Doc McStuffins toy doctor kit was bought for them by someone besides you.

If their parents notice/care, they are grown-ups and should understand the concept of "I've made poor financial decisions and really can not afford to buy presents for kids who do not belong to me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

So we went and financed a new 60" television from Best Buy today. They told us there was interest free financing for two years on any purchase $1,000 and over, so we figured it was like free money and said screw it. We really needed a second television for the Playstation 4.

This is a joke, right?
You got beat up so badly in the thread for buying a PS4, and you bought a $1,000+ TV to match it while you are $30k in debt and have credit card accounts going to collections?
:ughh:

Dude, you're poor.
You used to be broke, when you were a student. Broke is a status. Poor is a lifestyle.
Poor people can never out-earn their spending. And saying we NEEDED a second television for my new PS4 is like, beyond pathetic.
How many weeks of making homemade bread and putting stuff in the chest freezer will it take to pay for that $1000+ impulse purchase?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Getting a full-time offer from Costco requires good networking, or being at the right place at the right time.
Much of their hiring is done for seasonal employees in October for November-January. They'll hire 30 people, and keep maybe two of them for full-time work afterwards (depending on what the store needs).

And if selling real estate was easy, everyone would do it. The hard part is getting and keeping a client.
For every realtor I know who is making good money, I know 3 or 4 others who are barely getting by, selling one or two houses a year.

And your wife is being paid criminally low wages. The going wisdom when I was in school from current research was that the big pay raises in careers don't usually come from moving up within the company, but from moving sideways to another company.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Cicero posted:

Good work on the biking. Now get one o' these:

:getin:

edit: y'know, once your kid is actually old enough (~1 year maybe?)

We can do better.

http://bikeportland.org/2012/06/28/with-six-kids-and-no-car-this-mom-does-it-all-by-bike-73731
I bet mom's got gnarly quads

• Locked thread