Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
But he's saving $4 a month on razors, shouldn't he reward himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
If you really do need a truck, why not sell the one you have and get an old beater truck? My husband and I have a 20+ year old 4x4 truck that my dad gave us and similar ones sell for about $1500. The insurance on it is like $70 every 6 months.

I have never understood the mindset of having a nice looking new truck. People who have nice trucks just want something to drive around town and look fancy (which is fine, to each his own). But if you really want a truck to have a truck and haul stuff around and do outdoorsy things, get something cheap and don't feel bad about tearing it up, getting it dirty, denting the bed by throwing heavy stuff in there, etc. If I had a truck that I paid a lot of money for I'd be pretty scared about taking it offroad and actually doing stuff with it, because of the money invested in it. I don't have a problem taking my truck anywhere, getting it stuck, getting a new dent in it now and then, getting it scratched up or having a little rust in the bed.

Only problem is, it gets <18 mpg. But we rarely take it on long outings, it's more of a ranch/work/hunting truck. Anyway just something to think about if you really think you need to have a truck.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

Never you mind posted:

Your electric bill will go up because of the freezer. It won't be a huge increase - probably a few bucks a month - and if you really do use the freezer and get all efficient with the leftovers and batch cooking and sale buying you will more than make up for it, but just be prepared. How much will depend on your provider, but a large chest freezer might be an additional $60/year to run.

Yeah it'll go up a little. Probably not that much though. I have a 3-year old energy star chest freezer and supposedly it costs $26 per year to run. That's what the manufacturer says anyway. So 2-3 bucks a month.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
She should definitely try for Costco again. The average wage for a cashier is something like $20/hour. I've got a degree in biology and no shame and I'd take a $20/hour job at Costco over a $9/hour biology job.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

bam thwok posted:

What the gently caress? Your landlord has to bribe tenants into paying rent on time?

I had a job like that. A job that I got through a workforce/temp agency. Every week when I picked up my paycheck I got to spin the "prize wheel" and get candy or a $5 gift card or something dumb like that. Apparently if you were a good little worker and actually made it to work every time you were scheduled that week you got rewarded by getting to spin the prize wheel. I was told it's pretty common for people to just skip out on work for no reason so they were trying to keep people from doing that by giving them candy for doing the bare minimum (just showing up to work).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

MrKatharsis posted:

Get this: http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tri-Angle-Sharpmaker-Sharpener-204MF/dp/B000Q9C4AE and save $40.

A cheap rear end knife can be sharp as hell if you actually sharpen it and not "hone" it or whatever.

This works just as well for half the price but yeah, I love those things. And they make GREAT gifts for people that you have no idea what to get.

http://www.amazon.com/Lansky-4-rod-...ywords=croc+box

Just buy one decent knife for $20-30. You don't need 15 knives.

• Locked thread