Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
You are Zaurg, down to the stupid speeding tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

antiga posted:

How does this work if you're not a Canadian citizen? Just walk in and pay cash? I have a hard time believing that's cheaper than insured care in the US but I've been very wrong before.

When I had kidney stones in Iceland they did blood work, had me in a bed for six hours, gave me some sort of painkiller (morphine?) and a CT scan. It cost me $600 out of pocket before I got reimbursed by my travel insurance, but that was the full price for it.

I've been told that the uninsured cost for all that in the USA would have been at least $2k. So yeah, I can believe it would be cheaper in Canada even if you had insurance.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

CuddleChunks posted:

No idea what to do with your pack of animals. Put them up at a temporary boarding place I guess.

He has FIVE pets. Most places are at least $20/night/animal. He's looking at $100 a night minimum.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Cheese owns though.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

I felt like I was in a bit of a catch-22 budgeting for the car. My family, my wife's family, and even my boss has been encouraging me to get one, but I kept holding out for finances and stuff. Finally I just gave in and tried to do it reasonably. That's not to say I didn't want one of course, either. I came to the conclusion after much thought.

None of them are paying for the car.

• Locked thread