Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I'm looking into a Windows tablet for work. Right now it's between the Samsung ATIV 3 and the Dell Venue 11 Pro. From what I read, the Venue 11 Pro may be the better buy.

What I want:

Keyboard accessory
Decent battery life
Fast processor

Any thoughts? Are there any alternatives I should consider? My budget is about $750, which unfortunately excludes the Surface Pro 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Thanks. I had forgotten about the original Yoga as an option. I may go the route of the Lenovo Outlet for a refurbished model.

Edit - looks like they're Windows RT machines on the outlet. So maybe not.

My budget will be pretty dead set at that amount. I actually recently bought a new 15.6" personal laptop strictly for home use but I became eligible for a program through my work which will reimburse me up to about $750 on a device. I'll be facing a pissed off wife of I have to spend any more money on a computer right now so I want the reimbursement to cover it completely.

I could probably see if I could submit the personal laptop for the reimbursement, but I'd like something a little smaller for porting around. That's why I was considering a tablet.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 17, 2013

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

My wife has been using a Nexus 7 from around when they first came out, and I want to get her a new tablet for her birthday.

What's the current top runner for 10" Android tablets? It would be used for typical tablet internetting crap. I'd like to stay under $500 (less is better, natch).

me your dad fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 9, 2014

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Is there any reason not to get the Kindle Fire HD 7 for my aging mom who just needs the simplest way to get on the web, check email and do mom things? It's $109 on Amazon right now.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Has anyone heard any updated rumors on the release date for the Yoga Tab 3 Plus? I thought it was October.