Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

What if I don't want an iPad though?

Hello, thread. My wife is looking for a tablet for her business needs. Shes rents out a space doing aesthetics and nails, and wants something that'll be inexpensive and workable for that. She plans to use it for basic internet/email/website functionality, basic business stuff like tracking finances, taking and posting photos of her work on the various socials, and as a "nice to have" sorta thing, if she can do some basic drawing/design work on it, then cool. If not though, then that's fine to. We're both generally not in favor of Apple as a company, unless there's literally no viable options otherwise.

Earlier today, she found a refurb Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 64GB for $175. Is that a decent tablet? Is that a decent deal? We're open to recommendations here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Endless Mike posted:

The A series is Samsung's mid-range, and the A7 is 3.5 years old. I wouldn't poopoo a mid-range Samsung, but probably not one that's quickly approaching the end of its support lifespan. Looks like the A9+ is $220 direct from Samsung, so you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere.

Got any recommendations for other sites to browse to find good pricing? Looks like on my end the A9+ 128GB with 8GB RAM is currently on sale for $239 via both Best Buy and direct from Samsung. It never hurts to shop around, but obviously it pays to be a bit cautious about where you buy from online these days.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Knowing what size tablet she'd ideally want to use, as well as realistic budget would help for getting suggestions.

If you are trying to stick with "cheaper" tablets, this isn't going to happen in a not-frustrating way

Yeah, like I said, the drawing thing was a "All else being equal, this would be neat to have". It's not required in any way for this thing. As far as budget, ~$250 give or take is ideal. She's pretty good with the A9+ that was already recommended, so unless we can find it cheaper somewhere, we're gonna get it from Best Buy in the next couple of days.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just about everything that isn’t an iPad loving sucks for anything except consuming media. Sometimes they even suck for that.

I say this as someone who doesn’t own an iPad so you know I’m not just being a weird Apple guy!!

Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd've gotten her a laptop instead of a tablet. But she wants the portability of a tablet instead of the ease of use of a physical keyboard, so... :shrug: