Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I need a new tablet for my 82 year old grandmother. She can get around on her kindle fire 10 inch okay enough, and likes the big screen, but complains about how heavy it is to hold up for long periods of time. Is there a large screen tablet out there that is particularly light?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

So my mom managed to destroy her latest tablet (Galaxy Tab S7+) and I need to find something new for her. I need it to run proper android as an app she uses regularly isn't available on the Amazon app store and I have no desire to try to fix play services on an unsupported device over the phone. I would also like something that does wireless charging since the charge port seems to always be the point of failure for the poor devices I condemn to death in her house.

She does not need something as sleek and bleeding-edge as the S7+ just something solid and able to withstand a boomer that routinely finds her tablet by pulling on the charge cord.