Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Last time I bought a Samsung mobile device I got bombarded with ad notifications for other Samsung products and etc. I've never bought an Apple product. How are the various tablet manufacturers when it comes to giving you unwanted notifications?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Clip Studio Paint is available for Android, so you're not out of quality digital drawing applications if you go for some Android tablet.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

If you are writing documents at a set location, get a USB-C hub with USB A ports and power passthrough. Then you can use a normal mouse and keyboard to interact with your tablet. All that is less than $100 on Amazon, less than $50 if you don't care about name brand stuff.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

repiv posted:

that kind of rules lawyering usually doesn't work on apple, like torrent clients are banned from the app store even though they technically don't include links to any content

i wouldn't count on tachiyomi staying up forever

To be fair, Shonen Jump probably doesn't have the same pull as the MPAA or the RIAA in threatening to take away advertising dollars or threatening to remove content they control from Apple services.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Samsung authorized repair staff has recently been shown cutting into a TV screen with a box cutter to void someone's warranty (Louis Rossman video). I don't know if they are more deserving of my money than Apple. No ethical consumption under capitalism, and all that. I own a galaxy tab S7 and am happy with it.