Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Music Theory posted:

I want something like a Remarkable, and I don't want to buy one without considering any alternatives, but I can't find any.

Are there any other good e-ink tablets? I mostly want to use it for reading and taking notes.

e: I'm probably gonna want to run homebrew stuff on it, too, so a healthy developer community would be ideal. Amazon just released the kindle scribe, but, since it's Amazon, I'm skeptical of it.

Check out Boox, many of their models have pens and they run plain old Android so you can install whatever you want provided it's e-ink appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

Any iPad which supports the apple pencil, adobe procreate is the app you want, and a lot of people like using a screen protector which has a texture that replicates paper when you use the stylus.

Do not go android, apple tablets are far and away the best and every tutorial you'll find is for Adobe procreate on iPad.

procreate isn't an adobe product, you can tell because it's good

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

It does not have any of the extensions included. You have to go to a site in your web browser and click on a link to download the repo list separately.

that kind of rules lawyering usually doesn't work on apple, like torrent clients are banned from the app store even though they technically don't include links to any content

i wouldn't count on tachiyomi staying up forever