Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Same. I put CM on mine, use it daily.

Won't do HD video files, but streams OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Even the cheap amazon fire chokes on 1080p video, though, so be careful

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The cheap fire lacks a hw video decoder*, so it's all CPU. 720 is fine but 1080 can be difficult. Most other tablets (other than most cheapo ones) should have a hw decoder.

*it either lacks it, or my flavor of CM doesn't have it configured properly.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Surface 3, actually.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Surface 3 is cool, but about two years old

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I did not know they had glass ones for the 4. I had a SP3, and it lasted me a deployment overseas, and I was happy with the keyboard. Left a little to be desired when playing games like KSP, but was otherwise fine for typing. No Cooler Master Cherry MX Green, mind you, but perfectly adequate.

We have the Surface 3 (non pro) for work. I'm a medic, and work in an ambulance, and we use it daily, multiple times a day, in difficult environments. It's on my charting computer. I haven't had any failures of the keyboard, other than some occasional cleaning required on the contacts due to the...environment I use it in. But, for a work computer, with a very difficult life, it's just fine. I'm on mobile right now, in bed, and am too lazy to look up the price difference. If it's more than $25, just get the normal keyboard. It's just fine.

E: VVVVVV

I did not know it was such a dramatic improvement.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 31, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Which 7? 2012 isn't a TRIM issue (people mistakenly thought it was for a few years), it's the type of memory they used. Incurable hardware problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
DO YOU SMELL BURNED TOAST?!